Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Adderall Xr / 40mg - First Experience - The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

CoaxedX

Greenlighter
Hey guys,

I'm a 24 year old male about 6' tall and weighing around 180 lbs. I have never taken Adderall before. I read several personal accounts and researched everything I could find about Adderall in the week leading up to me taking it. I smoke weed regularly but haven't taken any type of pill in about a year. I decided to document my experience for my own benefit, and then decided I would upload it for others. Hope y'all enjoy.

8:36 - Woke up and climbed out of bed. Feeling extremely groggy, tired, and restless, as if I wanted to sleep more, but couldn?t. Completely sober. Have not orally consumed any substance, including food, or smoked.
9:00 - Went in the bathroom and did hygiene related tasks.
9:39 - Shower and hygiene completed. Put on sweats and took my dog outside.
10:01 - Orally consumed 20mg Adderall Xr. Ate breakfast (frosted mini wheats) a few minutes after consuming Adderall Xr and watched 3 episodes of ?Friends? while still feeling very tired and groggy.
11:16 - Feeling slight effects. When I got out of bed and stood up, I immediately became aware that I had a very slight sensation of being alert and awake. I was also very aware of my surroundings (strongest effect) with a very slight euphoric high. All research stated that with Adderall Xr (extended release) the first release will occur after approximately the first hour. Allegedly the effects will begin to take place between hours 1 & 2 and will last approximately 12 hours. The Adderall Xr 20mg capsule is filled with multiple small beads that all have a different dissolving period (hence why Xr stands for extended release due to the extended period of time the beads will dissolve and continue releasing, intensifying and extending the effect of the Adderall). Eventually the effects will plateau and remain that way until you begin to come down. The current effects on my body and mind are very mild (almost unnoticeable). Nothing like what was found in my research for people who took an Adderall Xr 20mg dose. People reported a semi-intense euphoric high mixed with the ability to focus on one task for hours on end until completed. People stated they completed multiple homework assignments that would normally take 3 hours in a mere 1 hour period, studying and other boring tasks were found to be fascinating, test taking was very easy and could be completed in half the reported time of other students, and staying up for 24 hours could be accomplished with little to no mental fatigue as long as Adderall was kept in the system. 40 mg of Adderall Xr is the recommended dose to have an intense euphoric high mixed with intense focus, especially for those with a previous diagnosis of ADD/ADHD. It is stated that when an individual with ADD/ADHD is subjected to Adderall Xr 20 mg it can have little to no noticeable effect. The 20 mg of Adderall Xr will bring an individual with ADD/ADHD back to a normal state of focus for a human mind without ADD/ADHD. Due to my previous diagnosis of ADD when I was 9 (I was placed on medication to help with focus and brain function), I am going to try for the full experience. Due to the little effect 20 mg of Adderall Xr has appeared to have, I do not know what to expect or how much I will need for intense focus. Due to the capsule form of the Adderall, as opposed to a tablet form, I cannot take just a half dose. Subjects stated that you can open the capsule and crush up some beads to expose the powder and snort it. Seeing as this is my first experience with Adderall Xr, and I am trying to merely experiment and study while experiencing these effects, I do not believe this is a method I want to try. 400-450 mg of Adderall IR (Immediate Release) is considered dangerous consumption in a 24 hour period, therefore, 40 mg of Adderall Xr is not in any way dangerous or even close to overdose.
11:26 - For full experience, orally took another 20mg Adderall (now 40 mg total)
11:30 - I shaved, fixed my hair, and got dressed.
11:44 - Log started while listening to music to document experience for future reference or to merely share with others.
11:45 - I took the dog outside, spoke with my mom, and helped her with a few tasks.
11:49 - I began snapchatting and having deep conversations with multiple people.
2:15 - My heart rate is sitting at a steady 86 beats per minute. I took my dog outside again. I ate Pringles, a muffin, and drank a Mr. Pibb. (Extremely unhealthy and not normal for me, but it is all I could force myself to eat) Unlike with marijuana (always my go to), the Adderall has caused me to not want food. I know I?m hungry because I can feel my stomach growling, and am experiencing hunger pains, but nothing sounds appetizing. Drinking liquids is also a difficult task that I do not want to do and instead have to FORCE myself to hydrate.
3:06 - I began studying using an online exam simulator. This is the main reason I took Adderall Xr, but the motivation to accomplish my original task is lacking. I am motivated to accomplish all kinds of tasks, but not the one I intended to do.
3:16 - I began having more deep conversations on Snapchat instead of studying. Expressing my thoughts and listening to the thoughts of others has played on the body high that I have. It has enhanced the euphoric high and in-turn has caused me to express myself in a whole new way through my words. I feel very happy about everything. It is like I took two Xanax bars and drank multiple energy drinks at the same time. I gave contact information to a friend of mine for my tattoo artist. I am logging this purely as an example. All I did was give the contact information to him, but it gave me a sensation of great accomplishment and excitement.
3:30 - Updated log from 11:49 till present time.
3:32 - I?ve gone back to studying using online exam simulator.
4:37 - Left the house to pick my wife up from her moms. Driving felt like it suppressed the euphoric sensation. It was not a fun or relaxing experience like driving after taking a hit of weed. It felt like I hadn?t taken any Adderall Xr, but instead I felt normal but more nervous. Maybe this was because I was driving while under the influence of a drug and was aware of this (hence the nervous feeling), but I have never experienced that level of nerves while driving.
5:00 - As soon as I arrived at my wife?s mom?s, I turned the car off and got out. Immediately the euphoric sensation came back and I was happy again with lots of energy.
7:26 - Stomach pains have returned and I know I?m very hungry from the growling my stomach is doing, but the hungrier I get, the more sociable I become. It?s actually causing me to see how long I can go without food because I?m enjoying how social I am, although I know that?s not a good idea. I want food, but nothing sounds appetizing.
8:00 - Sitting down with my wife, brother-in-law, and mother-in-law at O?Charleys. Again, I know I need to give my body food, but after looking at the menu I have no desire to eat anything listed. Ordering loaded potato soup and a water with lemon to try and force it down.
9:45 - Forced myself to eat a roll and the entire bowl of soup. Now sitting down with family looking at old photos. I still have a semi-euphoric sensation, but it?s relatively mild. My focus is beginning to return to normal and I feel very fatigued but not tired. My chest feels very heavy like it?s hard to breathe, comparable to the feeling you get from severe anxiety. It has actually felt like this all day, but I was never anxious about anything, and I still am not anxious. I?ve also been very aware of my heart beating all day. I have felt every beat and been aware of every beat (even when I had only taken 20 mg) since approximately 11:16 this morning.
10:29 - Noticeably coming down now. The euphoric sensation, awareness, focus, and energy is now coming and going in waves. I believe this is due to my mind feeling very fatigued and the Adderall combating it to keep me going, but the effects are still very noticeable. I?m preparing to go home to lay in bed and watch TV with my wife. My body wants to lay down and go to sleep but my mind is still fully awake. Every time I relax and shut my eyes to gauge how tired I am they immediately open back up. I physically cannot keep my eyes closed. Still feeling very sociable and entertained by documenting today?s events. I never document or keep logs for anything, but today I have had the ability to constantly update, in detail, my experience with 40mg of Adderall Xr and have enjoyed every moment of documenting this experience. This log doesn?t even do justice to how amazing this experience has been.
11:44 - I?m home walking around my room organizing things. Just took two hits of weed (sativa) to slow down a bit.
12:18 - The weed has taken effect. It?s not a normal high, but instead it?s a high without your mind feeling foggy. It?s as if your head is floating and vibrating while this entity inside of it is pushing its way through the fog and out in the open.
12:29 - Final log. I?m sitting in bed feeling like I could try to fall asleep, or at least lay down and let my mind start to recover and wind down. I haven?t experimented with many drugs, but I can say that this was by far the most intense and satisfying experience I?ve had. I enjoyed every moment of it and would absolutely do it again.

Unfortunately around 3:00 in the morning I was still awake and could not sleep, so I smoked some more weed (indica this time) to try and put me out. I hardly drank any liquids all day (I didn't even think about hydrating but 2 or 3 times) so when I began crashing, I experienced the worst headache of my life. I get migraines and this headache was worse than any migraine I've had as well. I finally fell asleep at around 5:00 but now the headache was so bad that I could not stay asleep. Every time I woke up I forced myself to drink liquids and fell back asleep for around 30 minutes before I started the process over again. I finally got tired of being restless and got up at 8:30. I took a shower and took some pain killers with a cherry coke to try and hydrate while giving my body some sugar and caffeine since I also hardly ate. Now it's 12:49 the day after taking 40mg of Adderall Xr and I'm finishing this up. My headache is still noticeable but not nearly as paralyzing as it was earlier in the morning. I feel absolutely exhausted and can barely focus on one task for an extended period of time.

1. The Good - The actual day of experiencing 40mg of Adderall Xr was incredible. I loved every minute.
2. The Bad - The crash was god awful. I know it's partially my fault for not forcing myself to hydrate and eat more, but it was even worse than I imagined. I cannot express how bad the come down was.
3. The Ugly - As I'm typing this I feel very groggy and my mind is cloudy. I have no desire to do anything but sit around and be a bum for the day. I considered popping another Addy to counteract these effects but I do NOT want to experience a come down like that again, and honestly, it doesn't sound appealing to take another one. Probably just going to sleep it off. Hopefully my next experience will be better the day after.

Overall: It was a great experience and I will definitely do it again sometime. Since I experienced the negative side effects of the drug I now know what to watch out for and what to do different next time. Even with the come down, I would still give it a 8/10 for my experience.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_adderall
substancecode_dextroamphetamine
substancecode_pharms
substancecode_amphetamines
substancecode_stimulants
explevel_firsttime
exptype_positive
exptype_bodyload
exptype_difficult
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator: