• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2018 March Madness Discussion (Contest Registration Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mal3volent

Bluelight Crew
EgTD8xG.png

WELCOME TO THE 2018 NCAA TOURNAMENT BRACKET CHALLENGE !

Click below to join the Bluelight2018 group on ESPN.

Password: "bluelight2018"
Max Entries: 3

Selection Sunday is this Sunday, March 11. You will not be able to fill out your bracket(s) until then. You can, however, register your name and join the group right now. The deadline for all entries is Thursday, March 15. Scoring rules are outlined below.

HOW TO PLAY.

a. General.
The objective of the Promotion is to accumulate the most points by correctly selecting the "winning pick" for each of the sixty-three (63) match-ups associated with the Tournament.

b. How to make your selections.
You may enter your selections online by following the instructions in the How to Play section of the game.

c. Scoring.
A correct pick in a given round is shown below:

• Round 2: 10 points per pick
  • Round 3: 20 points per pick
  • Round 4: 40 points per pick
  • Round 5: 80 points per pick
  • Round 6: 160 points per pick
  • Championship: 320 points per pick

In the event a Tournament match does not occur as scheduled (e.g., due to cancellation) no points will be awarded.

d. Lock-time.
All picks will lock at the scheduled tip off time of the Tournament currently scheduled for Thursday, March 15, 2018.
Your picks for the matchups must be submitted, received and recorded by Sponsor's computer by the scheduled locktime. Selections submitted after the deadline are considered invalid. Sponsor's computer is the official time-keeping device for this Promotion.

e. Ties.
Entrants may, but are not required to, submit a predicted score for the championship game (the "Tiebreaker Game Score"). This prediction is used for tiebreaker purposes only. If no predicted score is submitted for an entry, it is given a default prediction of zero (0) points to zero (0) points.

The winner will receive a custom title and the glory of being the Bluelight Bracket Challenge Champion!

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Big weekend in college basketball leading up to the national tournament. Lots of conference semifinals and finals today. Collin Sexton and a surging Alabama will be going up against Kentucky at 1PM eastern. The winner of that game will face either Tennessee or Arkansas tomorrow in the SEC championship game. West Virginia and Kansas will meet in the Big 12 final at 6PM eastern. Right after, the defending national champs North Carolina will look to upset #1 Virginia in the ACC.

Just a reminder...you can register now for the contest then fill out your bracket later. Selection Sunday is tomorrow. ESPN will be airing a marathon of bracketology centered programming starting Monday at 6 eastern.

Also...if you are able, I would recommend downloading the ESPN Tournament Central app. It makes the whole process much easier and it has a ton of features you can't find elsewhere.

Last edited:
cool, lets see Kentucky win this year! xD

cool, lets see Kentucky win this year! xD

Im definitely making a Kentucky bracket, like I do every year.

Unfortunately they got fucked again. Should have been a 4 seed. If you look at the other 5 seeds path compared to ours, it's absurd. We have 3 conference tournament winners in our way (meaning 3 teams who are playing their best right now). Arizona has the best player in the country. Virginia is the best of the one seeds, by far. Just to recap:

UK vs.
Davidson (BPI gives them a 43% chance to upset...not a good matchup for UK)
Arizona (#1 preseason, underseeded, led by future NBA all-star)
Virginia (#1 overall, historic defense opp. PPG 53.4)

And we play in Boise. Fucking Boise! It's a joke.

but that's why I made it 3 brackets this year.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, 10 loss (including one loss to Wofford at home) UNC gets a 2 seed in CHARLOTTE. Hahaha. Wow.

Don't forget you can make up to three brackets. Increase your odds of winning.
also, you can rename your brackets instead of them just being random letters and numbers.

Last edited:
I don't know how far to take Arizona. I think Arizona is the darling team this year among all the analysts because of the Sean Miller thing and DeAndre Ayton. Yes, Ayton is a fucking superstar. But he's one guy. ESPN is pushing the team hard, beating UVA, final four, final, national championship winners? Really?

I think people forget they lost to

NC State (these same analysts have NCSU losing to Seton Hall)
SMU, Colorado, Washington, Oregon (not even in tournament)

They barely beat

A&M and Alabama, (two SEC teams these same analysts have losing in the first round to Vtech and Providence)

Those are their only good wins.

They played exactly one ranked team all year: Purdue. The result? Purdue by 25 at Arizona.

They could beat Kentucky. I'm not sure we have a way to neutralize Ayton like we did Sexton and Yante Maten in the SEC tournament. But I don't see any way they could beat Virginia. You don't beat Virginia unless you have a big, intimidating, mature, aggressive offense (WVU). Or killer shooting from the perimeter (VTech).

Arizona is not in the top 50 for 3PFG or offensive rebounding. They are 41st in PPG and 51st in 3PFG efficiency against a weak PAC 12.

my brain is fucked lol.

edit: all that being said...Deandre Hunter is now out for the entire tournament. That hurts UVA big time. That might even the odds for Arizona/Kentucky.

Last edited:
Damn...UNCG was so close! That's good for Gonzaga though, to have such a battle in your first game and persevere.

D's, the left side of your bracket has me cracking up. Lipscomb and Georgia State in the elite 8 8(=D. That's hilarious man.

I didn't pick many upsets. I really don't follow college ball outside of catching Alabama when there on tv. Bama has a lottery pick in Collin Sexton we go as far as he carries us

I didn't pick many upsets. I really don't follow college ball outside of catching Alabama when there on tv. Bama has a lottery pick in Collin Sexton we go as far as he carries us

Unless we see each other in the championship game I'll be behind Sexton all the way...he reminds me of De'aaron Fox with his quickness. Love his grit and determination. SEC gets so disrespected by everyone.

I am clueless when it comes to college basketball, so to be honest I picked teams with the cutest mascot and prettiest colors.lol

As usual, my skepticism of the Pac 12 was justified this year. The Bonnies beat UCLA, Syracuse beat ASU, and Buffalo fucking ran over Arizona.

D's, I can't argue with that. What's cuter than this?

LUBison.jpg

I thought the mascot was one of those 'anti-bully' mascots to raise awareness on bullying that goes on at universities.

hey atleast Alabama and Kentucky both won their games!

You have to think UK will be prepared for Buffalo having just beat a very similar Davidson team. Of course the entire universe will be wanting Buffalo to continue their wild ride, so I will probably have to watch on mute.

Alabama won a tough one. I feel we can give the 1 seed a game if Sexton scores 30

You got this bama!

SEC was 4-0 yesterday. ACC? 1-3.

Last edited:
welp UMBC made history in beating Virgina. way to go fellers!

Status
Not open for further replies.