• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

So what does 84% pure MDMA salt actually mean?

Ionized

Bluelighter
To the chemistry experts out there:
So when they say 84% pure MDMA salt does it mean that 84% of it is MDMA? Then what is the other 16%?

I'm no chemistry whiz but I believe what it means is that MDMA existing as MDMA hydrochloride can only ever be 84% pure because the other 16% is the HCL, which is not exactly an impurity so you may treat that as 100% pure MDMA in terms of adulterants.

Not sure how this stupid thing started but look at it this way..

As Cotcha said the other 16% is the HCl and I've heard people go as far to say if it was a 100% pure it'd be an oil. People trying to grasp concepts they don't understand.

As a freebase MDMA is indeed an oil (hence the term "honey" and the subsequent "hive") but when turned into a salt form it becomes a different substance. MDMA Freebase and MDMA HCl are two different compounds.

You can indeed have 99.9% pure MDMA HCl. My assumption is the Dutch vendors rain wild with this because then they can produce sub par product and if it gets lab tested someone naive may think "well 84% is the purest it can be so.."

With that said a few testing labs do the whole 84% thing which only confuses people more.

-GC

84 percent MDMA is simply angood way to tell that whoever you're speaking to has no clue what they are talking about.

There is a book called chemical cowboys where this myth is disclosed. I don't know if its how it started but it's an old book.

The book is awful...it's about about the MDMA scene in the 90s. It sounds like it was written by a Sunday school teacher

Im no chemist but my idea is 84 percent mdma and the 16 percent is just the physical crystal material that the mdma is within.

The soul(mdma) inside the body(crystalline salt structure)

Mdma in a so called 100 percent form(soul with out a body) maybe would not work vs 84 percent mdma crystal form(soul WITH a body)

Just my theory, maybe im wrong but this is what i think.

^^Im not trying to be a dick but this is very wrong. Chemistry is a science, not a spiritual feeling we have.

This kind of highlights the problem right here, people with no comprehension on chemistry trying to apply their knowledge to the little they do understand.

Again MDMA Freebase and MDMA HCl are two different substances and both can be 99.99% pure. This "100% mdma" with a "soul" would be a freebase MDMA which is an oil at room temp but is still active. It's just caustic so would burn your tongue and mouth, but would still turn to MDMA HCl in your stomach acid and active all the same.

-GC

Eactly what i mean. Like i said im no chemist but actual 100 percent mdma would not work out for us to put in our bodies so that is converted into mdma salt crystal(im sure lack of a better word) which allows us to take mdma.

Mdma converted into crystal is like the crystalline form is a vessel for the mdma to enter our bodies.

Im not thinking spiritual about it im just making metaphors that i think describes what seems to be the deal.

Pure 84 percent crystal form mdma is pure mdma just only its total weight is 84 percent mdma, the other 16 percent is the rest of its physical structure weight.

A hamburger is a pure hamburger but only 84% is pure hamburger meat and 16% is the bun.

The bun is the burgers vessel to your mouth.

I dont know correct words for my way of describing why 84% mdma is pure mdma its just my thought.

84% mdma is the highest percentage of mdma to exist in crystalline form.

16 percent of the weight is required to build a physical structure.

A bag of concrete mix has to combine with part water to become concrete.

Mdma freebase looses 16% of its weight to become crystalline.

Concrete mix loses a percentage of its purity when waters added to create solid concrete(hence mdma crystal)

Just my thoughts, expressions and opinions-not facts.

Just ideas that to me makes sense of 84% mdma crystal being highest purity possibe.