Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film Annihilation with Natalie Portman (on Netflix Internationally only)

Rate This Film

• ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • ⭐️⭐️

• ⭐️

• Total voters

CoastTwoCoast

Bluelighter
This film is in theaters, but only on Netflix Internationally so far, not on Netflix U.S.
I watched it last night and got sucked into the story immediately. The Shimmer is a mysterious and beautiful place, yet very dangerous. It was fascinating watching what was discovered inside The Shimmer and why others never returned from it. The ending was satisfying, but still left me guessing.

Has anyone seen it? Please share your thoughts.

This is a gorgeous film and would be much better to watch on the big screen if you're in the states. It would be fantastic even in 3D. After watching it on TV, I regretted not going to the theater to experience it.

Last edited:
Yeah I watched this when it came out on Netflix and wrote about it somewhere around here. I loved the visuals and enjoyed it, though I found parts of the story and narrative a little unsatisfying and think it could have been better. Worth watching though imo.

The relationship between Portman and Issac (sp?) was heavily contrived and I simply fast forwarded thru it. The whole plot seemed vaguely like the Descent, far fetched. There were some good moments. And it all seemed to have some great source material. It kinda sucked though. The dubstep at the end credits made me realize this was some movie you saw on shrooms when you were 17 in high school with nothing better to do on a Friday night.

Fell short, Apocalypse Now this was not. And wasn't Solyaris (the orig).

Hi i watched thia movie afew days ago, really enjoyed it. Kind of bizarre. Some point of the movie I wonder if the 'shimmer' is really code for LSD, and they are all tripping balls later in the movie.
'My hands moving'
'Uuu are trippin'
'Nooo really,my hand is moving '

4/5

Hmmm, never thought about it like a psychedelic trip. I really like that concept though!