• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

craving danger

Hey, Old.Greg, congrats on the 3 months. Hoping the question about tolerance isn't based on the intention to use. Why not keep going?<3

Appreciate the fast response. I knew it would have dropped but I didn't know it would be drastic. Sorry to hear about your friends.
I always thought it took a long time for tolerance to drop. But I guess it kinda has been a "long time" in the dope world haha. Hope you're having a good nice dude

Nothing to be sorry about man, both of em are still around, ones in the pen, and the other is out in Colorado I think.

I have no intention of starting to use again. just a curiosity. Ive never been off from em for this long haha.
And thank you!
and, i misunderstood about your friends. Colorado would be a nice spot..only been thru it before never visited.

I think as addicts we crave that fast lifestyle, the high pressure, intense moments that you get while living as an addict. I'm talking about small victorious wins when you almost get caught...but then you don't, kind of thing. You do something and your subconscious reacts. Your heart is beating fast, sweaty, shaky hands...etc.etc. So when we decide to get sober our body slows down and not only are we depriving our bodies and brains of a drug that it was used to having, we are also taking away another type of high we were getting. So my advice would be to do something dramatic. After I came off of subs I bought a mountain bike, and started hitting the trails. I wrecked..a lot. But it was awesome, I hadn't realized how much my body was craving an adrenaline rush.;

i cant fuckin stand living in South Jersey. im bout to buy a bus ticket and vanish into the world of dope.

Why don't you move somewhere else instead? I fucking hated living in Chicagoland, eventually I moved elsewhere, to a beautiful mountain region where people are great and I fit in and it doesn't feel horrible. My life totally changed because of it. You know dope isn't gonna make it better, it's just gonna make it worse. Hate Jersey? Get out then! :)

i dont have a passport and ive gone most places i wanna go in the US. Dope makes everything better...tho i am still sober. i just dread this existence we call life. i dont understand the basics of life. seems easier to accept my love of opiates and hatred of humans and combine the 2. Ive got the option to move to GA, which i dont have much experience there...so thats an option. i just do not want to make anyone elses life a drag, like the way i view my own.

Hello my friend......DON'T go back, please!!!! You've come so far, you're so amazing honestly!! The drugs will only numb things for the moment. You've got the option to go to GA??? SO GO!!!! Give it a try, you have nothing to lose.....Don't lay down now man!!

I am here for you to support you in any way I can, please feel free to call on me and I will be here for you. I'm proud of you, you can do this!!

Hugs,
Your friend and here for you anytime,
Ashley.
i dont have a passport and ive gone most places i wanna go in the US. Dope makes everything better...tho i am still sober. i just dread this existence we call life. i dont understand the basics of life. seems easier to accept my love of opiates and hatred of humans and combine the 2. Ive got the option to move to GA, which i dont have much experience there...so thats an option. i just do not want to make anyone elses life a drag, like the way i view my own.

Old Greg I hope you didn’t choose to use.Three months is great, but it does get better. I fell backwards after six months Heroin is that tricky. I was over confident in my recovery had stopped therapy and got cocky. I’m having a hard time right now. Things got real and real tough after I relapsed. Now I have hospital bills,radiology, a shit ton of moneys. I said I felt like numbing myself to my gf and she’s on my ass. I need to do something for me. This is one hard battle.

Thanks for the support ashley. Ill have to really think about GA before i commit. Its so far from anyone and everything i know..which may be a good thing.

Pucman, sorry to hear that dude. It is certainly a tricky mofo. I wanna use everyday..but its not realistic and not REALLY the life i want to live. I hope all works out for you.
I love this website and appreciate the fast responses. I havent been active lately and its partially because this site and others like it sometimes give me cravings when i see certain topics in the forums so i bypass the forums and come straight to the darkside lol :)

Have a nice morning everyone, i am having my coffee then off to work.

Bluelight gives me cravings, too, not for opiates (I really do seem to be past them, thank god), but for drugs in general, which isn't always good. I've taken long periods of time off the site before, so I totally get it. :) Though yeah, TDS certainly is not one of the places that gives me cravings.

Anyway, sometimes totally uprooting can end up being incredible and life-changing. Although it takes some time to adjust and it feels really scary at first. I love where I live SO much, and I have the best life I've ever had here, very close friends, etc, but for some solid months I regretted moving. It's just because it's a huge change and you have to meet new people, but doing that teaches you so much about yourself, and you have the opportunity to start fresh with a clean slate, in terms of how people see you, and how you see yourself.

Hey old G... I've been following your post since you started it but just wanted to pop in and let you know that I live in GA and id love to have a sober buddy to hang out with! Have you ever lived in the south before? I've been here my whole life and I love it... I don't know much about other regions in the US except I've visited Seattle and the Midwest and in ideal world I'd get to experience living in both one day. I just know if it were me, I would jump at the opportunity for a change of scenery if I could. You can always go back but you'll never know if you'll like it if you don't go for it! Keep us posted and good luck fighting the good fight!

Yes I totally agree with you S&Em, that's very kind of you to reach out like that, what an awesome person you are!! Sorry just had to tell you that.

Your friend,
Ashley.

Hey old G... I've been following your post since you started it but just wanted to pop in and let you know that I live in GA and id love to have a sober buddy to hang out with! Have you ever lived in the south before? I've been here my whole life and I love it... I don't know much about other regions in the US except I've visited Seattle and the Midwest and in ideal world I'd get to experience living in both one day. I just know if it were me, I would jump at the opportunity for a change of scenery if I could. You can always go back but you'll never know if you'll like it if you don't go for it! Keep us posted and good luck fighting the good fight!

Hello my friend!!

Thinking of you, how are you doing today? If you ever need to talk feel free to pm me anytime okay?

Your friend,
Ashley.

Thanks for the support ashley. Ill have to really think about GA before i commit. Its so far from anyone and everything i know..which may be a good thing.

Pucman, sorry to hear that dude. It is certainly a tricky mofo. I wanna use everyday..but its not realistic and not REALLY the life i want to live. I hope all works out for you.
I love this website and appreciate the fast responses. I havent been active lately and its partially because this site and others like it sometimes give me cravings when i see certain topics in the forums so i bypass the forums and come straight to the darkside lol :)

Have a nice morning everyone, i am having my coffee then off to work.

i have never lived in the south before, i have visited FL and SC before, i have family in both. I think im going to GA at the then of August :) id like to have a sober buddy as well.
Thanks for offering, i really appreciate it. Been havin a hard time making friends.
What part of GA are you in, if you dont mind me asking?

I am doing well Ashley, thank you. How are you?
I had a nice day at work today its was in the 80's but low humidity. Did'nt make my work feel like brutal manual labor, just manual labor haha.
Same for you, ever want to talk im always here.

Oh man that's so great to hear, you made my morning actually!!!!

Good for you OG!!! SO PROUD OF YOU!!!! I think that the move is very exciting, you can make new sober and even better memories there!!!! And you always have a friend in me here, that will listen and be here for you.

I am doing well. Just catching up with wonderful people such as yourself! ; )

Have a fantastic day and feel free to message me anytime.
Your friend,
Ashley.

i have never lived in the south before, i have visited FL and SC before, i have family in both. I think im going to GA at the then of August :) id like to have a sober buddy as well.
Thanks for offering, i really appreciate it. Been havin a hard time making friends.
What part of GA are you in, if you dont mind me asking?

I am doing well Ashley, thank you. How are you?
I had a nice day at work today its was in the 80's but low humidity. Did'nt make my work feel like brutal manual labor, just manual labor haha.
Same for you, ever want to talk im always here.