• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

craving danger

Weather is finally getting nice here. Ill be getting to do a lot more work on a consistent bases so i am getting excited for that. I carry my AA card around with me with the serenity prayer on it. Im not relgious or make hopes or prayers to any higher power, but, seeing the words and knowing how many people its worked for seems to be helping me make better decisions

Right on man, sounds like things are starting to look up for you.

I don't believe in god or a higher power either, but I still hold onto this buddhist necklace I was given while in rehab. To me, it represents a time of my life when my thinking had drastically changed. I try to wear it in times of stress as a reminder of that time and my mindset then.

Mementos Definitely help, I have am old coin my best friend used to carry in his wallet for good luck, he was the one that got me clean the first time. He died of an overdose in '15, so now it reminds me of all the things he used to try to get me to see about my addiction.

Glad to hear you're feeling good about things Gregg. You're in the northeast right? How the hell's it going to get warm up there before it does in the lower Midwest.

reminders of the past are a good thing in my opinion. Im sorry your friend passed. but im glad his passing has left an important message for you. I moved from NYS to South jersey. Its still chilly at times but things are blooming, or starting to. Ill be going to NY tomorrow evening for 3 days. ill letcha know what its like up there back home haha. Im afraid im going to run into snow..bahaa. Hows everyones morning going? Im nervous and excited for the trip. You know...people places things. All the triggers in the world. But if i make it thru the 3 days and stay clean it will be a big boost to moral.

Yeah he was like my brother, but he'd be ashamed to see what's happened since he passed. It's cold and rainy here, it's bumming me out. I've got a hundred mile radius trigger zone man, I had a pretty big range.

yea i had about a 45mile radius haha. i tried to stay as close to home as possible tho. no transportation other than public for these next couple days will help me stay situated as well. Its fuckin hot in jersey today, tshirt and shorts.

^We had a 'summer' day here yesterday as well. It was a gorgeous day but living in California I always have this impending doom feeling (drought, fires) when the weather starts to feel like summer.

Happy easter everyone. Im still in NY visiting family and hangin out at the hotel. Made it thru the weekend being a goodboy. I saw people i thought would be instant triggers and mustered my way thru it. Hoping everyone is having a nice weekend

Today was my first day of work and 2months clean. Feeling good for the first time in a while.

so true, the danger aspect of it gets overlooked.... i've had guns pulled on me, been in fights, and just seeen weird sketchy places i would have never glanced had i not gotten into drugs... its a life style fo sho

thank bp. Tired as balls today. haha but it feels good to be tired from something besides drugs ;P

Tomorrow will be 3months. How much of a tolerance drop would I have by now?
Never gone this long before. Just curious :)

Congrats man, I imagine it'd be massive, I've had friends od after coming out of jail for a couple months and using thier usual dose.

Appreciate the fast response. I knew it would have dropped but I didn't know it would be drastic. Sorry to hear about your friends.
I always thought it took a long time for tolerance to drop. But I guess it kinda has been a "long time" in the dope world haha. Hope you're having a good nice dude