• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Urgent, worried about IM heroin injection

Status
Not open for further replies.

MentalBreakdown

Greenlighter
Okay, so I am very very new to injecting heroin. I have maybe done it 5 times or so. Today I was using a needle that only I have used, probably about 3 times, all for IM. I know you are not supposed to reuse needles, but it was the closest thing I could find to a clean needle and I live in a state with no clean needle laws and didnt have a lot of money, as well as needed to do the black this morning to help subside my mental symptoms until I can go to a doctor worth a s*** and get all the psych and pain meds I need, basically heroin is making me stay alive and functional. Since the state of nevada is so damned hell bent on "dur due due opiod/narcotic epidemic", thw only things I get prescribed for horrible anxiety and depression and physical pain and everything else are meds that arent narcotics and thus, they don't work.

Anyways, I inject into the back of my delt, and immediately the skin around it starts to swell up like if you've ever taken a tuberculosis test, about the same as that. Its been about 7 or 8 hours and its still swelled up very slightly, it has a small dash of black coloring in the middle and the whole swelling is red, with minimal pain. Again this was a reused needle on myself, I cooked it up and used cotton and drew it into the syringe exactly the same as I always do, but the needle was a little fucked up honestly so the injection did slightly hurt. I have been doing IM steroid injections for years so its not like I'm new to it, but it is a different sized needle/barrel, different for drawing it from a vial, never reused a needle with steroids, just honestly way dirtier and scarier obviously. But can anyone tell me what it might be and what I should do? I've read skin abscess and to get on antibiotics asap, which I will go to the doctor if it doesnt go away or get better in maybe a day or two.

Is this also known as skin popping?

Mate I wouldnt think IM is the way to go for heroin and the area you describe could turn nasty.

I suggest you put more effort in getting clean needles and the sterile water . There has to be some available in your area through pharmacues or on line orders or any volunteer needke exchanges.

Don't IM again. Theres info in the directory about how to inject and also protocols/risks of reusing needles.

Keep the area clean with soap and water. Put an alie vera compress on it . You might have a histamine reaction or have an infection coming so dont fuck around and get antibiotics.

The body gets rid of toxins the quickest and easiest way possible and thats back up through the skin.

Solid advice zephyr, I will heavily stress the new needles and sterile water. There are plenty of places online that deliver almost anywhere, and they are discreet with shipping, at a low cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.