• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Have you ever been in prison for drug possession? Your story

FlyingDutchman342

Bluelighter
Drug use is not a crime, but is enforced harshly. It's a non-violent act. I wanted to know if you've ever been sent to prison for simple drug possessing or using drugs. This doesn't include other crimes that were committed to score drugs, as for example prostitution, theft, burglary, etc.

I suggest writing in this format
Country you live in:
Circumstances/your story:
Sentence:

USA, Philadelphia specifically. I got busted on a bad day up in North Philly. Had just copped 6 bags of dope and 4 dimes of coke (probably bath-salt cut shit lol) and there was task force guys on the roof with binoculars. Shit was crazy. Spent the night in a terrible prison dope-sick, sleeping on a floor covered in piss. Ended up just getting 6 months unsupervised probation because philly is really lenient with simple possession stuff.

Makes me wonder why the police do set ups to catch
drug exchanges if Philly is not going to impose any real sentence. All that seems to happen if the police and court act like this is that many people are jobless because of a felony record.

I've never been arrested or inside of a jail. My mind sees that as the true Hell.

I still have a squeaky clean criminal record. Been caught with drugs a few times... the cops just took them and sent me on my way.

Yeah...I got arrested once, out in west Texas. Simple possession (of THC) but still a felony charge. Not a great place to go to jail...then again what place is? I spent a day in jail and a year on supervised probation.

Texas, USA; It was the weekend after my 21st birthday. I was celebrating with some homies (they were 19 and 20 years old) and it was badass. We hopped in the car to go pick up more weed. Anyways, I was pulled over on the way to meet the bud guy. for rolling a stop sign and they charged me with "Furnishing Alcohol to a minor" and a "Possession of marijuana". The POM charge was from literally half of a joint, and the Furnishing alc to minor charge was because there was an open bottle in my backseat and it was obvious we were drunk and I was the only one who was of legal age to buy and claim the alcohol. it was such bullshit but it was better than getting a DWI. They let my friends go, in fact they actually let them drive off with my car (so I didn't have to get it impounded) which is fucked bc they knew we were all drunk. They just had to fuck me even though we weren't reckless or anything. literally just a rolled stopsign with nobody around...except for 1 cop. It was still some petty shit though. I ended up getting the POM completely off and the Furnishing Alc (class A misdemeanor) ended up getting sealed after probation and fees, etc. such a god damn joke.

United States - Minnesota

We were raided February of 2016. They recovered an empty baggie and a snort tube that field tested positive for meth. Even though they didn't recover anything more than just parenphernalia I was charged with 3rd degree possession. Back in the early 90s there was a law/bill passed that allowed more harsh sanctions for meth crimes within a certain proximity of public housing, a park, or a school. It just so happened we lived right next door to a public park and a quarter a mile or so from the high school and that's why I was initially charged with 3rd degree possession. I ended up taking a plea to 5th degree possession and was sentenced to a year and a day in state prison. I had good time and ended up only having to serve 8 months.

^ you actually spent 8 months in prison for having meth residue on a snort pipe? Talk about overproportionate punishment. Not that I think one should get punished for using drugs in the first place, but this is just pure, unadulterated bullshit.

Thx for your honesty. It's really shocking what law enforcement can do to you for possessing personal amounts.
I guess we should all flee to Portugal...8(

^^ I thought drug laws were somewhat lax in your country flying dutchman?? I was actually thinking of moving to the netherlands for educational opportunities. My grandma was a dutch jew that fled due to nazi occupation. I figured I could probably get in using that.

Yea, when you're caught with 0,5g of hard drugs (coke/H) or 35g of soft drugs, it's uncommon to even be charged for that. Going to jail for simple possession is very, very rare (personally, I don't know anyone). It is still possible, if you're caught 5 times, for example. I'm very grateful that it's handled that way, but the Portugese laws are even better (prosecution of users is legally impossible ​ = true decriminalisation).
Combined with harm reduction measures and free-rehab (you actually get paid by the gouvernment, when you're in rehab and unable to work), the situation got really better here: Few drug deaths, few hard drug users and basically nobody injects drug in the Netherlands...

^^ I thought drug laws were somewhat lax in your country flying dutchman?? I was actually thinking of moving to the netherlands for educational opportunities. My grandma was a dutch jew that fled due to nazi occupation. I figured I could probably get in using that.
Try getting a passport that way, I think it's possible, if your grandma was a Dutch citizen. Drug laws aren't the only thing this country has to offer, so much to discover here...

United States - Minnesota

We were raided February of 2016. They recovered an empty baggie and a snort tube that field tested positive for meth. Even though they didn't recover anything more than just parenphernalia I was charged with 3rd degree possession. Back in the early 90s there was a law/bill passed that allowed more harsh sanctions for meth crimes within a certain proximity of public housing, a park, or a school. It just so happened we lived right next door to a public park and a quarter a mile or so from the high school and that's why I was initially charged with 3rd degree possession. I ended up taking a plea to 5th degree possession and was sentenced to a year and a day in state prison. I had good time and ended up only having to serve 8 months.

Holy smokes! 8 months for paraphernalia?! SMH that sucks