• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Why are there no supervised injection sites in the US?

FlyingDutchman342

Bluelighter
The United States are currently facing a horrible opioid crisis and it doesn't seem to get any better. In 2016, over 64,000 Americans died from overdoses (mostly opioid-related). Supervised injection sites would be a way to reduce the number of deaths and have been very succesful in Europe. If people can't get clean, they should at least stay alive!

In the Netherlands we have 16
Germany has 16
France has 2
Switzerland has 18
Luxembourg has 1

What do you think are the reasons that no such harm reduction facilities exist?

(homeless ------ drug culture)

If there was a way government agencies could make money from instituting programs like this, maybe they would. It's more profitable to keep junkies in the legal system by making them pay fines and court costs. :(

The United States are currently facing a horrible opioid crisis and it doesn't seem to get any better. In 2016, over 64,000 Americans died from overdoses (mostly opioid-related). Supervised injection sites would be a way to reduce the number of deaths and have been very succesful in Europe. If people can't get clean, they should at least stay alive!

In the Netherlands we have 16
Germany has 16
France has 2
Switzerland has 18
Luxembourg has 1

What do you think are the reasons that no such harm reduction facilities exist?

I know right! I was appalled when I found that out!

I don't know how many there are in Canada, but there is one in my city and the population is only 100,000. An even smaller city close to me opened up a site where you can even smoke your drugs! This leads me to believe they are abundant around canada. I just kind of assumed all developed countries would be the same. I guess not.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...-a-north-american-1st-official-says-1.4502598

Because Jesus.

And Republicans.

And screaming insecurity about class status.

It took years of cajoling a bunch of politicians none of which gave a shit about junkies or harm reduction to get them off the ground in Australia and the majority of nay sayers wouldnt be in the drug scene or use themselves but like to think their opinion of "they enable and encourage drug use" is fact.

Police used to nab people going to and from the needle exchanges in Brisbane as one of them is durectly opposite the police headquarters but they dont anymore thanks to protests from the harm reduction community.

There have been many lives saved in injection rooms however I wouldnt use one myself as its not really the right setting for me but many wouldnt have a safe clean place and access to sterile rigs/water.

You're all so right! In my opinion it's irresponsible that the US government still thinks the hardcore "war on drugs" would be capable of saving any lifes. Have a look at what Mr. Trump has to say about solving the drug problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3lK_Znr4wM 8(

I think even the hardline conservatives can't fail to see that harm reduction is a much cheaper option than criminalisation.
By the way, the fact that safe injection facilities are currently illegal is not​ an argument. Many European coutries changed their drug laws to make them possible.

It's not about safety or cost, though, it's about maintaining a slice of the electorate as "immoral". A politician needs to point the finger somewhere, preferably full of broke people with other things on their minds.

A lot of recreatiional drug use is pleasurable and private, and that speaks to Western sex shame and envy. Some people leave the lights on or do it with their left hands, the perverts; just imagine both positions those guys must use like twice a month even.

Those kinksters probably don't even get fucked up from drinking moldy barley juice like us Good Folk, they probably smoke some Oriental plant sap or something, like they're from Frisco or do that Whole Foods. Definitely a moral failing worthy of years of imprisonment.

^ its seems that the finger is being pointed at the minorities selling the heroin to white people. Not the while people using all the heroin. I mean wouldn't you be on heroin if your coal mine got shut down because of elon musk?