• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos No W/D after 10 months of Klonopin

Ragnarbones

Greenlighter
So I've been taking klonopin 1 mg 3 times a day since June 2017. I haven't had any in 4 days and feel no withdraws .I here ppl complain about how bad the withdrawals are from benzos but I'm not experiencing any . I also take geodon, gabbapention, clonidine. Could theses drugs stop the withdrawals of the klonopin .I take theses drugs bc I have schizophrenia

I don’t think Geodon would help with withdrawal....I don’t know about the other two....you need to ask your psychiatrist.

i also take Klonopln—is your psychiatrist having you taper off or are you not wanting to take it anymore? I really think it’s critical to titrate off under medical supervision, seriously. You could start experienci serious withdrawals....life-threatening ones. Don’t risk it!

You likely didn't run into any issues because you used at a stable low amount. Not everyone is that lucky, but just be careful because that doesn't mean you can't become dependent you just have not become dependent yet

3mg/day isn't exactly a low dose, stable maybe but not low. I think the clonazepam has accumulated and the W/D's might still come. Let us know how things are progressing RagnarBones..

Welcome, Ragnar, I am Scrof the Bony, brother to Ivar the Boneless (read about it here.).

I think you should be pleased that you haven't suffered any withdrawal symptoms after 96 hours of abstinence, and I hope that continues. I also hope your doctor knows what you're doing, since even without a withdrawal syndrome, you can get sudden emotional swings that might happen anytime, for a week, maybe longer.

In some individuals with mental health problems, that can trigger manic episodes, so you want people to know if you suddenly stop taking it or any psychiatric med. People who are prescribed ziprasidone are obviously the sort of people prone to such things.

But I think you might be on to something with your use of Geodon before/during/after benzo cessation. Not a single instance of unexpected, unexplainable symptoms with D2-receptor blockade.

I'm trying to taper myself .my doctor wants me drugged up she wouldn't be happy if I told her I want off .neither woulf my family .but it's my body so I don't see the problem.. I only took a half mg of klonopin since i posted this thread and feel fine just very tired during the day

I understand, but don't forget you have a chronic illness too, and being a little sleepy may be better than the alternative.

Benzos like clonazepam/Klonopin are used to treat and prevent manic episodes, and those rarely end well. The Geodon is used for people prone to manic episodes, among other things.

If you're trying to "taper" why not keep it at the half dosage for a bit? 1.5mg? It's quitting too fast that can be the problem.

Klonopin's half life is quite high (40 hours) so I mean thats ~100 hours until its mostly eliminated. Thats a long time. W/ds could still be around the corner. If not.. you're lucky! Don't question it.

THe longer the half-life, the less withdrawal. The low end on that figure is more like 18 hours, but if a drug had a reliable 40 hour half-life without actives, I would say there is no withdrawal syndrome for it, without some chronic raging high dose, and even then it wouldn't be a withdrawal syndrome.

If a person hasn't started withdrawal symptoms in like 36 hours, it's not going to happen, because his brain has already adjusted, or been exposed to a condition of no-drug, and nothing bad has happened. It may take longer than that for organs like your bowels to demonstrate that they're operational, but that's only cause you need food and water and transit times.

Will a person feel bad, feel gross, tired, depressed, sure. THat's not a withdrawal syndrome, that's saying goodbye to something you love, plus emotional issues secondary to sleep/food/metabolic disturbances from when a person was on the med, or just from the bucket of Haagen-Daz they put down in one sitting, to help cope with the WD.

If you snap at people, or get more than your usual lack of patience with traffic on the freeway, THAT IS NOT WITHDRAWAL. (I'm not yelling at you Pickles, just the unwashed masses of the forum.) That is to be expected. If it feels like getting yourself to go to the gym after years of not going, and you feel like lead on the eliptical, then we're talking about stopping/starting habits, chemical or otherwise.

There's some research out there showing just how easy it is to convince former benzo dependents that they are going through outrageous withdrawal, when all they got was a shot of saline. So much of it is your brain believing you're trying to give up oxygen, and tricking you into going back for it.

So, let's make clear for OP and other here that 3mg Klonopin is not seizures and exploding legs withdrawal territory. But it's also not good for people with organic brain disease to do stuff with their meds against their doctors' wishes.

What? Of course a long half life reduces withdrawals but it doesn't completely nullify them. If you did take enough klonopin to get withdrawals, it would take longer to manifest than with xanax. DUH.

And besides I said 'COULD' as in its possible. Because I realize everybody reacts differently to drugs. There are so many factors here... its impossible to say for sure.

My point was that even if it took 40hrs. x 5 = 200 hrs, nine days, to eliminate the drug from a person's body (clonazepam doesn't produce active metabolites), that person does not need to wait until hour number 200, then another 36 hours, for withdrawal to begin. They would have started 36-48 hours from the last dose. You don't need to reach zero, just drop the concentration faster than your brain can adjust.

And taking nine days to even get to zero, is a long time to adjust.