• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2018 March Madness Discussion (Contest Registration Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you guys think happened? It's like UVA gave up half way through the second half. Didn't seem to be any sense of urgency on the floor or on the bench. Tony Bennett didn't seem all that concerned. If Cal was in that situation he would have been bouncing off the walls yelling, emptying the bench, etc. He'd put his wife and the Gatorade boy in if he thought they'd play with some heart.

This really puts UK in an awkward position. Buffalo today, not Arizona. Get through Buffalo, you're playing either Kansas State or UMBC in the sweet sixteen. They are going to have to play their asses off, because all three of those teams are going to have the wind at their backs.

Last edited:
Yeah I think Kentucky gets bounced in the round of 16. Tennessee is the best sec squad. Sexton is going to need the game of his life today against Villanova. But I'm hoping roll tide!

Are you saying UMBC or KSU beats Kentucky? The potential UK Tennessee matchup wouldn't be until the elite 8. Tennessee won two of the three this year against UK, but lost the most important one: the most recent.

Alabama has a good shot, I think. They really played well against Virginia Tech. Sexton got his 25, but Petty got 20 and they had four others score 8, 9, or 10. They can beat anyone if Sexton gets that kind of help.

Last edited:
Man, I am so pissed I fell asleep instead of meeting friends out for the UB vs 'zona game

This city eats that shit up.

Gonna be a fun night win or lose.

looks like buffalo got blown out , way to go Kentucky !

Historically, it has never been a good idea to trash talk Cal or one of his teams. Guess Buffalo had to learn that the hard way. Diallo was fucking electric out there. SGA and Knox have carried the team this season as far as points, but Hami is the guy the whole team follows. I don't want to say the words out loud, but if he continues to bring that attitude and intensity...

I feel bad for Alabama though. Villanova is so damn efficient. Good season, cj... I look forward to watching Sexton in the NBA next year.

Here are today's games:

aF5UWCX.jpg

should be another crazy day

Auburn got curbstomped which is surprising. I thought 16 umbc was going to the 16 until they came apart in the last 2 minutes

Auburn was an enigma to me all season. I'm surprised and not surprised they lost.

This is by far the craziest and most mad March Madness in recent memory. The left side of the bracket is so fucked up lol.

emmeAfg.jpg

Last edited:
A&M looked scary last night against UNC. They looked like the team everyone thought they were going to be in the preseason. I wouldn't be surprised if they beat Michigan and Gonzaga.

Not a good night last night for the city of Cincinnati with both teams losing to the underdog. Glad my Florida State Seminoles rallied to beat first ranked Xavier though. I didn't expect them to win based on the ass kicking they received from Xavier last year and I thought they had less individual talent this year than last. I'll be watching the game against Gonzaga tomorrow for sure.

Everybody repick your Elite 8 and Final Four now that everything's all fucked up. The original brackets still count, this is just for fun.

Kentucky
Loyola Chicago
Gonzaga
Texas A&M
Villanova
Texas Tech
Kansas
Duke

Kentucky
Texas A&M
Villanova
Duke

Kentucky
Loyola Chicago
Villanova
Texas Tech
Florida State
Texas A&M
Kansas
Duke

Loyola Chicago
Villanova
Texas A&M
Duke

Ah man...you got Loyola betting UK? That sucks...but it could happen.

im kinda hoping someone beats Villanova because I'd hate for us to get that far then have to play them.

Ah man...you got Loyola betting UK? That sucks...but it could happen.

im kinda hoping someone beats Villanova because I'd hate for us to get that far then have to play them.
It's a tough call, but Kentucky doesn't have Sister Jean =D
qo9354.png

It's also a tough call between Florida State and Gonzaga. I had FSU getting to the Elite Eight and losing there in my own original bracket. It'll be an exciting game if the game against Xavier was any indication.

Yeah, Gonzaga is one of those teams that can beat anyone or lose to anyone.

Yeah, Gonzaga is one of those teams that can beat anyone or lose to anyone.
Yeah, so is FSU. Had I been watching the game anywhere else other than home I probably would have left early but being at home I had nothing to lose by sticking it out to the end. I would have never predicted the final outcome.

WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!! Damn proud to be a Seminole!!! Goin' to the Elite Eight!!!

Florida_State_Seminoles_old_logo.svg

Status
Not open for further replies.