Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

The Mindscape of Alan Moore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zopiclone bandit

Bluelighter
"The main thing that I learned about conspiracy theory is that conspiracy theorists actually believe in a conspiracy because that is more comforting. The truth of the world is that it is chaotic. The truth is, that it is not the Jewish banking conspiracy or the grey aliens or the 12 foot reptiloids from another dimension that are in control. The truth is more frightening, nobody is in control. The world is rudderless."

The Mindscape of Alan Moore
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZXoinYCReE

Well said and I say something similar all the time. However some conspiracies are true and we shouldn't forget that.

This looks like a really interesting video. I'm a big fan of Philip K Dick but I've never read this guy.

EDIT: OK that was mildly interesting. Nothing new here however. Did you have something you wanted us to take from this video or discuss?

Last edited:
Well said and I say something similar all the time. However some conspiracies are true and we shouldn't forget that.

This looks like a really interesting video. I'm a big fan of Philip K Dick but I've never read this guy.

EDIT: OK that was mildly interesting. Nothing new here however. Did you have something you wanted us to take from this video or discuss?

I just find him interesting & sadly a lot of folks link his name to these idiots that wear "Guy Fawkes" masks & that terrible film V for Vendetta, I am sure if more "youth" picked upon his words & message the world may be a better place.

If you like Mr Dick (excuse the wording) you heard of or a fan of William Gibson?

Edit - It was via Neuromancer years ago I got down the path of all kinda of good stuff such as cybernetics & cyberpunk among other things, I also found the song Miku Hatsune - Ievan Polkka (drunk dog dancing has never been the same since)

Alan Moore hated the film V for Vendetta.
He said in the comics V was an all out Anarchist which the film does not portray.
I liked the film though but can understand where he was coming from Moore.

The video link must accompany a synopsis AND a personal discussion starter by the OP. Criteria not met.

Closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.