• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos IV midazolam/Versed. Anyone with experience?

Chris42393

Bluelighter
Hello all, I have approx. 7.5mg of Versed, in IV form. Anyone have experience with IV versed? How was the high? I cant find much on it. Im not planning on using it all at once. Maybe like 3-3.5mg at a time, i dont want to be too tired. I usually just play some games when im "using" (whatever it may be). Im just looking for a euphoric good time and just relax.

I will say there are experienced people, but you'll likely be waiting a bit for a response so don't be surprised if it takes a bit to learn anything.

Isn't that midazolam? The pre-anesthesia anesthesia? The "twilight sleep" you get during a colonoscopy? Even our ambassador of good cheer, Mr. Tacodude, seems blase about it, and he loves colonscopies.

Nothing about it sounds much like fun. It has a slow onset, even IV, so don't expect any kind of rush that way. It has a pretty variable duration of effect, that could be as short as an hour. Lots of people have had it before, but you don't hear many of them talk excitedly about this new stuff at the dentist, most of them seem to prefer good ol' nitrous.

Max dose for healthy adults is 2.5mg by IV, slow, over 2 minutes, and I'm not sure if that's with or without intubation, so if you do want to try this for some reason, start with 1mg and have some sober person around for the next six hours. Maybe they can pull a tooth for you or stick a webcam up your butt.

Oh that would be a pain to do a slow infusion.... I wouldn't even bother if that was necessary. Would doing a fast injection ruin it?

After my c-lam solution of 75 mg I injected a lot of made me black or for 4 days I don't really fuck with benzos besides that one time.

Route
Onset of Action
Peak Effect
Duration of Action
IV
1-2 minutes​
3-5 minutes​
15min. - 6hours​
IM​
5-15 minutes​
15-60 minutes​
2-6 hours​
Oral​
< 10 minutes​
30 minutes​
2-6 hours​

Seeing as it's main effects are said to last between 15mins and 6 hours, I can't really recommend this one for recreational purposes, not that's what we're here for anyways.

As the other's have said, keep a buddy nearby if it's use is a foregone conclusion.

https://sedationcertification.com/resources/sedation-medications/benzodiazepines/midazolam-versed/

I've been given IV Versed on at least 12 occasions for nerve burnings, epidurals and to calm me before surgeries. I have a high tolerance to my pain meds but low tolerance to benzos (2mgs of klonopin a day).

I thought Versed rocked and if I ever wanted to stick a needle in me it would be for Fentanyl and Versed. It messed me up pretty bad at 1mg and kind of lingered for a few hours. I highly enjoyed it.

Hey Chronicpain54, not sure if there's a question in there but:

Fent + IV benzos is one ballsy aspiration, those two especially. We were expressing caution for the Versed alone with OP-Chris, but throw the Fent in and you have about the same chances winning the lottery as walking away from a regular habit of that. In a twilight sedation setting you have several people and Pulse-Ox monitors with bells and whistles, Crash-Carts, most everything the practicing Home Twilight sedation aficionado lacks. I strongly caution you on this particular combo and suggest more research and the company of a quick thinking, responsible friend with a charged cell phone at the time of use.

Ive had it before surgeries several times and one time during a back surgery (combined with fent) in which i remained awake.

IV midazolam is pretty good, very euphoric but not physically euphoric like opioids, more like a wasted drunk euphoria but very clean feeling compared to alcohol. Lots of memory loss too.

combining with opioids without an anethesiologist there with you is likely to lead to death

Jekyl he was saying he got the combo in the hospital under observation, which obviously is the only way it should be done.

The package insert discusses dosage for intubated patients. So often IV drug users forget to plug in their heart/lung machines before shooting up.

Anyway, ask yourself if hospital staff would use a drug to sedate screaming children before surgery if it made them giddy and high.

Actually, it reminds me of passing through the post-operative areas in the children's hospital I did a very quick internship in, the area where they like hold them while putting on the makeup before the parents can come in. The look in a kid's face as he comes to, this slow building lower-lip tremble, hyperventilating pre-scream "the fuck did you DO TO ME!?" always cracked me up.

Keep in mind it's because the rest of the rounds were full of the pre-sedation versions.

I've been given IV Versed on at least 12 occasions for nerve burnings, epidurals and to calm me before surgeries. I have a high tolerance to my pain meds but low tolerance to benzos (2mgs of klonopin a day).

I thought Versed rocked and if I ever wanted to stick a needle in me it would be for Fentanyl and Versed. It messed me up pretty bad at 1mg and kind of lingered for a few hours. I highly enjoyed it.

Jekyl he was saying he got the combo in the hospital under observation, which obviously is the only way it should be done.

Ah,, no he wasn't. I was talking to the 2nd guy. Not Chris or Lucid Drmr. Assuming the "if I ever wanted to stick a needle in me" as in doing it yourself vs a nurse.

I guess I missed that, but it could also just be a funny way of saying if he wanted to get anything in the hospital iv it would be that. Again obviously no one should try that alone and I'm guessing someone experienced like them with in patient anesthesia treatment shouldn't need to be told that I'd hope.

Those aren't exclusive--it's anesthesia, and the road to your induced coma, requiring machines to keep you breathing, should be mild and uneventful.

Like a flight from SFO to DFW. Boring, not very long, a little uncomfortable at times, pay no attention to the two bus-sized engines hurtling you at 600mph through the air, five miles above the Earth; only a loose bolt away from you and maybe your immediate family, plunging toward Nevada, taking just long enough to have a full suite of reactions to your imminent demise, enough time to reflect, and regret.

Routine stuff.

Sorry for not being more specific. I was given Fentanyl and versed together Before the procedures that my doctor performed on me. I've never even considered sticking a needle in any part of my body but what I was saying is that if I did, it would definitely be for the combination of Fentanyl and versed that my anesthesiologist Used on me before the procedures.

I guess I missed that, but it could also just be a funny way of saying if he wanted to get anything in the hospital iv it would be that. Again obviously no one should try that alone and I'm guessing someone experienced like them with in patient anesthesia treatment shouldn't need to be told that I'd hope.

Thank You for clearing that up CP54. A point goes to Tacodude and his intuition for picking up on that.

The package insert discusses dosage for intubated patients. So often IV drug users forget to plug in their heart/lung machines before shooting up.

Anyway, ask yourself if hospital staff would use a drug to sedate screaming children before surgery if it made them giddy and high.

Actually, it reminds me of passing through the post-operative areas in the children's hospital I did a very quick internship in, the area where they like hold them while putting on the makeup before the parents can come in. The look in a kid's face as he comes to, this slow building lower-lip tremble, hyperventilating pre-scream "the fuck did you DO TO ME!?" always cracked me up.

Keep in mind it's because the rest of the rounds were full of the pre-sedation versions.

You expect way too much- Come on, it’s not like this is used to knock you out for surgery ???

Do the people saying it would be garbage have any experience with it?

its nowhere as good as shooting any type of opiate including euphoric-less fentanyl...but its not that bad.