• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Extended break from MDMA. 17 year old.

AnonymousMDMAUser

Greenlighter
I've taken MDMA a total of 14 times (or 12 depending on the criteria.. yes silly) since November last year - however, I'm currently on a four-week break and haven't taken it since mid-February now. When is it safe for me to take it again and how much damage have I potentially done? Is it permanent or will I recover? If I switch to only taking MDMA monthly from now on, will I be alright or do I need extensive time to recover from this 3-month binge? I'm 17. I haven't experienced any of the traditional 'depressive' symptoms; in fact, I haven't noticed any changes in my lifestyle at all since I first took it but I understand that it can catch up with me very quickly and do intensive undercover damage inside that I may be unaware of - most importantly to me would be memory loss.

I'd say give it longer man, 14 times in 3 months is a lot and like you said damage to your serotonin system can be a sneaky bitch. Most people don't see it until the symptoms are completely obvious to everyone around them.

I'd say wait another 3 months then from there only take it every 2 months from then out (on average per year, you can have close experiences so long as your good about breaking long after the fact.) The few years I've gone above 6times a year I start feel it, mild depression, random anger, memory issues, etc. But I've also been using it for 13yrs so that likely plays a role in that.. If your good to your brain now and take it easy you can still likely enjoy the drug when your my age. Binge use may not give you symptoms but it almost always gives people tolerance.

-GC

Your 17 years old. The drinking age is 21 and in reality it should be 25. This is because your brain is still developing and throwing in chemicals that strongly alter the receptors can and will create damage that is entirely irreversible. Ethanol is a much more powerful substance than people think. Drinking heavily underage can and does cause problems to the adolescent brain.

I bring up ethanol as an example of being powerful because mdma is more powerful. Your bouncing back nicely because your young and really most poeple to experience symptoms the first few times. The thing with your young developing brain is that mdma, being extremely powerful, can disrupt receptors and certain connections may not be made. The neurotoxicity of mdma alone causes damage to any user, but as your brain develops this will impact it greatly. Dosing 14 times in 3 months is pretty reckless, somewhat depending on dosage. And man I am no one to talk, I abused mdma as well for a bit but I was quite a bit older.

I would highly, highly recommend ceasing use for now. You are very young, you have a lot of time to use chemicals in the future, but using at such a young age is going to cause future problems. I think all mdma users went through the phase of using and having no ill effects and thinking they were invincible, but it catches up to you.

Users of older age still feel the comedown symptoms but at your age you could be altering brain chemistry, nothing to mess with.

Not trying to scare you, you are fine:) just give it a break for a while man, like a long while, you will appreciate the decision later in life.

Your 17 years old. The drinking age is 21 and in reality it should be 25. This is because your brain is still developing and throwing in chemicals that strongly alter the receptors can and will create damage that is entirely irreversible.
The drinking age being at 21 doesn't stop teens from drinking, so what makes you think raising it to 25 would be any different? It would create more harm than good, just as the age being at 21 and not 18 cause more harm than good. I agree it's much better to wait until the brain is fully developed, but realistically alot of kids are not going to wait that, regardless of how much you inform them of risks and regardless of what the age restriction is.

Your completely correct sir! I never said anything about the drinking age stopping people from drinking or anything! I am just stating that the reasoning behind the 21 drinking age is because of the still developing brain and imo it should be 25 so that the brain is completely developed!!:) I was using it as an example, of course many people do not/did not follow this, including myself. I was just clarifying the reasoning behind the law and how using chems that could possibly have an even stronger effect on the developing brain could effect ones future.

I started drinking at 17 but didnt use harder drugs until college, 21 or 22 years of age, theres no golden age to start using harder chems, I am simply stating give it some time and you will have better results. :)

Raising the drinking age to 25 wouldnt do anything for underage drinking, I am using it as an example stating at 25 your brain is not undergoing any more changes :) thanks for pointing that out.