• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Ashwagandha is useless

MrAshToast

Greenlighter
Just dropping in to say that the herb ashwagandha is useless. I took 90 pills and there was ABSOLUTELY NO EFFECT.

Well I'd heard that it reduces stress and as I'm highly stressed I thought I'd give it a go, but it's useless. Got some kratom coming tomorrow so I'll be fine.

It doesn't work the way you assume it does, which doesn't mean it's useless, just that you don't know how to use it.

For a nice thorough understanding of its potential effects and how those effects manifest, try reading this.

I'm going to move this to Healthy Living as this is a supplement, not a drug.

You need to take ashwagandha every day so it builds up in your body. It's a supplement, not just something you take to get high... I do hope you didn't take 90 caps of ashwagandha at once, because that's probably not good for your liver / kidneys!

Damn near anything you can get at a GNC or other mainstream supplement shop will not relax you if you are used to any recreational relaxant.

I'm not going to make a list of everything that doesn't work but the only thing I've gotten from a retail shop that relaxed me was kava capsules.

Anything like l-theanine, valerian, gaba you will get more relief from 10 pushups or running in place for a minute or two. Don't waste your money.

The OP i'm sure has forgotten about starting his thread, as I would have, but let me reiterate what has already been said here, and should be cannonical to taking herbs, certainly adpatogens, and absolutely all of the capsuled ones: you need to take a lot, and I mean A LOT, for a few days in order to find the first fact out whether it works for you or not. many aren't the same for most people, in fact I find that rare amongst my friends: I take ashwagandha and gotu gola religiously, but that's what I found worked forme,doing things that I would expect a prescribed antidepessant would do. But I needed to forgo the nonsense of capsules and weak-ass extracts and go with the straight herb: ten grams a day of each at least, down the hatch with some food around it.if you're sober as a doberman but feel unright I suggest combining adaptagens in this way in high doses -high enough to evoke a genuine physiological response. herbs are additive in certain ways, more WILL affect you, and in this case I always advocate more.You can do no wrong when it comes to things so safe as these.

I take 2 teaspoons of ashwaganda in the morning with my coffee. I definitely feel a mood and energy boost. It's not something you can "get high" of off but it's a great thing to use when trying to stay sober. I would recommend finding ashwaganda in bulk from a trusted source. It really is an amazing herb.

Oh agreed , it is an herb I believes where source makes quality in every way. and for sure i wasn't suggesting that there's a high, i think you know what i mean if you use ashwa the way you do, - aside from whatever cellular biological it effects that have been studied to offer the body, i believe no person wto was getting regularly intoxicated on any sort of substance regularly would be able to feel much off of this or any adaptogen for that matter; the real baseline to gauge a thing like this is from sobreity; the highs and lows we get by living in a world of the extremes ones finds in that game keep us from smelling the roses.

so maybe you, OP, were getting high while you were experimenting with ashwa and you weren't able to notice if it was effecting you?

oh and all that being said, ashwa plus selegline 5mg produced for me a legit low-intensity speed high. weird....coool...

Last edited: