• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Phenazepam Equivalency to Diazepam

Phenpsycho

Bluelighter
Most English charts online note phenazepam as being 10x more potent than diazepam, so that taking 1 mg of it will cling to your GABA-a receptors as strongly as 10 mg of d-pam. It's hard to say based on subjective effects whether this conversion is accurate because of phenazepams subtle nature, but the big 5 effects(sedation, muscle relaxation, anxiolysis, anti-convulsion and amnesia) don't feel as prominent at 1 mg as any one of them would if you had taken 10 mg of diazepam. I've asked several people about this who have one form or another of an Rx benzo to substitute their Rx dosage with a dose of phenazepam if they get the chance and the ones who did said that the supposedly equivalent dosage of phenazepam wasn't holding them over(they ingested Russian tablets in blisters and not powder).

I've read elsewhere at some point(i'll have to do some digging as I can't recall the link atm) that Russian literature actually states it to be 5x more potent than diazepam which would align more with my own experiences of the chemical. A 1 mg tablet of phenazepam seems equipotent to a measly 5 mg of diazepam in relieving stress and slowing down the mind without the muscle relaxation and sedation of the latter. For full relief of strong psychic tension 5 mg of phenazepam seems necessary while 20-25 mg of diazepam would do the trick, so it may be slightly weaker than 5x as potent as diazepam.

Does anyone have experience with the Russian tablets of phenazepam(not the powder) where they can compare the strength between this benzo and the others? Especially diazepam. It could also be the case that the potential 4-hour come up with phenazepam makes it seem weaker than diazepam because it creeps up on you so slowly and gently. Clonazepam has a rather long come-up also though and once it hits it feels as strongly as it should at whatever dosage you've ingested and hits you pretty heavily.

I've been trying to find a conclusive answer for this question for awhile now and I can't seem to get any straightforward answers :\

I can tell you that it's supplied in the 0.5-2.5mg dosage range, for IM and 1mg for IV, putting it around 5-10x diazepam potency. Oh, and it's active metabolite is basically lorazepam.

Your liver sticks a 3-OH on it to give nor-phenazepam. Swap a 7-Br for a 7-Cl (chemically as close as you can get there) and you have plain ol' Ativan.

I feel like if there was anything special about that substitution, surely the Soviets or my former corporate masters would have been all on it.

Anyway, I'd start with the package insert dosage of 1mg before moving up, keeping in mind the people into "exotic" benzos probably keep giant tanks of pure benzessence in which they must remain suspended at all times. It is the sacrifice they make for being able to fold space.

Last edited: