• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

I can?t piss when someone?s watching and i?m going to non secure because of it, help!

Yael133l

Greenlighter
Alright so heres the problem ive been on probation and in this program and theyll randomly drug test me, ive been there for almost a month and ive only pissed once out of numerous attempts. I literally thing i have a psychological disorder but that doesnt matter because i HAVE to piss since im on probo. Ive tried running water, imagining im somewhere else or thinking about waterfalls, holding it it (which where im at theres not many staff so sometimes i have to hold it anyways) and even when my bladder is so full it hurts i cannot go for the life of me, the one time i went the guy took pity on me and shut the door. but because of this my po is sending me to a ?detention center? i guess you could call it until im clean, but im not gonna be able to test clean if i cant piss. another thing when i do hold it even if its to the point where i can barely hold it, and i go to the bathroom alone its still hard to even start pissing because ive held it so long, and if im getting drug tested and ive held it my anxiety skyrockets and its almost impossible for me to shake it, i literally came out crying once half because i had an anxiety attack and half because my fucking bladder hurt so bad . so basically unless i find a way to piss in front of someone then im going to be stuck in non secure until i can which could be literally weeks even though ill be clean by the time im going in there. please recommend things i can do to try and piss in front of someone

I am so sorry. I have heard this from others here before and when the fear is so severe I don't know what to tell you. Hypnosis would be my instinct but you probably do not have access to that. The only other thing I can think of is to get something in writing from a psychologist or medical doctor. Since I have heard this before surely they have, too. It is ridiculous that they are putting you through this when there are other obvious ways to make sure you are not going in with anyone's piss but your own.

i told my psychologist but he didn?t do anything, i?m going to call him and explain to him more about how bad this is and hopefully he can do something about it, even with a doctors note i don?t think they can let me close the door, it?s court ordered that it has to be supervised so idk

i can?t do any of that where i?m at, and ive tried running water and not trying to think i?m trying to pee but it?s a really strict school/treatment program that i?m at 12 hours a day but thanks for trying to help

have you tried multiplying numbers together. When I was younger I used to get a little pee-shy when using public restrooms and it would be very hard for me to get a stream going. Then someone told me to try multiplying numbers in my head while trying to pee and it worked for me. Really well. Just pick two numbers like 91 and 9 and multiply them in your head as you try to pee.

Paradoxical intention. Quit focusing on trying to pee. Instead tell yourself you are trying to not pee. The guys who were stuck watching us pee would periodically turn on a faucet. Somehow that helped some guys pee. Autogenic training, self hypnosis of sorts might help but I'd do some body relaxation, body awareness stuff before you are at the specimen collection stage of things. I sometimes had problems producing a specimen but it was mostly cause we were kind of randomly grabbed and sometimes I had a pretty empty bladder. So I was stuck hanging out in the head drinking lots of water out of a dixie cup til I could produce.

This. This is one of the greatest techniques I've ever learned to combat anxiety. If you tell yourself before and/or during a super nerve-wracking experience, "I'm totally not gonna be able to pee" "I'm totally gonna botch this interaction and be super awkward" etc. It naturally brings a sense of humor and ease to the situation, and you end up being just fine.

Have you tried sitting and taking a dump while you pee? idk if thats allowed or not but ime, if i have to poop 90% the time i end up pissing even if i didnt think i had too, lol

I also can't pee when someone is watching except for occasionally on GABA drugs. For me I'm not consciously afraid to at all, I just literally can't, it won't happen no matter what I do. For me it's rooted in early grade school experiences where I was tormented in the bathroom while trying to pee in urinals, and then when I started using the stalls so I'd be in a private space they made fun of me for that, too and would bang on the walls and shit. To this day I have to be alone or at least blocked off from view to pee, it's extremely annoying. I spent the night in a holding cell one time (for underage drinking when I was going to be 21 the next month 8)) and I had to pee SO BAD but the guy in there with me was all tweaked out and stared at me constantly so I just slept (since I was super drunk) and the next morning my bladder hurt bad, it was pretty fucked up.

yeah it sucks but hopefully i?ll get a handle on it, same i?m not consciously afraid but i can?t, my po said it?s all in my head and that?s true but hopefully i can?t get it under control

For me IDGAF. I can take a piss anywhere and ill make eye contact if you decide to watch :D.

No but seriously if your life depends on it, you really need to just drink so much water that u just can't hold it in.

That seriously doesn't work for people who have this real problem, making light of it by saying you don't have the problem is not an answer, Chompy.

Sorry i try to use humor in wrong situations. However, I used to be on probation in the past and had this problem but after a while I just started to just not care. I know everybody has their own way to overcome their personal struggles.

well i finally pissed today with the door open, i guess it?ll get easier over time hopefully, but i did multiply by 3s in my head too so i think that helped, thanks guys

gl, i went through this as well. man what a job, watching people pee.... anywho i was like no way am i pissing with this old dude watching , not happening ! they gave me a patch to wear constantly on my arm so sweat would detect drugs. i still think back to those times when i'm in public restroom pissing and some old guy is near me. it's life but fucking weird man.

Yael, that is great news that it worked! Does this mean you won't have to get transferred?

i still got sent there for over the weekend, and if it happens again i?ll probably get sent back

the thing is, they wouldn?t let me go to the doctor and get my blood drawn which pissed me off because how am i gonna mess with that sample?? and the patch they said is too complicated and i could tamper with it and with hair and saliva tests they said ?oh that?s too complicated for us? but i?ll hopefuly be out of there by mid june