• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Could peppermint oil tablets help with opiate nausea?

Patrickforsterter

Bluelighter
I have some peppermint tablets lying around and would like to try it next time I get nausea if it is a safe combinaion?

Ok thanks I just wanted to be certain their wasn't any interactions etc, I'm quite cautious I usually always take only my prescribed dose and read the information sheets that come with the medication.

1st gen antihistamines are typically the best for opioid induced nausea

Hydroxyzine has no anticholinergic effects, and is pretty good medication in general; it and promethazine are both great for nausea, and can eliminate the pesky opioid induced nausea. Otherwise, diphenhydramine is shockingly effective-and they all potentiate, to an extent(unless it's a prodrug) an alternative without drowsiness is cetirizine, not as effective personally, although it can be used and may work just fine(take 15-20mg though) As to peppermint, not sure it will help, however there is no weird side effects I know of

OTC antihistamines work fairly well for opioid nausea, but if you don't want to take antihistamines I once bought a few hundred "ginger chews" from a local herb shop, although I imagine they could be found at most health food/vitamin/hippy all natural stores. They were actually very effective, but didn't last very long. I used them mostly for the come up when tripping/rolling, but I have also given them to family members who were truly sick and they found them effective as well.

Guys the peppermint tablets worked instantly on my stomach nausea I don't know what they do but this is the single greatest medication I have ever taken(which doesn't say very much)

Glad the peppermint worked for you. I'm going to second ginger as a good alternative option. I buy the ginger gravol when I want nausea relief without falling asleep.

Sometimes, you only need to distract yourself from the nauseau of the come-up. Any strong tasting sweet can do that. I honestly used gummy bears and licorice in the beginning, but tolerance made the nausea go away after a few weeks and it wasn't necessary anymore...