• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Gabapentin (4800mg) + Weed - .....WHOA...

redeyezero

Greenlighter
Ok, so to start this report off, I have used Gabapentin before quite a few times. Mostly just experimenting to find the right recreational dose. I smoke weed daily as well.

Anyway, last night around 7pm, I took 2 Aleve, as I've heard it helps potentiate Gaba absorption, along with 2 600mg Gaba's. I've also read it's good to spread your doses out, as only a certain amount can be absorbed into the body at at time. I downed it with some Mountain Dew as well. I took 2 more 600mg Gaba's at 7:15, followed by 2 more every 15 mins until I reach 4800mg. I hadn't eaten anything but an egg roll all day so I was also on an empty stomach. Around 8pm I decided to roll up and smoke with my gf. We smoked about 1 gram of weed, which is a pretty potent batch of Strawberry Cough, and the gabapentin are just starting to kick in.

I'm sitting at my computer having a conversation with my gf who is sitting on the bed next to me. We are talking and laughing and having a good time, and all of a sudden I start feeling super dizzy and drunk feeling. I know what Gaba's feel like so I'm not worried, but this is stronger than usual. I had also used 4800mg of Gaba the night before, but took all 8 600mg tablets at the same time and never got near this point. So around 8:30 I decided I want to play a PC game. I start it up, my vision is starting to get distorted. I feel like my eyes are crossed, I'm seeing double. I shake it off and continue to try to play my PC game. A few minutes later I feel my face getting warmer and my heart is starting to beat pretty fast and hard. I start getting pains in my chest and my heart is racing. I try to fight through it, but I don't think I can. I get up from the computer and go over to the bed with my gf, who is on the phone with her friend, and pick up a small trash can that is sitting next to the night stand and up comes the Mountain Dew. Very nauseaus for 20-30 mins. I decide to lay down for a few minutes. I was staring at the ceiling and I could see the tiles on the ceiling waving and moving. Very euphoric at this point. Everything is moving on it's on and looks like it's flowing in the wind. I took a short nap as I was trying to get the nausea to go away. Woke up and here I am, at 2:47am writing this.

I'm sure the nausea was influenced, if not caused by taking them on an empty stomach. Probably need to eat a small meal along with the first dose.

There are a few things I'll mention here.

The weed that I have, I've noticed makes my heart race when I smoke it and sometimes that makes me anxious. I have a family history of heart problems and I think too deep sometimes lol. I've researched Gabapentin extensively (as I do all recreational drugs I've tried), and haven't read anything about Gaba affecting heart rate. Not sure what the deal was. Maybe empty stomach mixed with a little more anxiety than usual? Not sure. But wanted to share my story with others and maybe get some thoughts.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_marijuana
substancecode_cannabis
substancecode_gabapentin
substancecode_gabapentinoids
_combo_
explevel_experienced
exptype_negative
exptype_bodyload
exptype_difficult
roacode_oral
roacode_smoked