• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Need some info and help

MedicalDistress

Greenlighter
So I have been clean from meth for 4 months. I have hit a wall. I wanted to see everyone's opinion on what I should say.

So I have been clean for 4 months but I have a lead on some shit, and I'm going to do it. That's besides the point though. MY real question is how do I tell my father once I've done it, I will give all the details.

So I just moved up here 5 months ago to a cold ass state, I shovel snow and help my elderly father do things he isn't capable of anymore. But lately I've gotten a lead on meth, and I've bought some. I haven't done it yet, but I'm curious as to how to tell him I've done it. He buys weed for both me and him, he's pretty cool.

I was thinking maybe to tell him seconds before I do a shot that I will be okay and I will message him shortly after that I will be okay. I really don't want a confrontation because of all this. So I'm thinking of what to say to him. I was think telling him, " I'm about to do meth in the next 5 seconds, I will be okay but I would like for you to not antagonize me for the next 24 hours." (This is how long one shot lasts). I'm just looking for some opinions. He's a good guy and doesn't want me to hurt myself so what could I say to him to make it so I can have a relaxing trip. I'm doing it regardless of the answers so positive answers only. I will take in to account everything that has been said.

Thank you everyone, I will post my results!

P.S.
Please lmk if the forum has been changed for this topic or if the link has changed. I will be using the URL in my browser.

P.S.S.
I'm an avid user and no my dosage.
I started when I was 17 and I'm 22 now.

I would encourage you to not see what you have hit as a wall but as addiction talking inside your own head and trying to lure you back in to thinking you could sustain this. I would imagine that it will terrify your elderly father to see his son shoot up meth. Are you sure you want to put him through that to satisfy a craving? I'm not trying to be harsh but I wonder if this is really something you couldn't resist?

I would encourage you to not see what you have hit as a wall but as addiction talking inside your own head and trying to lure you back in to thinking you could sustain this. I would imagine that it will terrify your elderly father to see his son shoot up meth. Are you sure you want to put him through that to satisfy a craving? I'm not trying to be harsh but I wonder if this is really something you couldn't resist?

You have a point. I was drunk earlier when I wrote this post, but in a sense I'm glad I did so that I could read your post. Though it hasn't changed my mind it has made me think. Addiction is cruel and it seems I may have to deal with it for the rest of my life, and y'know shits hard. My father knows I am an addict and that I have shot up meth many a time, but I may not tell him, or I may not even do it. I'm not sure yet.

Yea, I'm not too sure why you're involving him in all this, regardless of how"cool" he is. If it's that you want someone to know what you're up to, don't you have a buddy or gf to fill that need? If it were me I don't think I'd inform my elderly father I'm about to shoot up some meth! Just my opinion, so take it FWIW.

I would also probably suggest laying off the meth but if you end up using it, don't do it in front of your father, or tell him, or message him or anything. There is really no need, it will simply frighten him. At the same time, I applaud a desire for transparency and honesty, something that addiction often makes us put aside much to our ensuing horror. But think carefully about why you would do this, and what it will do to him.

All the best <3