• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Sublocade

Bigsammy610

Bluelighter
I'm only putting this in homeless threads because I can't figure out how to post it in Other Drugs.

I did search, and couldn't find anything. Has anyone heard of Sublocade? It's supposedly a subcutaneous injection of buprenorphine/naloxone that you get once a month. Pretty interesting stuff.

Anybody tried it out?

I don't know why they even need the narcan.... Stupid including it for the needs of the pretend soldiers thinking they are fighting a war on drugs. There's even. 12 mg Suboxone strips.... It's crazy

Isn't that Vivitrol? Oh, right that's naltrexone-only depot injection.

What would be the point in getting naloxone with your buprenorphine if a nurse is shoving it into your skin for storage? You'd only need a single shot/nasal spray of naloxone to dislodge any present opioids, and it's not like your subcutaneous cells are gonna try to abuse the buprenorphine, or reverse IV it back to you so you can get it into a proper vein or something.

Sublocade doesn't have naloxone in it.

I think its a wonderful idea, I was really excited about probuphine as well when it was in the tunnel, but probuphines doses were much, much lower. Meaning it would essentially only be useful to use after tapering down to a very low dose, and using as a bridge to sobriety(which don't get me wrong, is the hardest part). This seems more geared toward actual maintenance, I'd like to see more doses though, so you could easily taper just by changing the strength of your depot without supplementing it with SL bupe, and then weak doses that you could jump off from. As is they only offer 300mg and 100mg depots, which last for 30 days, which means you are still talking about 2mg+ a day for the smaller depot.

And since we all know bupe works the best when dosing less than 2mg per day(with lower effective doses due to BA) even the 100mg is higher than I think most of us would want to use, it would cause all the negative side effects associated with high dose suboxone such as severe emotional numbing, sexual side effects, etc.

In its current form I think its best for people NEW to suboxone, who would switch to strips after the first month. This would ensure compliance without all the pain and suffering of vivitrol.

Probuphines delivery system was much more complex, I don't think this system is really suitable for use as a bridge to sobriety. Even if they lowered the depot down to say ~15mg I don't believe the delivery is consistent enough for such low doses, toward the end of month of such a small depot some parts of some days you would WD and other days you wouldn't, the landing wouldn't be smooth enough to go from depot to nothing, this is where probuphine could come in. But as is, just changing from the 300mg to 100mg depot would still need to be supplemented with suboxone.

Last edited:
Hmm. First there was buprenorphine=subutex cause it was so poor orally the made it sublingual. Then they added naloxone to make Suboxone. Now, we take away the sublingual, and the naloxone, yet somehow get sublocade? I get buprenorphine might be a "blockade" your opioid of choice can't run, but, . . . marketing always gets the best drugs.

This is pointless, and unpredictable- a 30 treatment, with no practical reversal or dose adjustment?

Drug companies need to leave well enough alone, or actually do something useful-they already have played both sides and made money off of a false premise, And doctors keep going at it, without the most basic research-and if you prescribe it to half your patients, you should know far more about it than I do-yet they don't-or do a great job at playing dumb while prescribing brand name medication when cheaper generics exist , with no practical difference-drug addicts do often get sub standard treatment

That's pretty much ≈3.3-10 mg a day, which is crazy over excessive as the bioavailability is likely higher meaning the lowest dose is over what would be in an 8 mg script. I think they need to stop giving bupe out like it's candy

This is pointless, and unpredictable- a 30 treatment, with no practical reversal or dose adjustment?

Drug companies need to leave well enough alone, or actually do something useful-they already have played both sides and made money off of a false premise, And doctors keep going at it, without the most basic research-and if you prescribe it to half your patients, you should know far more about it than I do-yet they don't-or do a great job at playing dumb while prescribing brand name medication when cheaper generics exist , with no practical difference-drug addicts do often get sub standard treatment

Yeah this is pretty much how I feel about it.

My wife has a drawer full of suboxone boxes.. she gets 4 8mg strips a day and only takes 1/4 of one.. they definitely over prescribe it. We hoard it.. but who knows.. it may come in handy one day.

I'm not disagreeing with your dosage concerns, but the people saying drug companies need to leave well enough alone...you must not know people who really, really WANT to stop shooting heroin, want to stop stealing from the friends and family, want to stop going to jail, and minds are constantly filled with self loathing and suicidal thoughts because they hate themselves for being so weak and see no way out, but even when they have suboxone on hand they can't stay compliant long enough to break themselves free from their lifestyle. I know literally dozens of junkies, some who have volunteered for vivitrol in the past but it didn't work, who would be very thankful to have a month of sublocade before switching to a lower dose of strips. For people who can't summon up the willpower to stay on maintenance for even 2 weeks, taking too much bupe for a month is of little concern, when you are probably going to be on maintenance for over a year, perhaps years, a month or two at higher than optimal dosage means jack and shit. Read my post above if you haven't and it should spread a little more light on the utility of such a product, its not a panacea, its not for everyone, and shouldn't be used long term, but this could be an extremely useful tool to break people free from heroin addiction.

That is exactly what it is. Once monthly injection. Super long acting. Turns into a semi solid mass upon contact with human boy fluids.

i just found another sub dr when i heard about this i was interested im just waiting until we see any adverse side effects i been on sub for 10 years i had enough----------I HONESTLY HAD ENOUGH~!! meetings dr`s always throwing me out because im on klonopin im sick and tired so i might be a guinea pig and try it has any one on here done it >? as in i mean had the injection>? i want to know is there any wd`s associated with it _? any help is appreciated thanks guys

yes or it could help suboxone users get off suboxone~! cause it is hard

I wouldn't do sublocade until you've been on Suboxone for at least a few months

Seems kinda pointless except for a good transition off of sub completely. Does it have naxalone or not? If so are they going to market another expensive version for those who take subutext

Last edited:
It does not have naloxone, and it is not good for transitioning off suboxone completely because the dose is far too high although other implanted versions of buprenorphine with far lower doses would be. Its most attractive feature is ensuring compliance.

I guess if you are already on HIGH dose suboxone, and want to lower your dose but can't stop yourself from taking too much suboxone, it could be good for that. I would not attempt to go from sublocade to nothing, and honestly, even if it means getting a family member to ration your doses, I would try very hard to taper suboxone in a traditional manner before utilizing sublocade.

If looking for a buprenorphine implant to utilize in quitting suboxone, I would explore Probuphine, not Sublocade.

Please try reading the thread before asking already answered questions or positing inaccurate information.

Last edited: