• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

My favourite kratom strain

MrAshToast

Greenlighter
I have been using kratom for years now and I must say the best strain I have consumed has to be GREEN MALAY. The effects come on quick and result in a lovely peaceful feeling. Other strains like Maeng Da and Sumatran White are rubbish by comparison. Bali Red is a close second. So those are my two cents.

I've tried a bunch of strains from different vendors but I don't care too much about the name as long as it's high quality. I usually buy the borneo and "thai" variety.
And yeah green malay is a very good one, probably my favorite green vein.

There were a few vendors that carried a strain called "classic bali" which is easily the best strain ive ever had. perfect balance of all elements of the high. other than that, balis and green malay would be my go tos. Red thai is cool too. Also was a fan of yellow hulu kapuas.

Last edited:
Kratom is unusual for me. Whichever strain I'm currently using is my favorite strain at that point.

Whenever I switch to a different strain, I'm disappointed for a couple days. Then I weirdly become accustomed to it somehow and it suddenly becomes my new favorite strain.

This makes it hard for me to compare strains because I never feel like I'm getting an accurate picture of a strain until after taking it for a few days.

I'm brand new here. I wanted to share something about kratom. I got it because weed is not legal here and I don't have a connection. My first couple times with kratom I loved the high but the taste was killing me. I tried as recommended mixing it with tea and I got it down but it almost made me gag and puke. The 2nd to last time using it I threw away some the sensation was so awful. I was going to throw away what was left of the ounce. I didn't like the other recommendation of parachuting. Then I got an idea. The chain grocery near me sells snack puddings 4 for $1. I got a vanilla pudding and some chocolate milk. I filled a table spoon halfway with pudding and then put half my dose of kratom on the spoon. Then I took another spoon and put some more pudding on top of the kratom. Then I digested the spoonful of vanilla pudding and kratom and washed it down with chocolate milk. Then I got the other half dose down the same way. IT WORKED GREAT. 95% of the bad taste was killed by the mixing. got a nice high right now. I'm very happy with kratom now. Hope the geniuses at FDA don't make it illegal. good luck

TBH I only like red vein varieties as "Red Kali". They are more sedating and the effects are closer to a classic opiate high (morphine-like). The white vein strains are too uplifting for me and red vein helps me much better with detox from other opioids.

Red Borneo is kind of my"go-to," but I always keep at least three or four different strains on hand and rotate. I find that rotating each day, and sometimes within the same day, provides the maximum benefit.

While I tend to dislike Bali strains overall, due to the extremely low threshold for getting dizzy and "the wobbles," I currently have a "gold" Bali which is one of the best strains I've ever had.

Generally speaking, while reds are more "mellow," and therefore not always as strong as some greens and whites, I've found reds to be much more consistent in their effects/potency.

yeah I tried a couple different ways, the best for me is make it like a smoothie and the add your fav. soda or whatever. My favorite right now is borneo white does not give me a uggh feeling and I think kratomystic is my fav vender at least now. shipping is propt and they have great sales too. so this is my first post and am new as well. have a great day

I have been using kratom for years now and I must say the best strain I have consumed has to be GREEN MALAY. The effects come on quick and result in a lovely peaceful feeling. Other strains like Maeng Da and Sumatran White are rubbish by comparison. Bali Red is a close second. So those are my two cents.
Bali Red is my staple. Maeng Da creates way too much rush anxiety for me. If you can’t get out of bed it’s likely perfect. Will def try green malay soon.

I've always preferred the Red Strains and it's wonderful how we have so many choices when you find the right vendor. I like them because they are sedating in nature and work very well for the pain in my back. Years ago in the late 90's and early 00's there wasn't many choices at all. In fact when I first started ordering it you pretty much had the option of crushed leaf or powder.

As years went buy I noticed they had Bali and Maeng Da and whatnot. I could be wrong but this is what I recollect. Found out about the stuff through Erowid ages ago. The people I deal with are so sweet bow and always send me a couple ounces of Red's for free to try out.

Right now I have a large supply of Red Horn which is treating me well. They had also gave me some Red Sumatra to sample. I take it a couple times a week in conjunction with my daily Buprenorphine. The opioid effect isn't highly prounoced because of my tolerance but it still provides a smooth Euphoria.

It's the perfect plant to take before work.
Very motivating :)

I used to use shit tons of kratom. I never cared for the green strains, I found them not opiate-like enough and more stimulating/less full. I preferred red Thai if I recall. It's been quite a long time. I was able to get Bali the cheapest for a long time, and liked it almost as much as red Thai at first but I got so used to the effects that I would notice way more if I switched strains.

Back when I could feel the difference between strains green and white veins were my least favorite. They are overstimulating and the eye wiggles were very impairing. Red vein bali was my favorite, sedating, relaxing, and it even had a slight muscle relaxing feeling.

Now my tolerance is so high that I can rarely feel the difference between strains. When i'm on a single strain for a while and I switch to a different one I get a bit of a buzz for a day but after that it's the same old dull buzz.

Does kratom negatively affect the liver?
It has heavy alkaloid content which is taxing on the liver. I have seen several, but rare, cases of acute liver damage after combining kratom with alcohol. With that said I have been using kratom and Alcohol daily for a decade. I eventually had some liver damage 6 months ago but nothing too serious.

In general kratom is generally quite safe, but everyone is different and it's probably a bad idea to use of you have any liver issues.

Yeah the drinking definitely contributed more than the Keaton to your liver damage.