• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Codeine phosphate tablets getting stuck in my throat

Patrickforsterter

Bluelighter
Hi I just signed up to your site i am to use the phase a lurker but i have a question regarding my pain medication as I recently acquired a legitimate prescription for sciatica pain codeine phosphate 30 mg however the tablets seem to be taking forever to kick in even when I chew them they seem to take longer and not be as effective as they should I have cwed cocodomal before so I am used to drinking the liquid codeine extraction which effects me instantly.

I tried dissolving two 30 mg tablets but to my surprise and annoyance they wouldn't seem to dissolve like the cocodomal tablets I should add I used to have a prescription for the very same tablets years ago and never had this problem the few times I did take them I am thinking about trying to dissolve the tablets in water using warmer water and waiting longer next time I want a dose maybe I wasn't patient enough when trying to dissolve them before does anyone know if the UK 30 mg tiny codeine phosphate tablets can be dissolved? , I am just reluctant to try it again and potentially waste more of my tablets.

Have you tried crushing them, then dissolving?

I don't live in the UK, so can't give any specifics on the pills in question, but would suggest that if you do try to use warm water to dissolve them, to then chill it down again before filtering, as warm water may dissolve more of the undesirable stuff.

Not sure if the difference (between "cold" water extraction and "warm" water extraction) is negligible or not, but don't think it is worth risking when it's very simple to just refrigerate the solution before filtering...

no as o said they are pure codeine tablets PURE(it is only codeine) I'm not sure if they can be dissolved and haven't been able to find out that infomation anywhere

Yeah they would dissolve, how else would you do a cold water extraction on the ones with paracetamol?

Because they have a completely different coating they are tiny tablets and I waited 20 minutes and it barely dissolved

are they extended release? perhaps you need to crack that coating?
i'm just guessing, as i've never heard of this with codeine tablets - but i really doubt it would be an 'abuse proof' pill or something like that, because codeine's just not that kind of opiate (can't snort or IV it, so why have a polymer matrix like some types of oxycontin etc).
also, codeine is water soluble, so if you can crush the tablets and add to water, it should dissolve (and be filtered or whatever) just fine, in theory.

if you're going to try busting them open, fold the pill up in some paper, an envelope or a baggy or something so it doesn't shoot all across the room :)

Thanks I actually found that it is impossible to dissolve these tablets in cold water unless crushed like you said sj but warm water in a water bottle with a good shake done the trick perfectly which is very good and I definetly wasn't getting all out of my dose like I said because now I've dissolved them the effects are a lot more noticiceable etc.

I'd like to thank everyone for taking the time to reply.