• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos making my clonazolam solution weaker?

BussaBussa

Greenlighter
in my possession is 30ml of clonazolam in propylene glycol with a ratio of 3mg per ml. my research requires a much weaker solution so i am looking at ways to make this happen. of course i could just use a very small amount of the solution i have but ideally i would like to just have a weaker solution.

so i ordered a bottle of propylene glycol and some amber glass bottles to store a new solution in. my idea is simply to add more PG to the strong solution i have in order to make it weaker. i will add 60ml of PG to the 30ml i already have in order to create a new solution that is 1mg per ml. first i am wondering if this is the best way to create a weaker solution. it seems to be and i can not think of any other way.

never before have i created my own solution, let alone took a solution and made it weaker. ive done a bit of research and i believe i know how to go about it. the plan is to put my clonazolam and pg solution in a glass jar and then heat it up very gently in a warm water bath. once it is a bit warmed up, i will then pour in the plain propylene glycol. i will leave it in the warm water bath and shake/stir it for a few minutes. once ive done this for a while and am confident that i have a new, weaker uniform solution, i will pour it into the amber glass bottles.

1 - is this the best way to make my clonazolam solution weaker?
2 - if yes, if the way i described the process above the best way to do it?

any and all answers and advice are greatly appreciated!

3mg/mL seems like a pretty ideal strength already.

OK, first, your math is fine, in that adding two more parts diluent to your stock will give you a final 1mg/mL concentration. 60mL liquid + 30mL stock = 90mL @ 1mg/mL.

that would indeed be only a third the strength. If your current container can accommodate the volume, adding diluent directly to the stock would be the way I'd do that.

Open the container that already has stock, and either leave it in there, or carefully pour, into the new one.

It doesn't matter which is in what container first; you could say it's best practice to fuck with stocks as little as possible. Splashing is discouraged, gentle swirling OK.

If it's clonazolam, the 7-nitro-analog of alprazolam, it should be very water soluble and not even hardly need the PG. Don't bother heating anything, and for future reference, small beakers make terrible vessels for water baths. Anything that goes near a water bath needs to be sealed as tight as steam explosions allow. I'd just leave it in a cardboard box on your desk far from cats.

Don't bother shaking either. Just let the combined fluid sit, put a nice cool light slightly below and behind, for illumination of the amber glass, admire it, go off to bed, it will be well-mixed in the morning.

You'd normally want to consider the strengths of the two PG solutions, determine whether that will matter, and match them appropriately. It shouldn't matter here.

ETA: just remembered the nitro group, good for solubility in water, isn't the greatest conferer of potency. But go slow anyway.

thanks, scrofula! that is very helpful..im kinda now considering just leaving the solution as is and simply dosing slightly below .1ml. my plan is to dose 250 micrograms..my fear of having the stronger solution arose because another time i had clonazolam on hand, i did redose a few times while already stoned. i dont remember shit so i have no clue how much more i took..id imagine a weaker solution might protect against redosing heavily...im just trying to be really safe this time..last time i had clonazolam, my wife couldnt find me and then eventually located me walking down a trail in the beings behind our house, shirtless and holding a bb gun that looks like a regular gun...im not trying to get arrested and i recently moved to NC, so im not trying to get shot either

^ Please do not double post. and 1/10th ml, or 10 units (9 units would be 270mcg) would be just fine for dosing

Seriously, you asked, and I answered It. Thanks to Scrofula for adding instructors, that was a good idea

However, it isn’t “very soluble” in water, Scrofula, well depending on what “very soluble “ means- If you have a reference for it somehow obtaining a property it doesn’t inherently have(as a class) please tell me-Clonazolam <.1mg, alprazolam not much better(worse according to some sources) so if it were 10x more soluble it would be less than 1mg. Not to rant, just saying. GotI think your cool in my book(if I had a book) Scrofula- One day you will confirm something that I suspect ;)

OP, please, DO NOT DOUBLE POST, although Am glad if you get any info

I took a look at that big ol' nitro ion and recalled how ions tend to add more water solubility than they taketh; they sure don't increase lipid solubility.

It is an odd functional group, though, since the nitrogen gets a positive charge along with the decentralized negative one on the oxygens. So the net charge is zero--arguably not even an ion at that point, but a zwitterion, and those guys are bitter from getting beat up in middle school, like a common glycine.

Polar enough to play well with water? More so than not having it, was my guess, along with the weird solubility conferred by the triazolo add-on at 1 and 2.

That's all relative for a class of drugs that's famously not water soluble. OP though, had a 3mg/ml solution, or 0.3% by weight, which I wouldn't call too saturated even without the solvent being PG or PEG. A 10x greater solubility of 3% is still one I'd say isn't soluble in a different context. Point is, benzodiazepines are not insoluble, but usually potent, and for volumetric dosing, 1mg/mL to 3mg/mL seems reasonable for unknown potency.

I guess if you wanted to spray it up your nose and it turns out you'd need tens of milligrams, well, golly, you'll have to just drink it like a mammal instead.

Nerdy Stats For (benzo) Wonks:
NSFW:

The problem with these fuckers, for me, is that most nitrogens are titratable--adding more means one of them will ionize eventually (and they're largish molecules, otherwise one charge somewhere would make them freely water soluble).

The catch is all the double bonds resonating around, stabilizing some arrangements over others. Histidine is the amino acid with imidazole as a functional group, and one nitrogen is always protonated and neutral. But the "other one" has a pKa of 6.5, becoming downright acidic; the whole thing is half-charged/half-neutral at normal pH, because it can share it with the nitrogen nearby. That makes it 1,000x more acidic than methaphetamine, and a lot less water soluble (if you ignore the amino acid part).

And then you find out that some not only hydrolyze in acidic conditions, but triazolam has an open-ring equilibrium. Somehow that doesn't seem to increase it's solubility though.

Actual numbers, I'm giving up on. After the classics (and that data is pretty shitty anyway), I'm pretty sure no one actually measures simple pure-water solubility, because they know the answer, and it's too low for injectables. It'll all be proprietary suspensions and co-evaporations with carriers.

For now, I'm stuck with logP, logD, Vol. D, percent bound, and HPLC retention. And guess what? Not good correlations with anything, including each other, and high interpersonal variability.

For this one you have to compare not just 7-NO2 to all else equal 7-Cl, but all else equal to triazolo (and not the same as imidazole like some papers toss them with). I can say that the triazolos are on the bottom of the lipophilicity rankings, and 7-nitro subs also on the lower end, making me predict clonazolam is on the higher end of water solubility.

For pure efficiency in solubility and absorbance, pure PEG200 sounds like the ideal carrier.

^ Well yeah, Clonazepam’s poor lipid solubility is kind of the foundation of its effects-slow—intermediate peak, long duration-Just didn’t get where it would become water soluble-anyway I get it now

Always stood up for glycine rights, they go through enough- actually Clonazepam has like 30%BA when snorted, and a second plasma peak a couple hours later from the drip- Idk bout Clonazolam, although 10’s of mgs, well that just seems crazy