• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Massachusetts Legal Mostly Dead

treezy z

Bluelighter
In MA we voted for legal weed but shops and growing will be banned almost everywhere. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bo...ies-and-towns/VZVpZpjpNggWuynQ45gQSJ/amp.html

This state is a strange combo of radical Marxism and puritanism. Personally I prefer a thriving street trade, the medical dispensaries cost more than similar street smoke and the money grubbing bastards can fuck off with their taxes.

I dislike a ballot vote being discarded however.

Like 90% of counties in Oregon ban rec sales, that doesn't mean you can't have legal weed or that it's hard to get lol.

I'd rather pay half for the same bud on Street so give no fuck... Shove those taxes up there ass

I'd rather pay half for the same bud on Street so give no fuck... Shove those taxes up there ass

That's really the only area legal weed has the advantage besides being... legal. It's cheap af.

Recently I got back from a little week long getaway to Denver and Lakewood, CO. I visited several popular dispensaries in the area and purchased only the finest shit they had.

The Pros: *snip* No price discussion please.

In Chicago I can't find anything with that high a quality that I can sell near that price.

The Cons: I had better shit sitting in a jar on my couch back home.

The edibles were underwhelming. My first day I ate like 1200mg of THC and all I got was a stomach ache from all the fuckin candy I had to force down. The next day I ate like 2500mg and felt literally nothing. At which point I got kinda salty because I had just spent like a rack at the dispensary for two stomach aches.

Straight up salty.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's really the only area legal weed has the advantage besides being... legal. It's cheap af.

Recently I got back from a little week long getaway to Denver and Lakewood, CO. I visited several popular dispensaries in the area and purchased only the finest shit they had.

The Pros: *snip* No price discussion please.

In Chicago I can't find anything with that high a quality that I can sell near that price.

The Cons: I had better shit sitting in a jar on my couch back home.

The edibles were underwhelming. My first day I ate like 1200mg of THC and all I got was a stomach ache from all the fuckin candy I had to force down. The next day I ate like 2500mg and felt literally nothing. At which point I got kinda salty because I had just spent like a rack at the dispensary for two stomach aches.

Straight up salty.

Hilarious, you had batter shit? Better than tested for pesticides and analyzed for cannabinoid content, better than 37% THC, better than grown in an expensive commercial but still small scale (read: caring) farm?

No you didn't.

Eating 2.5g of THC is fucking ridiculous too, are you working as a neurosurgeon? That's about the income you'd need to support a habit of nearly 3 grams of THC a day. Even the heaviest smokers I know are nowhere near 3 grams of BUD a day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hilarious, you had batter shit? Better than tested for pesticides and analyzed for cannabinoid content, better than 37% THC, better than grown in an expensive commercial but still small scale (read: caring) farm?

No you didn't.

Eating 2.5g of THC is fucking ridiculous too, are you working as a neurosurgeon? That's about the income you'd need to support a habit of nearly 3 grams of THC a day. Even the heaviest smokers I know are nowhere near 3 grams of BUD a day.

I used to smoke 7-10 grams of pot per day before switching to shatter.

No you didn't.

Pretty fuckin presumptuous.

I did in fact have better shit sitting on my couch back home, I grew most of it. I've been smoking for almost 20 years and growing for half as long. I know what good weed is.

Where did I say I ate 3 grams of THC a day? I was on vacation in a legal state and I have plenty of expendable income, I own my own business... Sorry?

When we first landed, the first thing I did was hit a dispensary. I tried eating a little at a time and I didn't feel shit. Later in the day I ate 1200mg and was ready to get my mind blown, I didn't even catch a buzz. So then I hit up like 4 more dispensaries and ate 2500mg the next day right before I went to the Denver Art Museum, I felt nothing again. Sweet exhibit about female artists throughout history though. In CO you can only buy in 100mg increments if you're a rec buyer so I literally had to eat a ton of candy to get to that point.

I did some research after I got back from our trip and apparently people metabolize edibles differently - there's a chance that something about the way my liver works doesn't allow me to catch a buzz from edibles. The only edible that ever gets me high is a recipe I got off grasscity for the hallucinating hash capsules that I make exclusively from my own trim and hash.

For the rest of my vacation I called it quits on the edibles and just smoked out of glass, which was nice because I didn't have to hike with a stomach full of gummy candy. Rocky Mountain National Pk is seriously overwhelming. God, I love being in the woods.

When I got home, I took one hit and was blazed off my ass. It was also much less harsh than anything I got from the dispensaries. I was thoroughly disappointed, especially because I only purchased top shelf nug from every dispensary I visited.

Mods - My bad about mentioning the prices. I didn't even think about it because it's a legal state.

Last edited:
I've never met a half way serious grower who said their weed wasn't the best.

Hell, look at my avatar. I grew that shit. Better than yours by a fucking mile.

lol

I totally relate Tombs, took a trip to Washington one day and had to deal with the 100mg crap too. Could only afford one and knew it was too little but I figured 'they must really know their shit' lol smh. I got one of their 100mg drinks cause I didn't want just candy. It fizzed up when I opened it and lost 10% right away. Also tasted like it still had alcohol in it. Obviously felt nothing off it. We also picked up a preroll and that at least got me high. Those edibles are such a waste

I've never met a half way serious grower who said their weed wasn't the best.

Hell, look at my avatar. I grew that shit. Better than yours by a fucking mile.

lol

I love this response because it's so true....

I totally relate Tombs, took a trip to Washington one day and had to deal with the 100mg crap too. Could only afford one and knew it was too little but I figured 'they must really know their shit' lol smh. I got one of their 100mg drinks cause I didn't want just candy. It fizzed up when I opened it and lost 10% right away. Also tasted like it still had alcohol in it. Obviously felt nothing off it. We also picked up a preroll and that at least got me high. Those edibles are such a waste

I wasn't a big fan of the pre-rolls. I didn't buy any actually but the girls that stayed in our Air BnB before us left a bunch of 'em and some edibles so I definitely helped myself to them. They were all Blue Dream I remember, one of my fave strains for depression.

So we stay on topic- this doesn't mean that I don't support legalization. I do. I want the 5 plants in my closet to be legal. :)

I would love to stop participating in the black market and I would love it if dispensaries opened all over Illinois. I likely wouldn't visit much.

Growing is rewarding, it's what I was doing medically just before it became legal. I dropped that and the blackmarket as soon as the legal market became a healthy competition. I haven't gotten a harsh tasting bag in years and what I buy now for insanely low prices I would have considered top shelf quality only a few years ago. The market moved really fast and I'd be dumb to say that I can actually compete with the stuff that's going on here quality and expense wise though.

Although states struggle with their own issues, I think the biggest problem with regulation right now has to do with the fact that the federal government needs to make a decision on allowing banks to accept accounts with companies selling cannabis products. Right now everything is basically done with cash in most places. It makes it difficult to regulate.

The federal government's hand will be forced as more and more companies demand the change.