• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Urgent! Need advice RE: GHB cold turkey

ayemsea

Greenlighter
Well my usually reliable shipment of GHB has been delayed which means I have absolutely no G left until Monday (and even then, it might still be delayed?)

I have been 24/7 dosing G for 3 months now. Experienced GABA withdrawals twice before, so I know how dangerous they can be.

What is your advice?

My options are:

- Go to the hospital and wait for 6 hours in A&E
- Try to ride it out and hope the shipment arrives on Monday
- Use alcohol and diphenhydramine to reduce the WD and then ride it out until Monday

I'm in the process of tapering off my usage but the narcotics service that I went to is kinda slow... I wonder if they're iron today...?

Thanks!

P. S It's been 6 hours since my last dose (2.5ml) and the WD haven't started yet. I've found they usually begun after 9 hours

I would suggest going to the hospital. As you mentioned, it's seriously dangerous and you should be monitored closely by medical professionals. Depending on your dose, it's possible to get a seizure during withdrawal. How much did you use every day (only 2,5ml or multiple doses a day)?
In the hospital they could give you antiepileptics to prevent seizures.

If you decide to ride it out, don't do it on your own. Call a friend or family member to help you. They could get help if you fall unconsious or get delirious. On using alcohol/dph I can't get you any advise and I'm unsure if those would be of use.

, or even PM, I suppose-Sorry yep. or if you can find it, get some phenibut from a head shop, it will stave of the WD best - you could even overnight some from A place? Failing that, hospital.

I am probably taking it far, however sourcing is not allowed, even apparently with OTC products-OP, you can find Phenibut online

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty much what they said.

If you KNEW it were coming Monday, riding it out (hopefully w/ comfort meds) would be a much more viable course of action, or inaction, you get it: however the dependency is bad enough, the ER may be actually help, if you are not a regular. Either way, get to the hospital if things get bad, and find a “sitter “, seriously these things are necessary. Good Luck, Live Long and Prosper

Pretty much what they said.

If you KNEW it were coming Monday, riding it out (hopefully w/ comfort meds) would be a much more viable course of action, or inaction, you get it: however the dependency is bad enough, the ER may be actually help, if you are not a regular. Either way, get to the hospital if things get bad, and find a “sitter “, seriously these things are necessary. Good Luck, Live Long and Prosper
Well I called the narcotics support people and they pretty much said the same thing too (try to just get through the weekend with alcohol and hope it arrives on Monday, but CALL AMBULANCE if things get bad), so I'm self-medicating with yucky vodka and it appears to be working. It's been 18 hours since my last dose of G, and I've not felt any WD yet.

I've been through alcohol/GHB withdrawals twice before, hence why I'm freaking out so much! Thanks for the replies all :)

I feel foolish for allowing myself to get into this situation. I should have made contingency plans for this kind of thing (i.e by having a stockpile of baclofen and benzos, and an 'emergency stash' of G just in case). Well, I learned my lesson here... always have a plan B!!!!

Last edited:
seriously, I don't know if you saw my last post, it got edited for sourcing: Phenibut is the cheapest, longest lasting GABA-B agonist available. it is the only commonly available thing that will sub well.

^ Left everything else intact

Phenibut is perhaps the only non-grey market alternative and relatively “cheap for “ yes

I am surprised a support line suggested ethanol?

Oh well. Be careful again OP, and Cdin, only testing kits for adulterants can be named explicitly sourced

Well, I'm not dead. Hurray! I'm gonna get myself some phenibut. I've tried it before, but it didn't seem as good as G and it was much more expensive

Is there an equivalent dose between pheni and G? like 2g GHB = 10g of phenibut or smt?