• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Has anyone astral traveled ?

yompf

Bluelighter
I searched for a thread , didn't show up. I am on the mobile site idk if that matters . anyway , I tried the other night and i did it!! Well I really wanted to. So I waited and I guess before my mind drifted off I sat up. As sat up I was unsure if I was in my body still , but everything looked funny like underwater sort if like a mild blurr and I KNEW, then I looked behind me and saw my head , i looked funny so I didn't stare at myself. Lol . I got scared though , of maybe some spirit thing that might get me and at that point I might of went back in my body and dreamed the rest of it, like lucid dreamed the rest. I ended up at my moms, I flew up to the roof and I was calling for my dog to come with me ,then I woke up like.... Dam!!! I didn't do it , what happened?
But I'm sure I DID initially leave my body for the first time. Just not for long .But being at my moms.... no , that was a dream because she was there talking to me telling me not to do it before i flew on the roof.
But I DID sit up out of my body and stand up.!
Exciting and frustrating because I can only try once a night....
Do any bluelighters astral travel?? Where have you been ? What do you do? Any tips ?

I used to try and try when I was young but never could. I have known people whom have claimed to. They were involved in the whole mind/spirit thing and I had no reason to doubt them. I think anything is possible. I hope people respond.

I skimmed through a book about this a few years ago, was pretty interesting. Will post the name if I remember.

I've never experienced it, though I want to. I've always had problems becoming lucid in dreams, I often dream quite vividly and am present but I have only become aware I was asleep a few times in my life. I had this thing when I used to heavily abuse AMT, where after stopping it, for a few nights I would experience sleep paralysis, and once I got myself out of it I would have the most intensely lucid dreams, but I couldn't escape them and they'd always be apocalyptic in nature. I've never left my body.

Has anyone astral traveled ?

No not personally but over the years on these type forums I've heard from a lot of other, (emotionally and mentally questionable) individuals who claim they have. 8(

Everyone has, sort of. Dreams are a form of astral travel in my opinion. And certain types altered states are a form of astral travel as well in my opinion. As for the classic astral projection experience involving lying in bed and actuallyexiting my body while seeing a silver cord attaching it, a handful of times, yes. However, I was unable to do much travelling as my motion was restricted and walking was difficult. Also, seeing myself in bed caused me to be startled the first couple times this occurred which resulted in me going back into my body.

I have, although I can't remember the exact details. I think it's happened to me a few times involving sleep paralysis. I had to learn not to panic when entering sleep paralysis, and I would be rewarded with strange experiences.

Its my understanding that what people call sleep paralysis , is really that moment , between deep sleep , and exiting your body. That's when fear strikes ,keeping you locked in . People see things sometimes and have unpleasant experiences I guess at these times.
When you say strange experiences @Tranced , after you let the fear go , what did you experience?
Were you specifically trying to successfully astral travel or project ? Did you know at the time what was happening? What helped you let the fear go?
I think astral projection is a natural part of the human experience and I believe its very important for all of us as a species to acknowledge this , and acknowledge our astral bodies , just as much we do our physical body.
Please , if anyone can tell those of us who are curious , how they left theie body , and what they did after and what they felt at first , did you fly ? Where to ? Did you talk to anyone ? Maybe you wrote it off as a dream ? But maybe you feel like it was more at the sane time . please share !!
Is anyone experiencing "sleep paralysis " now ?

Everyone has, sort of. Dreams are a form of astral travel in my opinion. And certain types altered states are a form of astral travel as well in my opinion. As for the classic astral projection experience involving lying in bed and actuallyexiting my body while seeing a silver cord attaching it, a handful of times, yes. However, I was unable to do much travelling as my motion was restricted and walking was difficult. Also, seeing myself in bed caused me to be startled the first couple times this occurred which resulted in me going back into my body.
Curious , when you left your body , did you mean to? Like , was that your intention ? To astral travel that night? Were you a child or adult ? Just curious.