• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Impending Doom

U

Unregisteredd

You only have one life you deserve a happy ending...
Thats easier said then done.
I feel for you, you are not alone, you will not be the first and you wont be the last. We are all lost. And we are all looking for that happy ending. Not alot of spouses know how to show what they feel in the way they really mean it. In my experience sometimes when people get heated its usually because they are hurt and want to find ways to make you hurt just as bad as they hurt inside..
But life is bitter sweet and the grass isnt always greener on the other side..

You're not alone in feeling the impending doom, kind of hard not to think about it when you flip to the news and everything is just so horrible, but people out there are noticing and trying to make a difference in how crappy the world is. I have an impending doom feeling, but it comes when I think about the death of my children or myself, I know life will continue even when that happens, but it's still a really, really hard pill to swallow. We can either overthink it and torture ourselves or live each day like we won't be here tomorrow and make the small changes we want to see in the world. Maybe life does in fact have a butterfly effect, maybe if we all make small consistent change, future generations won't feel the same way..How you view life is truly all about personal perception, focus on all the good, not the bad, you'll be happier and ignorance truly IS bliss.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually joke about feelings of impending doom with my family. It's a common question on questionnaires "do you have feelings of impending doom?" to judge your anxiety level. I always say yes and they ask why and I say that eventually something terrible happens even if it's a flat tire or losing your keys. So when I describe a panic attack I say something like, "I have to lay down I'm having feelings of impending doom".

Happy endings are usually a myth but happy moments happen all the time.

^I'll second that. Life is a journey, not a destination.