View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Would you trust a spiritual vision?

Pallyress

Bluelighter
I'm using psychedelics in meditative settings (lsd, mushrooms, mdma or edible cannabis/weed).

Earlier this year I tripped on edible weed (coconut infused oil, sativa strain), and I had a very strong inner vision. It was like something from the old testament, and it was basically about this guy I know a little. I like him, but I'm also in trauma recovery, so it would require a lot of work for me to deal with my emotions. I like him a lot, but ot creates a lot of anxiety because I habe trust issues.

The vision was so strong, it freaks mw out a little. He was standing on a deswrt-like cliff, with blue sky above. Lile something from the old testament. A very strong, warm light replaced his features/torso, but I knew it was him. And I also knew/heard: "He is the one. He will teach me something important".

I'm not used to ao strong visions, so it scares me a bit. I'd appreciate any thoughts or sharing similar exoeriences. How much do you trust your visions. What would you do if you had one?

Don't worry about it.

If it's something that supposedly will happen then it will just happen.

As a rule - more or less - I am very okay with learning general lessons from visions or tripping but not with "information" revealed by a vision or trip. Feeling generally guided spiritually is very different from supposed revelatory facts, you see similar things in religion. Also it appears that people can get very confused over this stuff whereas I don't think I ever heard about people who get into trouble not believing visions or trips as fact.

Reasons I have for thinking like this is that IMO these kinds of 'wisdom' don't come from outside but from within. So IMO you should think of it more like something a part of you is projecting, and conveying to you. But it's not always so easy to feel what kind of part is doing this and if it is credible. It may just be the part of you that likes him a lot, I guess perhaps you are hoping on something or have some fixation. Better said, to me it sounds like you trust him more than you are letting yourself.

Taking signs from yourself and deciding how to use it as advice can be difficult for people, even if it doesn't sound like it!

Many people are increasingly inclined to believe in incredible experiences, even if psychedelics are involved, the more intense and often convincing they are. Take a step back though and realize that this doesn't make it any less of an illusion just because it's stronger. What happens during trips and visions is not objectively real and it's not pure nonsense either, but more like a dream or half-dream. A jumble of mental material, desires, fears etc.

The type of visions I follow are more along the lines of wanting to be a good/better person like on mescaline. On mesc I tend to get very soulquest-y sort of visions. With something like that you can't really go wrong and it becomes irrelevant where it's coming from or how "real" it is.

You sound like you are in a vulnerable situation. Getting more emotionally intimate with the guy can already be more delicate but if he is trustworthy and if it feels right and if you take it slow it could be okay. But I wouldn't put any special faith in that vision. Overcoming trust issues could be good if you're careful but respect your own boundaries IMO.

Reading Dreams or Visions is a lot like reading Tarot Cards in my opinion, some aspects of the symbols and motifs are relevant to who you are and where you are at at the time of the vision, dream or reading.

Trust as much as you trust Bugs Bunny, from whom there is tons to learn but no dependable translation matrix.

The best I can make out from your vision is that you would be happy if things were simple and Mr. God would show up and take over the whole matter of your spiritual growth, but as you know, this ain't the case, You're it! Nobody else gonna fix it.

Still it's nice to see such a resplendent card in the deck

temperance.jpg

lots to learn, keep on trucking...

I think it is up to you how to interpret your vision. I try to look at it the same as dreaming; nice and interesting, maybe even metaphorical, but not necessarily something that is absolutely true.

You can pursue this person and see how it goes, if that is really what you want. You might never have another vision that tells you what to do next though :)

Whether to trust a spiritual vision or not? I 100% trust my spiritual guides!

I have had multiple spiritual Journeys through the use of such drugs as dissociative psychedelics. In every instance I'm always greeted by 3 "All Seeing Beings" they always greet me when I crossed through dimensions, with a Feeling love and genuine compassion that is so pure, I feel as if I am at total peace, and total self-enlightenment and Oneness with all the energies and entities of the entire universe and all dimensions and planes of existence.

Upon being contacted they give me spiritual secrets of enlightenment, and hidden knowledge of the universal code that unlocks all the answers I will ever need. They have shown me the way to harness the healing power of spiritual connection with the one great Entity/ Energy of all creation, to combat negative energy forces that cause the "Soul" to become broken and diminished. I have bipolar and schizophrenia that cause me great emotional, spiritual, mental and physical distress, to the point of feeling a complete disconnection to everything, including my own consciousness, body, my perceived reality, and genuinely feel completely lost and even a genuine feelings of wanting to die.

Every time without fail, when they contact me I'm instantly restored to complete and total enlightenment and rejuvenation of Mind,Body,and Soul. It's like being reborn instantly.

They have never done me wrong, they have always show me the way back to 100%. And they always pass/ send me knowledge that I can use to empower my life to the optimal level.

So I guess what I'm saying is it's within the eye of the beholder to decide what they will accept as being true or Just an Illusion. I accepted it as the truth pertaining to my reality.8(

Again this is all just my reality and perception, what maybe true to me, maybe unrealistic or completely insane, and absolutely incomprehensible to you.

Interesting topic and posts. I have had some of this spiritual visions too. In the end it resulted that following that was not a good idea most of the times, but I guess every person/circunstance/vision is different and have to be analyzed on cold, some days after the vision happened.

I would wait some days, make a deep meditation and contemplate the possible outcomes. What was the meaning of the vision?. Does it make sense?. Would it bring you good?. What does your logic dictates about it?. And your intuition?

Hey, pupnik. Just wanted to say I always appreciate your contributions. Your posts always give me some insight (... or maybe the symbols you use are relevant to who I am!).

groovy - I may not have hit home with the OP, but glad the ricochet found a place with you Img_9999!

A little update...

I checked the tread earlier, and realized what I saw in my vision was the temperance tarot card, but with some changes. It freaked me out so much that I didn't get around to reply.

It makes sense, some 15 years ago I did learn myself to read tarot cards for a summer, it entertained my family and friends. Somewhere in my acid brain this information was stored and used to visualise my feelings.

So, imagine the temperance card, but without any water. The hands were empty, palms showing towards me, hands were down and out. Reading up on tarot this symbolizes a loss of spirituality, and this guy is struggling a lot and self medicating.

We are friends, though I like him a lot. I've helped others before, and myself, and I'm currently helping him deal with his past.

In my vision there was also a bright light shining from him, from his chest, that I could barely see his face. A booming voice in my head, my own voice, said: he is the one.

Then I also knew I had something important to learn.

This scared the bejeezus of me. I'm a recovering sex addict and I haven't had a successful relationship in all my life.

I'm still not sure if I'm mad or not, but I've never had a vision before. After quite some contemplating I came to the conclusion that the only way to see if there is some wisdom to it, is to follow it.

And it feels important to me to help him. If I believe in the vision he will make my life better, in some way. And if the vision isn't "true", then I have helped someone who is gentle and kind. He lost his job due to self-medication, and I've gotten him into an internship program through my connections. The premise is that he let me show him how I beat my PTSD and addictions, assisted with mdma and lsd.

So at the moment there is no flirting. He comes over to my house, sleeps in the guest room, I make him eat and sleep, and I teach him about the (new) addiction theory, microdosing of lsd, working with trauma on mdma, and we listen to buddhist monks.

I've never done anything like this before. And I used to date guys who were jerks, because I didn't use to love myself. Now I've learned how to build healthy friendships, but I haven't even kissed a guy since I got connected with my own emotions. So I've never had a crush before in my life where I've been able to feel properly. Never kissed with emotions, and never made love. I don't know what it will be like, it is very scary to me.

Whatever happens I will learn a lot from this. I used to be all about the physical pleasure, now I just want to talk and get to know him. And because I'm helping him with traumas he will feel very vulnerable, so I cannot be more than a friend to him now. Especially because I need to be his guide, and the moment romance or sex is introduced I have a lot of issues that will surface.

And there is a big chance that we will get too close, that one of us cannot deal with it. So it has to be super slow.

I don't know what will happen. When I'm not sure what to do: I do nothing. My hope is that he will get back on his feet and be able to hold a job, and wanting to work for a better future. I want an equal partner to lean on, I cannot carry someone else through life.

OK,
The more traditional temperance card, would probably be more appropriate to talk about WRT symbology and what is important for a recovering sex addict.
In the card, the angel/yogi/master/teacher figure tunes into the elements acutely and is able to vibrate a stream of wavy water diagonally, or semi-horizontally
FullSizeRender-3.jpg

think of it in terms of directing the vitality of life, or transmuting vitality (which has been familiar to you in sex activity) to other uses.
Without vitality, there is no life. With vitality things fill with light.

This morning I awoke to a vision of at least 50 Bollywood dancers on seven levels of a grand hotel or mansion from all castes and monkeys climbing trees to Bangara music which is still circulating in my head. I love this sort of thing, but take no predictive meaning from it, instead I am reminded viscerally of how life is not about me, but I am part of it, and I am dancing too.

In the dream sequence I was with a team of developers, and the scene was initially an icon on a tablet screen, and I wanted the others in the team to consider it as part of a fast track project, I tapped the icon which became full screen video and delighted everyone.
(the evening before, I did have 1/4 ald-52, love and good food, and a great walk in a foreign city.)

Bluelight family - This thread really scares me, because I've been tripping on disco's for almost 7 years, off and on daily other than the year i did in prison. I got clean off opiates thanks to Arylcyclohexylamines. They've given me a massive database of personal knowledge on human chemistry. They've been talking to me in the way that the Mushroom talked to Terrence McKenna - and people I know have been saying that I remind them of a modern McKenna. These visions - I'm scared as fuck my People - I think you may be talking about me. On some real shit. 2-Oxo-PCE has been allowing me to manipulate time and space. I think that I tapped into something that is Above our Heads. No Shit. Chat with me about what the fuck is happening. Do we ALL feel It?

No man, you're just trippin' out on dissos. :) It's fun but you gotta remember that what you're feeling is often fantasy on them.

OK,
The more traditional temperance card, would probably be more appropriate to talk about WRT symbology and what is important for a recovering sex addict.
In the card, the angel/yogi/master/teacher figure tunes into the elements acutely and is able to vibrate a stream of wavy water diagonally, or semi-horizontally
FullSizeRender-3.jpg

think of it in terms of directing the vitality of life, or transmuting vitality (which has been familiar to you in sex activity) to other uses.
Without vitality, there is no life. With vitality things fill with light.

Yes, this is more like the vision, except for the lack of water, et cetera.

I was his guide for 3 days again. This time we worked on emotions. Though he has used mdma many times for partying, this time he met his highest self for the first time. It was amazing to watch, and I could not have hoped for a better outcome.

After listening to mantras and throat singing type music for a few hours, while I fed him a little and meditated myself down, I made him a bath. The acoustics were great for the Tibetan singing bowl track from YouTube, and the room was softly lit with only a few candles. The water was scented with coconut, vanilla and tangerine, accompanied with bubbles. We both dropped 130 mg very pure mdma before his bath, and while he was enjoying his ride up I changed the rest of the flat into the same hypnotic mood.

He returned from his bath in his meditation clothes, and he had already changed. He could not stop smiling and laughing, and asked me what had happend, he was totally changed. I told him that he now has met his highest self, and that his life would never be the same again.

He told me he once had learned to read auras, and that his aura had used to be blue. He held out his hand and said it now had changed to a light yellow.

The rest of the night he learned to forgive himself, to grief, and to protect himself. I sat with him, but we barely touched all night. I directed his focus inwards, and not to me.
The second day we rested. I layed next to him as we watched inside out (movie) and listened to dharma talks (buddhism). I made small meals for us, and waited until he felt ready before putting videos on.
The third day we were very low on energy. We micro-dosed lsd and spent the day outside. He did some work for me outdoors, and we both felt great and energetic again. I got a big, long hug when he left in the evening.

He now has the tools to heal his heart, and find peace. His life will be better from now. He knows this too, he left a very changed man. One week ago he was an addict on the brink of his sanity. I had no idea how skilled, strong and bright he actually turned out to be.

So now I give him space to work on the important relationships in his life. I'll be his guide still, when he needs me. He needs time to find himself, and mend relationships in his family.

I like him so much. But I'm his emotional guide now, and I can't send out any vibes that will distract him from this important journey. I just need to wait until he has grown stronger. I listen to talks about budhism & love. Unconditional love is not attachment.

Old me could not have slept next to a guy without trying to get physical, I have certainly changed too.

Following the vision: so far, so good.

And the way he describes his new aura; it sounds a lot like the color of the light I saw in my vision. There might have been two lights, one kind of like a glory, and a very powerful, divine-like light pouring out from his chest in all directions.

I'm still open for the notion that I have gone insane. I wasn't sure if I believed in Auras before, but I think I'm changing my mind.

I Don't know what to do next, so I just wait and do nothing.

This is some pretty trippy stuff..

It strikes me that it's time to step away from reading the symbology and auras and start to engage with the nitty gritty dirt under your fingernails. At some point the symbolism and magick becomes layered upon itself and so self-referential that it's less than useful. At that point I think it's worth getting back on the trails of pragmatic concrete reality and ask yourself, in your gut, your heart: Where do I really want to go from here?

I am glad it is written down. this work is over for now.
agree with perpetualdawn,
leave it as it is, neither expand it or diminish it,
it needs no further interpretation for now.
instead tune into life.
find the good things to do with mundane reality.

Yes, very trippy. It's an amazing experience which I'm grateful for.

I initially had the vision in January, it scared the daylight out of me. Being a trauma survivor I am scared to be dependant on anyone, especially guys. I am working on these issues and doing progress. Learning about healthy relationships and boundaries, I haven't dated in years. Getting a divine-like vision about a guy who were in free-fall with dtugs and women was certainly not something I wanted ?

I've been waiting for him to be ready for my help. Now I just wait some more. I haven't dared to talk about my vision to my friends or him, it's too personal.

If I'm very lucky he will be my divine love. In any case I believe he will bring a lot of light to the world when he learns to be compassionate to himself. He has this light inside him, he is especially emphatic towards others. I try to help people who will pay it forward, it is all I ask for. When they get strong and on their feet again I ask that they some day help someone else.

Thank you all for listening and commenting. I'm not used to visions, and it has been very good to vent in here. I believe you guys are right, it's time to let it go for now. I need to keep some distance to him so I don't interfere with his journey. I have a lot of issues with physical contact and will go a little nuts the moment I am starting to practice it. I need to stay sane and supportive for now.

I'm sure this tread will be updated at some point. This is a very interesting journey. ?

Allright, the psychedelics has worn off. I don't think he is my destiny, his life is a bit of a train wreck. But we'll work together on our addictions, kind of a private AA club separate from the rest our lives. Fixing our addictions with psychedelics and trauma therapy. I really needed someone to work with, so this is a true gift if we can make it work.

Allright, the psychedelics has worn off.
That's what I was coming to say, I've taken countless trips on countless substances. In the end I realized that physically and mentally acid can help someone given the right conditions, but as far as the visions and premonitions go, it's just a part of the drug. I've had weird visions before and called things shortly before they happened (this actually happened the other day, whilst tripping, I asked my gf if someone was at the door and had this big spill about a random vision of answering the door. It felt so real I thought I'd actually done it; shortly after finishing the conversation. The FedEx guy came knocking :))
As far as the big "life changing, entity contact" types of visions go, I just enjoy and laugh it off as the crazy side effects of psychedelics.