• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Withdrawl Advice

baalzebul

Greenlighter
I have been taking oxycodone for well over a year, lowest amount a day I could get away with was 4 x (30mg pills) but typically did 6 a day, so avg 150mg/day . I am currently on my third day of WD and have a few questions.

1. I am using Immodium(12-16mg/12hour) with Tagament(400mg) Clonidine(Catapress) Tramadol (50mg-100mg)/day and a Xanax(1mg) at night to sleep so far this regiment has been mostly helpful, no cold sweats, diarhea, nausea, minimal RLS
2. I also have some Kratom pills, normal plant extract and some of that O.P.M.S gold, now the gold really help, but I feel worse after, so I stopped. I almost feel like they may be extending the WD
3. On my 6th day I will have a flight and an important business meeting, I certainly can not look/feel like I do today or I'll probably lose my job. Question I have is if I took 15mg Oxycodone to get through that flight and another 15mg the next day for the meeting, will I be resetting my withdrawls back to day1 or will I be okay?

Thanks again for any and all help

It will reset your wd partially..

Since you've been detoxing for a few days now, your wd's won't be as bad after your one day relapse, but you'll still have to excrete the oxy you took that one day, and whatever residual oxy was left over from the first detox.

But it takes time for your receptors and brain chemicals to reach normal levels, a one day relapse won't affect this process very much

What was your habit? It won’t take you back too much. Ozu wears pretty quick, you’ll be back in detox the next day certainly, just go from m there

You might be able to mitigate the W/D reset if you just used the 10-15mg of Oxy at the business meeting and not on the flight (unless you're sitting next to the boss or something on said flight). Another thing is that 5-6 days is a fairly good flush of your system and will probably have cut your tolerance a bit, (though with Kratom, Tramadol and Alprazolam far from a CT-W/D) but staggering your dose out a little like 5mg x3 or 7.5mg x2 might make the doses hit easier and keep you sharp without being high or noticeably "feeling very fine" at the meeting.

Well today is day 4, feel worse today than the last three for whatever reason, thought the first three days were suppose to be the worst. I also found I have Gabapentin(perhaps spelled wrong) 800mg pills, should I use these as well, little freaked out by reading possible side effects. I've lowered my Lopramide dose to 8mg today, took 100mg Tramadol, and only 1 gram of Kratom. I am getting 14(30mg) oxys soon, don't want to use them , but should I be in this shape for that meeting will need them. I am really hoping day 5 is easier so I don't relapse.

Hey ballzebul. Just wanted to make sure you were clear that loperamide, tramadol, and kratom are all opioids (though loperamide does not cross into your brain and cause euphoria). Taking these other options instead of oxycodone when quitting can help a lot with breaking habits, subjective experience, less temptation, etc. but what you are doing is still a taper that could be theoretically accomplished with equivalent small doses of oxycodone instead. A taper will take longer than going cold turkey (hence still feeling shitty/worse after the worst is supposed to be over).

All that being said I wouldn't worry too much about taking whatever you need to to not lose your job. A small amount of oxy will have very similar results as a larger amount of weaker opioids which you've already been doing. As long as you are taking just enough to manage it won't set you back much if at all. Alternatively you could try taking a relatively larger dose of something like codeine (though still equivalently less than your previous oxy dose) if you really want to leave oxy alone.

Think of your physical dependance as weight your are trying to lose. You can starve yourself for a few days and feel shitty. You can have a really extreme diet for a week and feel pretty bad but still manage (what you are currently doing). Or you can eat a tiny amount less each day and slowly lose the weight (a long taper). The point is eating a bit too much on some days won't be too damaging. Just don't tell yourself that and then fall off the wagon :)

As for gabapentin I wouldn't bother unless you run out of benzos.

You may want to try the gabapentin. It can help tremendously with the withdrawals. Not everyone experiences nasty side effects, hell a lot of people really enjoy gabapentin. You may even find it can help well enough that you won't need to consider taking anything else for this flight+meeting.

Would be better than trying to take Oxy again, it's never a good idea to flirt with relapsing like that.

I have been taking oxycodone for well over a year, lowest amount a day I could get away with was 4 x (30mg pills) but typically did 6 a day, so avg 150mg/day . I am currently on my third day of WD and have a few questions.

1. I am using Immodium(12-16mg/12hour) with Tagament(400mg) Clonidine(Catapress) Tramadol (50mg-100mg)/day and a Xanax(1mg) at night to sleep so far this regiment has been mostly helpful, no cold sweats, diarhea, nausea, minimal RLS
2. I also have some Kratom pills, normal plant extract and some of that O.P.M.S gold, now the gold really help, but I feel worse after, so I stopped. I almost feel like they may be extending the WD
3. On my 6th day I will have a flight and an important business meeting, I certainly can not look/feel like I do today or I'll probably lose my job. Question I have is if I took 15mg Oxycodone to get through that flight and another 15mg the next day for the meeting, will I be resetting my withdrawls back to day1 or will I be okay?

You've been taking tramadol, imodium and kratom? Thats 3 opioids. You will definitely be prolonging your w/ds. Thats not to say you haven't made any progress. But you may find yourself in withdrawal again when you stop these opioids. I'd say go ahead with a small oxy dose at work, if you need it to keep your job then you don't really have a choice. You could always get on suboxone if you want to quit oxy but remain functional at work.

Thanks for all the advice, I didn't realize Kratom was truly an opiod, thought it "acted" as one, regardless I've taken very little Kratom, I can't do the powder, its disgusting and only had a few pills. I have not gone over 16mg of lope in a 12hr period. But yea didn't realy realize all this was more of a taper than getting clean. I'll do what I need to keep the job obviously. I certainly won't go back to 120mg+ a day.

Also out of Xanax, only had 4 bars, and frankly don't even want to dare get addicted to that.

So is the only way to really get clean in the 7 supposed days of WD to only use clonidine?

Thanks for all the advice, I didn't realize Kratom was truly an opiod, thought it "acted" as one, regardless I've taken very little Kratom, I can't do the powder, its disgusting and only had a few pills. I have not gone over 16mg of lope in a 12hr period. But yea didn't realy realize all this was more of a taper than getting clean. I'll do what I need to keep the job obviously. I certainly won't go back to 120mg+ a day.

Also out of Xanax, only had 4 bars, and frankly don't even want to dare get addicted to that.

So is the only way to really get clean in the 7 supposed days of WD to only use clonidine?

Lots of ways people really get clean. Some use small doses of things like Kratom, lope, whatever to help for the first few days. Some use gabapentin/Pregabalin/phenibut. Some just use clonidine. Some use nothing. There is no right way, just ways that work better for some people.

..., I didn't realize Kratom was truly an opiod, ...
Kratom may be an opi but from experience the WDs (if one endures any at all) from kratom cannot compare with the WDs from oxy, H, fent, tramadol or coffee for that matter.

As for the xannies... man don't go there if you can help it. I used them (and valium) to get off heavier opis and ended up going through hell for a few weeks at work (after about 4 1/2 months of xannies). Thank god I found kratom or I think I woulda lost it all; even my sanity. Fast forward 6 months and I sit here with a secure job, monies in the bank (and pocket), very little (normal?) to no anxiety and a host of other positives.
All I am saying is that there is a light at the end of the tunnel... just have to keep pushing through, bro. You can and will if you want. If you do not only will you be happier but it will be contagious to those around you.
Best of luck and be one.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the advice, I didn't realize Kratom was truly an opiod, thought it "acted" as one,

It is true that kratom is not an opiate, since it is not derived from poppies.

However, 'Opioids are substances that act on opioid receptors to produce morphine-like effects.' That technically makes kratom an opioid. I think some might disagree with me there, but probably for political reasons.

Kratom, Immodium, and Tramadol are both opioids so you're just replacing 1 for 3 others. Kratom would seem the safest as the risk of death and breathing issues is much lower. I would switch to that then taper down.

Yeah, for Other Drugs discussion, drugs or their metabolites that have effects due primarily to their action on opioid receptors are all opioids. For me, I'll specify CENTRAL opioid receptors, which excludes loperamide.

Loperamide primarily works through, is intended to work on, intestinal opioid receptors, and only vast unsafe overdose manages to get a pinch to any central receptors. Tramadol itself is less an opioid than its metabolite nortramadol, is marketed as an anti-depressant painkiller, but effects require the u-opioid receptor, thus it is an opioid. Venlafaxine is an antidepressant, marketed as such, benefits from tiny influence on the MOR, but that isn't required or predominant, thus it is not an opioid.

When the great Kratom Wars break out, then it may be more important to emphasize made-up differences that distinguish kratomoids from opioids, depending on which rebel insurgency is holding you captive. For now, mitragynine and its derivatives are all opioids.

Thus spoke scrofula, dictator of diction, definer of fine words, master of meaning, authorized by the almighty ego.

Thing with Kratom is, the powder tastes so bad, and I always mess up the toss and wash method, and end up puking it all out. Used it the last time when I ran out, wasnt looking to quit then just to survive.... So then I bought the pill forms from head shops, and the regular extract was okay and that gold opms stuff made me loopy... Plus if I ever found a method to down 3-5g worth of plant powder without puking, the effects seemed to only last 3 hours. I know it seems to be a life saver to most, maybe someone can suggest a way to consume it. I've mixed it with gatorade/orange juice/ hot water(worst)... but having to put 3g+ of plant in one's body every 3-4 hours seems like it would be a bit hard on one's digestive system.

If I end up relapsing perhaps I'll skirt up to Canada and try this Ibogaine method lol

You have heard of gel-caps? You can buy empty fat ones, and even a cheap plastic tray to hold them open for filling. You can fit a whole gram in the big ones, load like thirty pills at a time with the tray, making only a minor mess.