• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin after Diazepam - How long to wait?

Kallisti23

Bluelighter
In the name of harm reduction, how long after taking 20mg diazepam do you realistically need to wait before smoking heroin? I know the half-life can be up to 100 hours, but how long would people generally want to leave it to minimise risk? Would smoking even just a small little hit after 6 - 7 hours be in the danger zone? I haven't used benzodiazepines for about a month and a half until today so there shouldn't be a cumulative amount of benzo in my system. I am not completely opposed to just saving the H until tomorrow. Just would be nice to have a little y'know...

Well this is escalating quickly! Yesterday it was kratom and now we're at heroin already! Its hard to say, if you decide to go ahead, make sure to take it slow.

Haha yeah I know it looks bad. I got an unexpected call and left the kratom for another day.

The benzo/heroin combo can be unpredictable and there is no safe point to add the opioid, so be careful. I think you should wait 24h at least, just to make sure the blood-level of diazepam isn't too high...

Hehe

Wait, let’s say(to be safe) 12 hours

Aftet that the Valium is long gone-ignore the T1/2 if you are a healthy young person-Valium is rapidly redistributed to adipose and other tissues

Whay you should be careful of is H by itself; start with a small tester dose for purity, if you are inexperienced

And yes, Benzodiazepines and opioids yields a dangerous combo, luckily a single 20mg dose of wears off pretty quickly, At least 12 hours for the sake of being safe and all

- Seriously, it’s good to be cautious, however you don’t need a day or two from recovering form relatively low dose Valium, all other things equal

Thanks for the replies folks, it confirmed what I suspected anyway. I just ended up doing a small little tester that night and then leaving it until the following day. I?m very wary of the strong-opiate / benzo combo. Better safe than sorry.

I wanted to add, it's also responsible that you chose to smoke H and not shoot it. That way you can slowly get to the desired effect without overdosing, especially if there is the possibility that some diazepam is still active...

You are playing with fire. If we knew a lot more about your physiology and usage, we could help you out, but it sounds like you are relatively naive to Opioids. If I am mistaken, please enlighten me. I have personally witnessed a new Heroin user, who had taken 1mg Clonazepam (Klonopin) sometime around breakfast. Later on in the evening ~10 hours later, he did a .05g Heroin injection and immediately fell to the ground and begun to turn dark blue. We were administering CPR until the bus came. He lived, but it was scary. Food for thought is all I can give you man. Using Benzodiazepines with Opioids can and does kill.

It probably won't kill you. But it could. That's the best you're going to get man. We certainly are not in the business of describing how best to combine deadly substances. We will only tell you not to do something if you should't do it. Please understand. You could have enzyme activity that could lead to a significantly higher metabolic production of Desmethyldiazepam (Nordazepam), meaning that you will be higher, for longer, than most people. You really need to be careful.

You are playing with fire. If we knew a lot more about your physiology and usage, we could help you out, but it sounds like you are relatively naive to Opioids. If I am mistaken, please enlighten me. I have personally witnessed a new Heroin user, who had taken 1mg Clonazepam (Klonopin) sometime around breakfast. Later on in the evening ~10 hours later, he did a .05g Heroin injection and immediately fell to the ground and begun to turn dark blue. We were administering CPR until the bus came. He lived, but it was scary. Food for thought is all I can give you man. Using Benzodiazepines with Opioids can and does kill.

It probably won't kill you. But it could. That's the best you're going to get man. We certainly are not in the business of describing how best to combine deadly substances. We will only tell you not to do something if you should't do it. Please understand. You could have enzyme activity that could lead to a significantly higher metabolic production of Desmethyldiazepam (Nordazepam), meaning that you will be higher, for longer, than most people. You really need to be careful.

I am not opiate naive but tolerance would be relatively low. I have been regularly using codeine for years and although I have used h I am not a regular user. I know about the inherent dangers of combining benzodiazepines and opiates so was more just curious about a tentative timeline for how long to wait after having taken diazepam. I came off a year long benzodiazepine addiction a moth and a half ago and had taken Valium for the first time since so shouldn?t have had any residual diazepam in my body which may bring the half life down a bit. I understand this being a harm reduction site that you could never recommend a dangerous combination like that and appreciate that. As I said I opted to play it safe anyway and wait. Thanks for the advice.

Last edited:
^ A single dose of Valium wears off fairly quickly, and Valium is 1.5-2x as potent as nordazepam, meaning you would need 15-20mg nordazepam to equal
a
mere 10mg Valium. Seriously your safe 12 hours later, 24 with Chronic administration; with really high doses, things may be different . Either way, it's a dangerous combo, though not a combo when it's the next day; Clonazepam would cause trouble longer than Valium or it's partial agonist metabolite, despite the elimination profile(actually the full elimination profile explains things better, though you can research it yourself painstakingly) or take my word for it- I have a frog suit and I am a mod, surely I am right about something so simple?