• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Early Suboxone Withdrawals

Mind-Expansion

Greenlighter
Hey guys,

I've been addicted to Kratom for over a year. As I wasn't able to get off, I got prescribed suboxone at 2 mgs a day 6 weeks ago. I thought it was easier to manage because of the long half life, which was true at first, but now I've got the same problem. I've been dosing 1 mg in the morning and 1 mg at night with 12 hours in between. I was in a consistant mood the first few weeks but now I only feel good for a few hours and at hour 10 I can already feel the withdrawals. How's that possible? How could I develop a tolerance so fast?

This happened to me as well, but I usually just let myself feel a little crappy and take another very small dose in the evening - .25
i think some people just metabolize faster. Also I never felt particularly good, just well, and not sick. Does the split dose help? Maybe bump it up 2 hours since you’ll be sleeping the second half of it?

This happened to me as well, but I usually just let myself feel a little crappy and take another very small dose in the evening - .25
i think some people just metabolize faster. Also I never felt particularly good, just well, and not sick. Does the split dose help? Maybe bump it up 2 hours since you’ll be sleeping the second half of it?

A few days ago I tried taking the 2 mgs at once in the morning. The withdrawals woke me up at 3 o'clock and I couldn't fall asleep again. If I did the second dose 2 hours earlier, I'll probably wake up 2 hours earlier..

might not be bad idea to start a taper and tuff out the pain. there are things you can do to help with the WDs and some comfort meds you can take. I"m not completely familiar with this but I know Toothpastedog is pretty well knowledgeable on detoxing off opiates as painless as possible.

You really don't want to go down the road to continually increasing you dose. ive had friends who was prescribed so many oxies every month that he sold half was was still catching nods all the time.

might not be bad idea to start a taper and tuff out the pain. there are things you can do to help with the WDs and some comfort meds you can take. I"m not completely familiar with this but I know Toothpastedog is pretty well knowledgeable on detoxing off opiates as painless as possible.

You really don't want to go down the road to continually increasing you dose. ive had friends who was prescribed so many oxies every month that he sold half was was still catching nods all the time.

Thanks for the info.

I just don't get why I get withdrawals so early? Doesn't it have such a long half life?

I'm still on the same dose but the withdrawals are getting worse. I'm also getting stomach cramps, I'm tired all day and my libido is completely gone. Suboxone was a bad idea.

I plan on switching back to Kratom and taper down on that. Do you have any advice? How could I make the transition easier? Imodium? Clonidine?

it sucks and is difficult to get off if sub. 2mg believe it or not isn't a small dose. I know ppl still tapering in micrograms. I don't know know much about Keaton, drank a few times but no benefit. Take as little of sub as possible, taper slowly but don't increase, it takes a couple weeks to get your body adjusted to the knew dose and get all your OTC s