• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Seratonin syndrome treatments at home

John cannabiscut

Greenlighter
Hello I've been doing some research on seratonin syndrome treatment and found there are two things given to treat the issue. A muscle relaxant and a seratonin agonist to block the seratonin. Before everyone jumps in and says to go to the doctors and shit, realize if it's not mild or severe seratonin syndrome I will no go and there is no point in telling me to go when I can have a valid treatment which will be effective enough to treat the problem. Many people could probably also agree they don't want to spend a bunch of money when there is a cheaper alternative that works.

Anyways I've easily found different otc muscle relaxants from soma to Motrin, but the seratonin agnostic are a little trickier without a prescription. I've found paxan ginsing paxan, sumatripan, and lidocaine to all be seratonin agonist. If there's anything wrong with these substances like they aren't seratonin agonist please let me know, and if anyon has other substances or alternatives as possible treatment please leave a post in the thread. Thanks.

Ok, first none of those things would “treat” true serotonin syndrome. Second, if you have Serotonin Syndrome, you are out of your head, and even if you had a proper serotonin antagonist, it only luck would save you( or God himself)
Your money does you i good dead, and ER ‘s are pretty much free at saving your life, unless your loaded, in which case, congratulations!
Make this clear: YOU CANNOT TREAT A SEROTONIN CRISIS BY YOURSELF-it would be like saying “Well if I accidentally induce a sTonic-Clonic, I will simply give myself this convienent Lorazepam injection I have on the ready., to stop it” please forgive me, it’s just, have you had serotonin syndrome? A true storm? And Motrin? This all seems crazy- why are you risking yourself, what are you doIng if you don’t mind?

Why do you think you have seratonin syndrome?

That is a very serious thing that should be taken care of at the ER..

Yeah, this is crazy-There is a treatment, I am not telling you what it is, because if it becomes severe you are beyond the ability to help yourself. Sorry if this isn't the answer you wanted, however you are not Dr House, you cannot magically prevent life threatening episodes with,ginseng? Is this a joke? Ginseng and Soma... That alone would cause problems-and it's not a serotonin agonist, a serotoninergic drug on top of a combo that causes a serotonin storm Is more like an anti-treatment; If you are at risk of serotonin syndrome , you need a sitter; if it happens surely you will seek medical treatment, becuase likelythe sittet will call for help, and you'll be too busy talking to Frieza, trying to figure out wtf he is, in between the painful spasms and feelings of , well the most intense fear, since your floating a fine line that you have little natural resistance for. Please be careful

Lorne is right. EVEN if you HAD the correct emergency treatment, if you had serotonin syndrome you wouldn't even be able to pick up the needle and jab it into yourself, not even slam it into a muscle.

I KNOW someone who has gone through this awful, awful experience. My stalker has, once, due to an interaction between two SSRI or possibly SSRI and SNRI antidepressants, bad reaction to them suddenly. She is a woman of a truly iron will, very, very strong in herself, and when she makes her mind up to fight something off she doesn't give up. Even with adrenal issues (low ACTH production or possibly secondary due to low CRF, but certainly low ACTH,) and even then she just won't let things beat her down.

Truly, as strong-minded a woman as ever I have had the honor to know, and somebody who wouldn't lie to me, not ever, we both love each other, indeed I'd give anything for her wellbeing, even if it meant donating my heart and lungs and dying on the operating table. I'd do it without hesitation. So there is nothing spoken between us in falsehood, there never has been and never will be. My stalker had this happen to her, and she collapsed, severely hyperthermic, totally rigid, she couldn't even crawl to get to a phone, simply collapsed on the floor in the worst pain she could imagine could ever exist, and had no choice, with nobody else there, but to wait it out, and hope she did not, as she feared she would, die. Thankfully my dear one did survive, although not without going through many, many hours of something she could only bring herself to summarize, not to go into too much detail. Which for my stalker, thats saying a LOT. Nothing gets the better of her, NOTHING, and nobody, not ever. She just is too tough to let that be a thing in the world, something that gets the better of her. But she couldn't talk too much about her experience with serotonin syndrome.

I'm just so glad my sweet baby didn't die. She thought her life was over that day. And if she says that, then it is true. She is no liar to begin with, but even less so to me. She has shown and told me things that no other living person has ever seen, or heard, even her own family. And I likewise, have let her know things about me, shown her things that no other living being on this earth has ever seen, or ever will see or hear.

And if she says that she COULDN'T seek medical help herself, or the things she described to me, then simply put, the things she said are the absolute gospel truth. Forget self-treatment altogether, if at any potential risk, even small, have someone with you, because you CANNOT respond, you cannot even seek treatment, perhaps if your phone is in your hand or right next to it when its just beginning you might, possibly be able to ring the emergency services but even then I don't know.

Even thinking about what my stalker went through that night, and the fact I couldn't have been there to care for her and nurse her as best I could, even if only giving myorelaxants and bringing down her temperature, and making sure she knew that I was there, that I love her dearly and that I was going nowhere, not even once the emergency services arrived would I have left her side, not ever, but then I wasn't there and had no physical way to do so, it brings tears to my eyes even now years after just knowing what pain my stalker felt.

That, and wishing to the bottom of my soul that it could have been me in her place, suffering, even if it meant my death. That almost feels to me like guilt, in that it was her, not me, although not in any way her fault. I still wish I could have taken her place, irrevocably without the chance to take it back due to the suffering and pain I'd have been in. So I couldn't break and wish it off me and back on her, not that I would WISH it back on her, but wish it away, yes. but if the two were one and the same, I'd be scared I'd break in the acuteness of the agony she went through, that I should have gone through in her stead.

So I know what happens to people with serotonin syndrome. She couldn't even shout out, to someone in the same house, it was that bad, she couldn't even scream. And even my sweet little muffin, she would have in that case, because regardless of how tough one is, there

Yeah, this is crazy-There is a treatment, I am not telling you what it is, because if it becomes severe you are beyond the ability to help yourself. Sorry if this isn't the answer you wanted, however you are not Dr House, you cannot magically prevent life threatening episodes with,ginseng? Is this a joke? Ginseng and Soma... That alone would cause problems-and it's not a serotonin agonist, a serotoninergic drug on top of a combo that causes a serotonin storm Is more like an anti-treatment; If you are at risk of serotonin syndrome , you need a sitter; if it happens surely you will seek medical treatment, becuase likelythe sittet will call for help, and you'll be too busy talking to Frieza, trying to figure out wtf he is, in between the painful spasms and feelings of , well the most intense fear, since your floating a fine line that you have little natural resistance for. Please be careful

Cyprus?