• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2018 March Madness Discussion (Contest Registration Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ congrats. Maybe you guys can stop Duke from winning again.

yeah D's. Seems like the universe always finds the most disappointing way for our season to end. I always expect everyone else to have the class UK has after a win, but that's not how it is. ESPN took their shots, every wannabe blogger took their shots. It doesn't bother me personally, I just always hate it for the players. The 18 year old players, who are now faced with the dilemma of staying or going and how that could affect their future. And not getting the love or respect from so called fans who don't realize the blood and sweat what they do takes.

but a month ago when everyone was saying this team might not even make the tournament, a sweet sixteen exit might have sounded pretty nice. Of course no one will look at it that way. Cal has taken 7 of his 9 teams to the round of sixteen or further. That's pretty damn impressive if you ask me.

^ Yeah, same thing with FSU. I'm so glad they won after all the shade that was being thrown their way by the commentators before and during the game. I hope they're enjoying their nice big helping of crow.

Just like the fake news story of Kentucky running off the court not shaking hands. ESPN peddled it. Segment on First Take. The KSU players and coach peddled it. Then 24 hours later, oh would you look at that...photos of UKs players in a line shaking KSUs coaching staffs hands as KSU players celebrate. How about that...

Some teams just can't act as if they've won a big game before. I guess it just gets to them.

I'm somehow leading or bracket challenge which is shocking to me because I don't like college bball

Yeah you are in the lead right now. If Kansas beats Duke tomorrow night, you will probably lock it up there. If Kansas loses it will probably knock you out because you have them winning the whole thing (in that bracket). My bracket that's still alive needs Villanova to win. "Bluelighthomo" whoever that is (Jah) doesn't have a chance because UNC already lost. Their PPR is too low.

Basically, all the brackets besides cj3, mal3_3, and mal3_2 are dead. If Kansas and Villanova lose this weekend, it will all get a little fuck-y.

Looking now, I think the only possible way you can lose is if

Michigan and Kansas lose in the final four

and

Villanova wins the championship

that could happen, but you're looking pretty good right now lol. Regardless, you got 3/4 of the final four. That's pretty impressive especially this year.

I have to admit, I'm going to enjoy the final four much more now that I know Duke can't win.

As far as who I want to see in the championship...Loyola Chicago vs. Kansas would probably be the most competitive. It would be the ultimate underdog storyline. Mid-major vs blue blood.

looks like Villanova. and Michigan are going to the Championship

I have to admit, I'm going to enjoy the final four much more now that I know Duke can't win.

As far as who I want to see in the championship...Loyola Chicago vs. Kansas would probably be the most competitive. It would be the ultimate underdog storyline. Mid-major vs blue blood.

lol ^ so much for that

it was impressive to watch Villanova work last night. Everyone has known about their offensive efficiency all year, but it's still shocking to see it on such a big stage.

The final four overall though was not that great this year. I feel like KU and Loyola were two teams that had been over performing all year and it caught up with them. They were trying their best to sell the title game Monday night, but there's no reason to think it won't be another blowout at this point.

by the way...if nova wins, I win. If they lose, cj wins.

The LA Galaxy/LAFC match was much more competitive and entertaining.

Villanova really dominated this year. It actually was a pretty satisfying end to such a crazy, unpredictable tournament. They are a super classy organization as well.

Kind of of a bummer I won my own thread, but I'll take it. CJ you really did a great job. You went 3/4 in the final four.

Thank you to everyone that took the time to sign up and make a bracket. It's always fun for me. Hope you all had fun as well.

Now for all the "will he stay or will he go" s. NBA draft in June.

State Farm Champion's Classic 2018
Indianapolis, Indiana
November 6

Duke vs Kentucky
Michigan State vs. Kansas

Should be fun.

Ratings for this Final Four were the worst in several years. The tournament was pretty much ruined by the seeding. How about actually creating a formula so schools will know how they're being graded? We can't just keep having this clusterfuck of a selection process, which is basically a bunch of dudes sitting in a room picking who they want then coming up with a rationale.

Status
Not open for further replies.