• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Sketchiness when buying drugs

justtakethat

Bluelighter
I was noticing yesterday that when I was picking up a half gram of H after school that I was feeling a bit sketch buying it so close to the school and even the seller was looking a little sketch or nervous. It's unfortunate that the government's laws have people feeling anxious over some non toxic plant like heroin. This thread was mainly to ask you guys, are you ever sketched out when buying drugs from people and do your dealers ever get nervous doing deals in public.

The only thing that sketches me out about where i buy is that there is usually a police presence nearby. I know my connect and the area well and it?s not too bad as long as i get and go. I?m gonna move this to drug culture, i think it?d be better suited there.

I would agree man.

When I was dealing I made deals in broad daylight in super public places, most people don't think people do that shit so don't think twice. I always got sketch buying in an alley or at an apartment/home.

I was fortunate for the most part, my main dealer delivered it to my apartment and all I had to do was run down to the parking lot. On the handful of occasions, though, when I had to call my backup, he preferred to do it in a public place and then switched it up each time. The switching was what got me kind of sketched out because there were a couple of times that I met him in a part of the city where I wasn't familiar with how the police operated and such. Otherwise it never really bothered me going to pick anything up.

Also, I agree with bptubbs, I felt much less like I was doing something illegal when I went and picked up during the day. Lol.

non toxic plant like heroin? its not a plant, and it isn't toxic technically (pure heroin)..........but I can guarantee you that the cuts in it are either toxic or, at best, very unhealthy....especially if you use it like I do. Besides, those non toxic opioids have damn near killed me more times than anything else, but i suppose that's because I don't intentionally take anything toxic............yet.

jk

Almost every dealer I've met was sketch to the extreme, even in their own homes/very discreet locations. Except for one pot dealer I knew who was so unconcerned with everything he barely tried hiding it. funny enough he never got in trouble.

Severely mistaken if you believe heroin (likely full of fentanyl) is non toxic.

Heroin is full of by product chemicals from production and pure heroin itself is in fact toxic in that it can cause death via respiratory depression.

i mean, diamorphine isnt toxic in the sense that it attacks the body tissues or destroys nerve synapses/axions, or destroys neurotransmitter receptors or modifies neurotransmitters themselves. Outside of the super compulsive addiction that never quite leaves, it doesn't do much damage to the body, so long as one doesn't take so much that they shut down their respiratory system. if you had "pure" heroin, it wouldn't cause much damage, provided proper methods of administration are used and (w/ I.V use) everything's sterile.BUT heroins never pure, always cut, more frequently now with fent analogues, and very unsanitary through trade.

some pethidine analogues cause brain damage. thats what I mean by toxic, heroin and most opioids arent neurotoxic in any sense, but can still stop breathing. It's much less toxic than alcohol, just more illegal and wayyyyyy more expensive.

dont get me wrong, no one should think using heroin is a good idea, and even with opioids that aren't toxic, they're either cut with toxins, or packaged with toxins (like the apap in vicodin). I guess I just popped in to be the "Well actually....." guy. in the end the basic message hasn't changed......drugs are bad

the dose makes the poison. You could pick the most toxic nerve agent or carcinogen, and provided the dose is low enough, nothing bad would happen to the body.

Ummm even miniscule non lethal doses of certain nerve agents has been shown to cause permanent damage. Some things are inherently toxic, at any dose, pure heroin is not.

Like, taking meth causes some destruction of neurotransmitters and (I think) meth tollerance happens by the destruction of neurotransmitter sites, leaving less working cites/neurotransmitters, resulting in a need to take more to achieve the desired effect, which of course, destroys more in the brain.

With opioids, tolerance forms when the body realizes there are wayy more neurotransmitters than normal. When someone is strung out and constantly taking opioids, the body says "well, this is the new normal" and adjusts the amount/sensitivity of the binding sites to try and achieve an equilibrium. The body/brain always "wants" to be in equilibrium and makes changes to do this. So now, the normal dose starts to loose effectiveness because the body/brain is making changes to incorporate the new flood of neurotransmitters (or something that acts like neurotransmitters) into the "normal" function. The body doesn't "like" being high and always shoots for "normal"

The difference, is when one quits using opioids, the user enters withdrawal because all of a sudden the neurotransmitters the body was counting on being there just disappeared. OH NO! But then the body begins to change again, working to correct the balance and to get back to "normal" where the neurotransmitters work as they should. Eventually, the opioid dependent person would get back to a state of equilibrium, where their nervous system operates pretty much as it should. The point is, after stopping opioid use, given enough time, one can make a recovery and regain the function from before for the most part.

With Meth and other amphetamine type stimulants (and stuff like MDMA, Cathinones, Synthetic cannabinoids, and a whole ass load of other chemicals), the mode of tollerance is the actual destruction of neurotransmitters and their binding sites or their production site. Meaning once someone quits using them, and the initial adjustment period the body goes through, the body/brain will have a reduced capacity to function as normal. The action of the brains functions will have been permanently changed. You know how some meth users who went balls to the wall and did a full year of near constant amphetamine psychosis never really seem to be themselves even after getting sober? its because their brain has been damaged and no longer functions correctly. Some people can get stuck in permanent psychosis (which is rare), but after "quitting" the users brain functioning will be altered in a negative way.

If you OD on heroin and stop breathing for 6 minutes, you'll have brain damage, but if someone uses diamorphine for a long time and stops, eventually they will return to normal. With toxic and neurotoxic drug use, after cessation, the body generally can not and will not return to "normal" and will be damaged in some capacity more or less permanently.

Of course, with opioids I've never really felt "back to normal" after quitting because I remember how good they were, and I always thing "how much better [inset activity here] would be if I was high", and some activities seem trivial because they don't really tickle me the way they did before I used. All of this is because of conditioning the response to opioids in my mind. I havent "damaged" my brain, but I've conditioned myself to value the opioid reward over a whole lotta things, and after I quit, going to work feels more tedious because I've conditioned myself to think that everything needs opioids to be enjoyed, done well, done right, etc. Its not brain tissue damage, but more of a psychologiccal phenomenon where I trained myself to value one thing above all else. And that one thing happened to be very illegal and very expensive.

Thats where all the problems with opioids come from; they're very expensive, very illegal, and very very very fun. Once you've started the process of integrating opioids into your bodys equilibrium, It doesn't really seem possible (at that moment) to rebuild without it, because, as we all know, they feel really, really good, and seem to answer anyone's problems they have for some time. Add to this the fact that any user doesn't start to experience serious withdrawal and dependancy symptoms until they've more or less completely integrated it into their life and convinced themselves that they "can" use, you have the crazy addictive problems opioids and heroin bring around.

Then add that its very illegal, and now black markets can make ass loads of money selling the very illegal thing. Thats also incentive to "stretch" the supply out as much as possible to maximize profit (and to make supply last longer). THIS is where the main danger with heroin/opiates is. Dealers importing 1kg of diamorphine into the U.S in their ass, sold to dealer 1 who cuts it 2 to 1 with laxitives and packs it inside a loaf of moldy bread to sell to dealer 2 who cuts it 3 to 1 with benadryl, who sells it to street dealer 3 who cuts it 8 to 1 with talcum powder and some other white powder he tinks looks pretty close to what heroin should, and finally sells it to the final street dealer who bought 500mg of fentanyl online and believes adding 2mg to the heroin will stretch his supply out from 100 bags to 1000 bags. From the start, the business takes whatever amount they start with, and pump it through a pipeline that inflates the price of it by, like, 10,000X

Also, I give my sincere apology for more or less completely de-railing this thread from drug buying sketchiness to explanations of toxicity with respect for drugs. Sorry justtakethat

Last edited:
Not a problem, I always love hearing about the toxicity of opiated and the the whole subject if dependency and self will.

Ummm even miniscule non lethal doses of certain nerve agents has been shown to cause permanent damage. Some things are inherently toxic, at any dose, pure heroin is not.

Not small enough nanogram level dosages or picogram etc.

At certain doses heroun causes you to stop breathing causing permanent brain damage or death. This is toxicity, look up dictionary definition of toxic and then poison and you will see this fits into the definition of toxic.

You get over it with enough trips to the open air drug market, lol

For this west coast boy, being in the northeast has been quite the experience drug-wise. You can get basically anything back here in the northeast USA, and better quality as well, but the experience of buying was waaaay less sketch back home lol. I never used to get sketched out if I was buying something in someone's vehicle or home. Literally buying it on the street always gets me a bit paranoid, though

Yeah, actially you're right LucisDreamr, that is the definition of toxic. That being said, everything and anything CAN be toxic. Water Toxicity? thats a real thing. Literally anything can kill you given a high enough level of intake.

Heroin itself doesn't cause brain damage, the damage is caused from asphyxiation via respiratory depression. the same happens if you choke to death on food. My point is that if one was to take diamorphine (enough to get a "good" high) every day for 2 years and then stop, they would eventually return to more or less normal. Their brain will not have been permanently damaged.

The point I'm trying to make is thzat if you take heroin or opioids in general, they are not going to cause permenant damage by themselves. If an overdose happens, damage may occur, if its cut with poisonous or harmful material, damage will occur, but by itself opioids are generally not damaging to the body in a permanent way.

Acetaminophen is toxic. It wont cause problems in a "once in a while" dose, but taking 3000mg or more in a 24hr period will cause excruciating death from liver failure. It damages the liver tissue. Its also not a good idea to take one Tylenol daily for years and years for the same reason but at a much much slower and gradual level. If you take enough of anything, even water, it can kill you.

I'm not arguing heroin is "good" per say, I just think there is a lot of misconceptions around it and its dangerous effects are entirely the result of the environment its in the people who sell it and the laws making it/having it very illegal.

Yeah, actially you're right LucisDreamr, that is the definition of toxic. That being said, everything and anything CAN be toxic. Water Toxicity? thats a real thing. Literally anything can kill you given a high enough level of intake.

Heroin itself doesn't cause brain damage, the damage is caused from asphyxiation via respiratory depression. the same happens if you choke to death on food. My point is that if one was to take diamorphine (enough to get a "good" high) every day for 2 years and then stop, they would eventually return to more or less normal. Their brain will not have been permanently damaged.

The point I'm trying to make is thzat if you take heroin or opioids in general, they are not going to cause permenant damage by themselves. If an overdose happens, damage may occur, if its cut with poisonous or harmful material, damage will occur, but by itself opioids are generally not damaging to the body in a permanent way.

Acetaminophen is toxic. It wont cause problems in a "once in a while" dose, but taking 3000mg or more in a 24hr period will cause excruciating death from liver failure. It damages the liver tissue. Its also not a good idea to take one Tylenol daily for years and years for the same reason but at a much much slower and gradual level. If you take enough of anything, even water, it can kill you.

I'm not arguing heroin is "good" per say, I just think there is a lot of misconceptions around it and its dangerous effects are entirely the result of the environment its in the people who sell it and the laws making it/having it very illegal.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

the dose makes the poison. You could pick the most toxic nerve agent or carcinogen, and provided the dose is low enough, nothing bad would happen to the body.

This. Too much of anything will kill you. Too much water? Dead. Too much oxygen? Dead. Too hot? Dead. Too cold? Dead. Too much pressure? Dead. Too much radiation? Dead. Too much gravity? Dead.

heroin can't be compared to water and acetaminophen, it stimulates the reward centers in such a way that people deprive themselves of all kinds of safety and keep doing more until they did too much one day. Acetaminophen doesn't have this problem.

Sure you if you can do a safe dose everyday of your heroin career you won't suffer permanent damage. But show me a single seasoned heroin addict that has not overdosed. I've personally never met one. I don't have a number for you but i would guess 75-95% of seasoned heroin addicts have overdosed

There are a higher number of prescription opioid users that somehow manage to not abuse the drugs. I think they are just in so much pain and the amount of drugs they are given are so limited that taking that being high for a couple days isn't worth excruciating pain from whatever condition they suffer from. These are people that know the supply is ultra limited, dealers always give you more heroin though.

plus lots of people prescribed opioids are drug addicts in general, so they just don't have it in them to abuse drugs. ppl that start doing heroin already have that in them

Last edited:
I'm not comparing water to heroin. The only connection I drew between them is that given the right dose, both will kill you. In that circumstance I can absolutley compare them, they both kill you in an overdose. Yes, heroin is orders of magnitude more dangerous, Everythings bad in excess.

Chronic opioid abuse/use will get one physically dependant on the opioid. The bodies action reward mechanisms get hijacked and changes the way people think about everything. But, this is a psycological effect in most part.

What does heroin do? binds with opiate receptors, facilitating a release of endorphins/dopamine. A large one.

Dopamine is the "center" of the reward system, It's basically the #1 motivator do do things necessary to human survival......because doing that feels good, and surviving is good. The body is basically conditioning the person to do stuff they need to to survive, and with each accomplished task, the dopamine rush caused my the body reinforces the persons desire to repeat that activity. Using heroin basically skips all the hard, energy and time consuming steps needed to get the "accomplishment" dopamine by flooding the brain with stuff that does it for them. Since we're more or less conditioned for this as a species, When you use heroin, the caveman living in all of our brains says "this is the most dopamine ive found, and I hardly had to do anything to get it, this will work and I'm going to get as much of it as possible so i can survive."

Being conditioned means you learned to value opioids over all else. You teach yourself that heroins the problem solver, the ice breaker, the health cure, and more. This is reinforced with each use of heroin, resulting in a stronger addiction.

BUT, heroin doesn't do this automatically. You dont use once and suddenly value heroin above all, you have to condition yourself to think that way first. Heroin just releases HaPpY funtime chemicals, it doesnt sieze control of your nervous system.

Lots of people die from heroin, It isn't a harmless drug. But, believe it or not, heroin is much less damaging to the body than alcohol. I believe that opioids are dangerous is because of the black market heroin economics. You get "heroin" thats 97% infant laxitive and cement dust from a dealer who is sketchy as all hell, and have to pay the extremely high price on heroin. Dealers want money, so they're cutting it up. A lot of them have no wualms cutting their drugs like that even when they know its not safe. Your dealer may have even kept the stamps in his mouth all day too.

Also, since heroin is illegal and highly stigmatized, heroin addicts are generally reluctant to seek help due to legal, $, or reputation reasons. And there arent many acceptabe treatment centers in many towns and if there is its expensive.

Heroin by itself wont damage the body in therapeutic and recreational doses. Its the illegality, the high demand/high price in the black market, "inhumane" and unethical dealers, crime associated with that much money, and stigmatization of it is what does the damage. Basically, making it as unsafe as possible for the user in an effort to deter the user from use.

TLDR; Heroin is only comparable to water and tylenol in the sense that way too much of it will kill you. obviously heroi is more dangerous. The point is that heroin doesn't cause permanent damage to the body, and it doesn't irreversably change things. Bad IV technique, poor sanitation, used needles, bloodborne illness, these are what makes H dangerous. Basically, "secondary effects" of heroin use.

you either quit or die, but when you die from H, its from poly drug use, respiratory failure via overdose, and infections (and more). And when you quit, with time and work one can get back to their old self and regain most of what they lost to their use.

Y'a know, I started to type out as many facts as I could about this whole heroin danger thing, and I've forgotten why I even really mentioned anything in the first place hahaha, I feel like when I take something too far and stop to ask myself "wait.......why am i doing this?"

I got one dude that insist on meeting in a public parking lot like walmart, and it sketches me out because I get stuck waiting there on him everytime, and anyone that isn't completely oblivious can tell what has just went down. Thankfully I live in the country, so 99% of these less than "blue collar" transactions occur way out on dirt roads. Nature takes all the sketch out of it