• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

New to this site and have a question about a potential missed hit

Kapkat

Greenlighter
Last night I was shooting meth, knocked a super tiny vein and got blood in the needle. Pushed in very slowly but it didn?t hurt. After pulling out got a red heat rash looking thing that went away within monutes. Now there?s a goose egg there that?s bruised, with a line running sideways through it. It?s painful but not unbearable. Anyone else experience this?

Last edited:
Sounds like you missed a shot.

Try adding heat (hot compress) and if the pain/swelling doesn't go down over the next day or so you will need to seek medical attention, especially if you get fevers or other signs of infection.
Not wishing to scare you, but it's not worth getting an abscess and losing an arm (or worse) over, so you might want to see a doctor (or emergency room) sooner rather than later
The earlier you get it looked at, the better - and it may just require a course of antibioticsZ

I'm new to by the way the goose egg would normally be very serious its something I'd expect to see on someone with bubonic plague although I'm not sure how common it is when shooting up, however I would seek immediate medical attention if it gets any worse take care.

The rash thing appearing instantly is histamine reaction. It happens sometimes and take an antihistamine for that. The lump is the missed shot as its leaked out of the injection site and yeah as sj says a warm compress. Raise it. Dont use that arm. If its going to get better by itself it wont get any worse or painful over the next 24 hours. If it does get painful or become red and streaked, youre in trouble and need antibiotics.

If you start feeling a bit off and hot/feverish, go directly to ER. Sorry mate. Theres nothing else that anyone could say that could be an alternative unless Im wrong which is possible.

Missed shots happen, most resolve with being clean and held up with firm pressure but some dont.

Give that arm a rest for a very long time mate.

Last edited:
^ this. keep an eye on it, and if it doesn't get better - or gets worse - please seek medical help. it might feel embarrassing or awkward, but that's not something to lose an arm over.

welcome to bluelight, kapkat and patrick <3

Thanks for the advice guys, I finally slept a few hours and the swelling went down although it?s still a bit painful and hardish, but it isn?t worse I?m just going to keep applying heat and ice to it and if it?s not getting better I?m the next two days a trip to the doctor might be in order.

If it
is not better by Tommorow you should probably go ahead and go to Er. Certain areas are more sensitive than others , although it shouldn’t take days to heal, or at least you shouldn’t wait to find out.

And everything Zephyr said- And let me put a special emphasis on antihistamines, a very simple precaution and useful type of medication, that far too many people ignore- post back PRN