• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Hi from a Mephedrone fiend

deezed

Greenlighter
So I'm new around here, I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm a 40 something male with a history of drug use going back to my teens. Not crazy heavy usage but mostly just weekend use of class A's mainly acid with the exception of cannabis which I smoked full time daily for 7 years. I would add that I have mental health issues from said cannabis use which led to psychosis. Even years later I have a residual level of paranoia. I fairly recently suffered from quite a bad spate of drug induced psychosis but this time it wasn't cannabis it was crystal meth. I didn't realise what it was doing at first but then I realised it was causing auditory hallucinations that seemed really real. The voices I could hear were coming from neighbours and they were quite critical and persecutory. I had to knock the meth use on the head and I haven't done it for while now because as soon as I have a little the psychosis starts with gusto.

Now I mostly drink for my kicks but I also every so often order Mephedrone off the dark web. I first used mephedrone when it was a legal high and I loved the stuff. I loved the buzz and the way it made me feel. To me it was better than cocaine and MDMA. Then the ban came in and I didn't have any for ages. Then I discovered you could buy decent stuff off the dark web and I was hooked again. Now I get it every couple of weeks or so and I use it in the evenings. My gf notices that I'm a bit starry eyed but I managed to convince her that I'm just a jittery from something that's stressing me out, normally work related stuff. I've been ordering meph now for over a year this way but I know I'll have to give it up soon as my nose is probably going to disintegrate with the amount I put up it! I have a constant running nose even when I'm not using and the stuff makes me paranoid, not real bad like the meth did but certainly enough that I can hear voices talking about me. These voices often turn out to be just background noise of machines like a fan or inaudible people talking in the distance. My brain imprints onto these things and I start hearing the critical voices.

I'm on meds to deal with the psychosis which I take daily. I got prescribed Olanzipine and currently I take 15mg a day.It really helps with the paranoia but I'm aware that my meph use is working against the effects of this anti-psychotic because meph stimulates production of dopamine and Olanzapine blocks dopamine. So that's a bit of battle. I want to get off the meph because I know I can't be on it forever plus if I keep using one day my gf is going to catch me and that would probably be the end of the relationship as she does not take kindly to drug use. So far I've managed to hide it from her but I think she has her suspicions as I always get similar small packets delivered and I always get 'stressed' on the same day.

Well sorry for the long ramble, I just wanted to add, if anyone else has experience with using a lot of mephedrone or experienced drug induced psychosis then please get in touch.