Younger generation

BigJJ

Bluelighter
Is it just me or is this young generation against putting in hard work?? I mean, I lifted for yrs before I ever touched an anabolic compound. It seems like every board has young kids STARTING with a cycle like 1 gram Test, 300mg Tren,50mg Dbol(daily) THEN, 3 weeks later saying how they want to ADD a few ius of growth and slin!!!!! I'm 46 and am old school but these are crazy numbers I see on multiple boards. I consider myself a vet with over 20 yrs being off and on gear,GH and slin...BUT I worked up to this after yrs of reading,training(natty) and dialing in my diet :) Am I wrong here?? or just getting old for these younger whipper snappers LOL

JJ

Not all of us, but I would agree that a good number aren't willing to put in real work.

No you're right. I had almost 10 years lifting from 13-23 before I touched gear and that was due to me finding out I had low test. I went all willy nilly and was an idiot for a couple years but started doing it the right way the last two and made great progress. A coach really helps.

beating_a_dead_horse_by_pjperez.jpg

Society is becoming more pussified and entitled, yes. But this generalization gets old. There are still plenty of young guys who put in the work.

A decent example

Vincenzo Masone, 24 years old and already has the muscle maturity and look of a seasoned bodybuilder. The guy works hard.

maxresdefault.jpg

^This dude is 24? His face looks like he's in his 40s.

Society is becoming more pussified and entitled, yes. But this generalization gets old. There are still plenty of young guys who put in the work.

True, and it does really feel good to be the last of a dying breed.

I'm in my early 30s and I've never touched a steroid. All of my gains and bulk are au naturale. Then again I'm a pretty old school type of person. I don't even have social media, fb, ig, etc.

I started lifting in the joint in my teens and I figured since I did pretty good with the powdered milk, fish filets and dried beans, I wouldn't need roids when I got out.

A good protein powder and a good work ethic has served me well. I get asked about my cycles in the gym once in a while, those that ask are usually surprised I've never cycled.

Yeah, very true. I think it's human nature to want things quickly, which is why so many start gear early and use waaaaay too much. But then again, some of those guys are so incredibly determined and driven that they work much harder than anyone else and so benefit from a nice physiological and psychological synergy.

A decent example

Vincenzo Masone, 24 years old and already has the muscle maturity and look of a seasoned bodybuilder. The guy works hard.

maxresdefault.jpg

Yes this guy obviously put in crazy work to get that development...CRAZY work!!!! Great genetics too......

JJ

^This dude is 24? His face looks like he's in his 40s.

True, and it does really feel good to be the last of a dying breed.

I'm in my early 30s and I've never touched a steroid. All of my gains and bulk are au naturale. Then again I'm a pretty old school type of person. I don't even have social media, fb, ig, etc.

I started lifting in the joint in my teens and I figured since I did pretty good with the powdered milk, fish filets and dried beans, I wouldn't need roids when I got out.

A good protein powder and a good work ethic has served me well. I get asked about my cycles in the gym once in a while, those that ask are usually surprised I've never cycled.

Take that as a badge of honor bro!! If people ask you, and ur not on that's a HUGE compliment in my book-good for u bro

JJ

Yeah, very true. I think it's human nature to want things quickly, which is why so many start gear early and use waaaaay too much. But then again, some of those guys are so incredibly determined and driven that they work much harder than anyone else and so benefit from a nice physiological and psychological synergy.

Definitely. Sad to see guys like McCarver though. But he was obviously pushing it way to hard and didn't have the best genetics for the drugs health wise. He seemed to respond pretty well as far as gaining in such a short amount of time.

A guy like heath has the total package. Health, response to drugs, proportions/ability to put on muscle etc.. Before lifting he was like a Coleman type, round muscle bellies and what not.

I'd tend to agree and have had a lot of conversations with older adults who usually tell me I'm very unlike mellenials my age in general.

I think there are a lot of factors that go into this though. Part of it IMO is the fault of our parents generation and a lot of spoon feeding rather than taking hard stances on things.

Another big part is the fact that a lot more is expected of our generation at times and we get a lot more thrown at us in the day-to-day. That pic of the 24 year old is a good example. Back in my parents day you could start a new sport in high school and be okay. Now, they breed kids for performance in sports by starting them at ages 6-7 and by the time they hit high school you have to have several years under your belt at least usually to keep up, especially on club teams.

Just had a convo about this with my parents recently actually. How much did they have to deal with in the day-to-day prior until about 1995-2000? You had a home phone and maybe email. The only people you saw on a regular basis were neighbors or coworkers typically. Now, we have 6 emails, text, Facebook, Instagram (don't overlook these two for importance in business networking too - actually got my last job because of Facebook), linked-in, etc and messages/ads constantly bombarding us.

All of that said, I definitely think our generation has gotten lazy as fuck and honestly I primarily blame the liberal left for the 'participation trophy' mentality and more and more government handouts. However, we deal with way more shit than I personally think the human mind was made to be hit with 24/7 and I'd much rather have lived in my parents generation.

I guess if it says out much I dislike the mentality/ideals/behavior of my generation, I likely won't have kids because of it. Personally I wouldn't want to grow up as a teenager in 2018 and don't really want to subject my kids to it.

I would give anything to go back to age 18, thinking back life was cake. Not a worry in the world.

The same can't be said for the older generation that were forced to go into things like WWII and man up at a very young age.

I personally couldn't care less with how many years of training , proper nutrition someone had before wanting to use gear. I care more about them being educated enough on the gear and how to use it , plus knowing where to get sterile & real gear ! Don't get me wrong , I preach about building a good base and getting as much out of genetics as possible WHILE learning ur body /nutrition and training wise as well as gear use . The thing is ... if someone's mind is set on using gear , 99% of the time you are not going to talk them out of it ! Just how it is ! I see ppl who will comment saying they should wait and telling them they are not ready when thes newbies ask the general questions . I feel this is only going frustrate ppl to the point of them not coming back to that group or forum and possibly just guessing on what to do or getting bad info else where . There is ALOT of bro science and bad info online now a days and there are 1000's of UGL that are easy to find .... those two together could be a bad combo . But there is also a lot of good groups and forums which can be a God send if you just take the time to read , re read ... read again ... THEN use the search function to see if ur question has been asked before (100% of the time it has ) and then if you are still unsure on something or feel maybe newer research has showed us something new or different ... ask !

Anyway, I kinda went a bit over board with this reply but this is just my 2cc on the subject !