Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

DXM (1400mg) - Expert experience - Reaching The 4th plateau

JamesAnon

Greenlighter
Dextromethorphan (DXM or DM) is a drug of the morphinan class with sedative, dissociative, and stimulant properties in higher doses.
I drank 2 bottles of cough syrup DM Max, which has 30 milligrams of dextromethorphan Hbr per 10ml equating to approximately 720mg of DXM HBR per bottle.

Took place in June of 2016. I was in very good health. I do suffer from bipolar and schizophrenia, at the time I was on prescription meds as follows; Geodon 160 mg, lithium carbonate 450 mg, prazosin 2 mg, Seroquel 400 mg, trazodone 150 mg, and cyclobenzaprine AKA Flexeril 10 mg, ranitidine 150 mg.
There was no noticeable adverse reactions with any of these substances.
I prepared for this very high dose by taking smaller Doses and building up to this dose, I also made sure to have a peaceful mindset.
My State of Mind was very content and relaxed.
My intentions of taking this high dose was to Enlighten myself through spiritual connection. I say this because DXM experiences can transfer you to meet "God" in a sense. Just like DMT, (AKA) Spirit Molecule, transfers you to otherworldly dimensions, large doses of DXM have similar trips, only DXM can last up for hours. I had lower doses put me in a philosophical, wisdom seeking, questioning the universe mode. My intent was also to reach the fourth plateau of DXM tripping. Which is The fourth DXM plateau and is reached following this "equation (15-17 mg/kg)" which, I personally have never actually used this formula, I just started with lower doses and work my way up through the plateaus, until eventually I found out how much I need to consume to get past the third plateau.
I've had four fourth plateau experience, and they were so utterly alien to anything I've ever experienced as a human being, at the time I had never tryed DMT. My spiritual side thinking explains my experiences as soul bonding with the universe and its energy. My rationale and logical side of thinking have trouble understanding it in terms I can relate or describe. But my best description is you go so deep in your mind, soul and heart, that you project your cosmic energy or signature across all time and space and all dimensions.

It usually takes some time to begin feeling the effects of DMX. I have a great metabolism so usually it only takes about an hour to feel the comeup effects, which start slow, and then hit you like a brick.But I talked to some people, and in some cases they have not felt the effects of the come-up for up to 3 hours. I'm not sure why.

Time of ingestion is 8:00 p.m. 1400mg dextromethorphan hbr taken orally straight from the cough syrup bottles of which were 2, 8 ounce Robo nighttime DM max.

T+ 1:00( which means 1 hour after ingestion)
Similar to DMT first coming up, there is a tingling sensation in the back of your head and neck accompanied by very intense hum and ringing in the ears. Slight Euphoria starts to kick in and you feel immense amounts of energy, like you could just take off running and never stop. Physically I felt great, as there were no real stressors constituting to any physical feelings, aside from a little bit of a stomach ache.

T+ 2:00
Genuine feelings of peace and love. With Slightly higher or more intense effects it occurred 1 hour after dosage. Physically there was a tingling sensation throughout the body.

T+ 2:30. This means two and a half hours after ingestion.
All at once everything hit me. Massive waves of feel good energy and intense euphoric states off mind. I started seeing a lot of regular, brightly colored, 3-dimensional geometric patterns consisting, unbelievably deep color alternating between a very beautiful green and the brightest pink I've ever seen, through which I moved at terrifyingly fast speeds. The patterns struck me as simultaneously aspects of impersonal space/time, myself, and alien intelligences. This was followed by a period of time in which I felt as though I was collapsing in upon myself and then exploding outwards in an infinitude of directions/distances/times. There were moments when I felt myself approaching/merging with impossibly vast alien intelligences. At times, it was like literally being every instance of space and time observing/being every other instance of space and time simultaneously. At one point I remember looking down at my body, and kind of a panic state of mind, thinking I wasn't going to be able to get back in my body. Physically your body's in overdrive I felt a constant need to move, and a feeling if I didn't I would sink into the depths of of a k-hole. I had a moderate fever, which is normal, 99.7 degrees. A bit of joint pain and was not able to urinate for hours. This because DXM constricts the vessels that allow you to urinate.

T+ 4:00- 6:00
The intensity of the come up is still taking place and Rising until about 6 hours after ingestion. Still have all the same physical effects, such as slight elevation in body temperature, slight joint pain, plus slightly losing control of motor skills. Difficulty focusing visually and unable to concentrate on any one thing, except the intense visuals that you cannot help but focus on.

T+8:00- 12:00
Intensity of the high is so great and powerful one can almost not handle it. You're so far outside yourself you have no connection to your body and reality as we know it. I was transferred across dimensions and contacted the "All Seeing Beings" of the fifth dimension. it seems as if they live outside of time and space. they passed on sacred knowledge of spiritual healing to me. At one point I become so dissociative, I feel as if I'll never make it back to my body. Which really scared the shit out of me. I kept repeating, " my address,I live at so and so in the United States, on planet Earth, in the Milky Way galaxy."
This eventually help me to calm down and become at peace with my situation.
This peak continued for close to 4 hours.
Honestly it felt like it would never end, time just kind of stopped. Physically I was in distress, I need to urinate really bad and I couldn't no matter how hard I tryed, it got to the point that my bladder felt like it was going to explode. I pretty much had total loss of control of my body. I could hardly stand up, I couldn't even feel my own skin. My fever was elevated to a mild fever. At this point I felt totally mentally drained, like I aged 60 years mentally, and received hundreds of terabytes of information.

T+ 13:00- 15:00
I started to come down. Very mild come down, no ill feelings or distress, physically or mentally or emotionally. In fact emotionally, spiritually, mentally and physically I felt like I had been reborn. Visuals we're still very visible and when I shut my eyes, abstract shapes and patterns 'morphed' into rooms that were similar to the one I was lying in. Whenever the achieved coherency, they'd dissipate, then reform. Once or twice, the 'rooms' seems so coherent that I was able to sit up and explore them, much like in a lucid dream. A few of the 'rooms' were bizarre/alien. Perfectly formed geometrical constructs upon constructs upon constructs, that made it look like a kaleidoscope in virtual reality. Emotionally and spiritually I felt like my connection to everything, in existence or not existing life-forms, and Energies known and unknown to the likes of man, where soul bonded, so well that I could get a message from all of these Energies or beings directly into my mind. I could hear and sense them communicating with me.

T+16:00 to the time I went to sleep, approximately 18 hours after ingestion.
The coming down is still taking place, but not as bad as I expected it would be. Coming down off of shamanic doses can be a beautiful experience, marked by feelings of genuine spiritual and physical rebirth. At this point I had no physical distress other than still needing to urinate and not being able to. It was difficult to finally get to sleep as the mind is so jacked up still you cannot help but enjoy the hallucinations and the seemingly new plethora of knowledge.
At this time I proceeded to take my prescribed medications, which I have listed above. Within an hour taking my prescriptions I was passed out and dreaming beautifully!

While shamanic doses of DXM won't necessarily turn you into a shaman overnight, I'm convinced that they _will_ open those doors for someone who is open to having that experience. For me, I was open to that experience.

It is very important that you do not attempt this. I built up my doses over time gaining a little bit of Tolerance. I took precautions to ensure that I would not end up in the hospital or the morgue.
Never attempt to take more than recommended dosage. if you are going to take excessive doses to get high, you must do your research and beware of factors and interactions,of other substances, know your personal health risk factors, and be fully aware of any long-term complications because of use. Excessive use can cause serious brain damage, kidney and liver problems, And prolonged use causes emotionally, mentally,physically, spiritually, turmoil and in some cases damage.
All that being said, I wish you a safe and spiritually trip.8(

I would also like to state that I ended up having a drug test two days after this dosage. I trested positive for methamphetamine.

substancecode_dxm
substancecode_dissociatives
explevel_experienced
roacode_oral
exptype_positive
exptype_glowing
exptype_spiritual
exptype_healthissues
_combo_

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing man, that sounds like an incredible experience, you described it quite vividly. How long did it take before you could pee? Man I hate that shit, when you just can't pee but you have to so bad. Some euphoric stimulants do that to me, man that's torture!

Psychological trick

Thanks for sharing man, that sounds like an incredible experience, you described it quite vividly. How long did it take before you could pee? Man I hate that shit, when you just can't pee but you have to so bad. Some euphoric stimulants do that to me, man that's torture!

It actually took like 2 hours after waking up from a 6 hour rest, to finally push it out.

I later developed a way of being able to urinate when on DXM, by tricking myself into thinking that I was taking a drug test and holding a cup down there while sitting on a toilet, that works every time for me. Don't ask me how this works, it's just some sort of psychological trick that works for me.

That would probably make it harder for me. =D

I've never taken a big dose of DXM, I did Coricidin 10 times when I was 17 to 18 and was only getting like 240-300mg of DXM, but a bunch of CPM too and had a really bad experience with long-lasting aftereffects the last time... the times I tried DXM after that it seemed like I was really sensitive to it and it made me feel pretty bad. But I haven't tried to take it in a good 10 years... or actually more like 14 years. Damn that's crazy.

Have also had a very bad trip on the 4th plateau

I have also had a very bad trip on the fourth plateau, in which the entire theme was death. Scared the hell out of me. I will post another trip report detailing the experience sometime in the future.

Last edited: