• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

is it worth it?

5 days sober is 5 days sober so you are doing it. Yes its worth it. I've been off it for 2 years, I don't miss being dopesick. It takes a few months to get better but you do.

That's great man, keep up the good work. You're almost at a milestone!!!

guess whose 14 days sober :)
I love to read about such stories ! Make a full success of it !
I know well how hard it is but I also know that it is worth to quit H. All the troubles for nothing, not even a good feeling like in the beginning after short time. Just consume to keep systems working ...
Wish you all the best, keep on being sober !
Cheers

[edit] Your nick remembers me at music. Lost Angeles from Colosseum. Great music imho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctzpnaLlGOs

thank you all for your kind words ..they mean too much ..i am currently at day 17 and if i can get to day 20 i beat the record of being sober the longest ever since i first did H back in 2015 ..craazyy huh?

I just wanted to come in and say both congratulations and to answer the question in the title you chose: it is very much worth it. No one deserves to be owned by addiction to anything. You will spend your whole life refining the relationship you have with your desires--that's living a human life. But being engaged in the relationship is very different from being a slave to addiction.

thank you ...your kind words mean a lot...believe it or not Bluelight and my older brother are my only support group....and by the way ..today is day 20 :)

I'm glad you've got your brother. I think having someone that knows you really well, and loves you, can be a great source of support. And I feel really good about Bluelight being a source of support too--I love the kind hearts that find their way here and are willing to help others out no matter what they are going through themselves.<3

thank you ...your kind words mean a lot...believe it or not Bluelight and my older brother are my only support group....and by the way ..today is day 20 :)

Congrats man, everyday is a victory.

Glad to hear it.