L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Do these people like me

cyberius

Bluelight Crew
Just got on some mood medications (no more Constant suicidal ideation). At rehab this dude and me hit it off and this chick and him were talking to me and relating to my thinkin I said in group and what not. Towards the end of the group the chick smoked me up some on break :D Do these people like me? I'm so faded rn btw but its been so long since I've been able to be positive too, I'm not sure what its like to be trusted

maybe they are just normal people (rehab normal) and get along with you?

its hard to believe when you have "super depressive everyone hates me" type thoughts but actually meeting people that u get along with is easy enough in life, its gonna be dealing with your mental health that is harder.

maybe your issues are not just yours

maybe others have them too and maybe thats why you all got hooked on drugs

getting hooked on stims is much more likely when you feel awful and they lift u out of it rather than you felt okay and they made you go up . same with any drug really

It sure seems like they do.

Here's the best part: Nothing in the world matters less than whether these people like you or not.

I used to feel like that when I had group therapy, wondering if I was liked. Then I realized those motherfuckers got problems just like I do and we were all there to get help. No one has any business judging anyone and if they do, that's their problem.

the op has deep seated issues with thinking people wont like him which to me just screams depressive thinking patterns

the key thing is you have to make the effort to not get bogged down by negative mental internal thoughts and appreciate these people for what they are which is some pleasant aquaintances which makes life more enjoyable.

if these people like you maybe out there lots of people will

if you send out the "I'm unlikeable" vibes people will interpret it selfishly as you dont like them rather than you thinking they wont like you cos body language gives people a very basic message like "i'm open" or "i'm closed off"

^ Excellent point! It's like if you're already insecure and you have it in your mind that people don't like you, you put walls up and get defensive. I've done that, thinking people are looking at me funny or being sure they automatically don't like me for some reason. It was my own insecurities distorting the reality of the situation. They could actually like you, but if you have a made up mind that they don't, you'll believe what your mind is telling you as if it's fact.

You guys are so smart.

If a girl smokes you out, she probably likes you or thinks you're cool. If she thought you were weird or didn't like you... why would she waste her stuff and time smoking you out?

If a person agrees with you, or relate to something you said --that's also a good sign. You relate to others when you feel a connection. It's all positive and all love.

Be yourself. Relax. Don't judge others. Be open. And try not to overthink.

I assume right away with nearly 100% of people that they hate me or are being fake to try & get something from me, it goes to show sadly that I am nearly always right with that feeling.
I have 1 person in my whole life I can turn to & trust these days. You'll get burned if you go round talking to anyone & put trust in them, most folks are rotten to the core.

“I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it.”
― William S Burroughs

^ That's True, you can't trust just anyone. You have one person to trust and that is more than enough compared to a handful of fake friends.

Feeling liked and getting approval is nice, but what is more freeing is when you realize people's approval does not matter.

Jesus said "Your approval or disapproval means nothing to me."

That is very powerful because it gives you the correct attitude. You can start thinking "If you like me, cool. If you don't like me, that's cool too! Nothing is going to stop me from being the best I can be and moving forward in life."

If people do not like you for whatever reason, just let them go and don't look back. All that matters to me personally is knowing I am approved by God because in the end when I leave this place, I am not answering to people.

People are so thirsty for validation, love and approval these days on social media especially. It doesn't matter what they think at all.

I assume right away with nearly 100% of people that they hate me or are being fake to try & get something from me, it goes to show sadly that I am nearly always right with that feeling.
I have 1 person in my whole life I can turn to & trust these days. You'll get burned if you go round talking to anyone & put trust in them, most folks are rotten to the core.

“I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it.”
― William S Burroughs

appreciate people for their good points and dont expect them to be perfect.

if you expect people to treat you bad it also means you are constantly nit picking other peoples behaviour and judging looking for something to dislike about how they have treated you

this not balanced.

everyones life has hardship in one form or another, at the same time maybe stop making friends with the kind of people who fuck you over e.g. if you get a bad gut feeling listen