• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids skin infection, or something, from IMing heroin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MentalBreakdown

Greenlighter
Okay, so I am very very new to injecting heroin. I have maybe done it 5 times or so. Today I was using a needle that only I have used, probably about 3 times, all for IM. I know you are not supposed to reuse needles, but it was the closest thing I could find to a clean needle and I live in a state with no clean needle laws and didnt have a lot of money, as well as needed to do the black this morning to help subside my mental symptoms until I can go to a doctor worth a s*** and get all the psych and pain meds I need, basically heroin is making me stay alive and functional. Since the state of nevada is so damned hell bent on "dur due due opiod/narcotic epidemic", thw only things I get prescribed for horrible anxiety and depression and physical pain and everything else are meds that arent narcotics and thus, they don't work.

Anyways, I inject into the back of my delt, and immediately the skin around it starts to swell up like if you've ever taken a tuberculosis test, about the same as that. Its been about 7 or 8 hours and its still swelled up very slightly, it has a small dash of black coloring in the middle and the whole swelling is red, with minimal pain. Again this was a reused needle on myself, I cooked it up and used cotton and drew it into the syringe exactly the same as I always do, but the needle was a little fucked up honestly so the injection did slightly hurt. I have been doing IM steroid injections for years so its not like I'm new to it, but it is a different sized needle/barrel, different for drawing it from a vial, never reused a needle with steroids, just honestly way dirtier and scarier obviously. But can anyone tell me what it might be and what I should do? I've read skin abscess and to get on antibiotics asap, which I will go to the doctor if it doesnt go away or get better in maybe a day or two

Idk why the last thread was deleted, can the mods on this site at least tell me why, and what I need to edit to make it okay by rules? I am not bragging about drug use or anything, I am genuinely worried about what this thing on my skin means. That should be obvious

I already answered your first posting of this question in another subforum. Basic drug discussion.

The risks of used needles and IM use are well known and you should be familiar with being told to UTFSE and not repost a closed thread since you are not a noob.

^ Pretty much that

Thr odd thing this, IM heroin is actually very effective. However there are risks to injecting street drugs into a
muscle

i dont know who or why your previous question was deleted, however DO NOT double post, you PM a mod or the person closing it-otherwise you are disrespecting the person that closed it and even th site to an extent. I cannot close this again, though all that can be said is to wait a day or two and swelling should go down aand all should be well-otherwise go to hospital, abscess is terrible, and can be truly painful

And be more careful with your shots: Use a search engine, if for nothing else then to learn good injection techniques- and most states don’t have clean needle laws, however it is legal to buy them OTC in most states, with few exceptions like NY, and, they have exchanges(or did?) and unless they changed the law, you can purchase 10 without RX

Status
Not open for further replies.