• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Mushrooms (4 Grams) - Third Time - From Heaven to Hell...

TylerPerdew1942

Greenlighter
Forgive me for the lack of timestamps as this happened in November of 2017 but I still remember it pretty well. So let me start with some info about me.
18 m
at the time 320 lbs ( now 290 )
Previous drugs used: Marijuana ( heavily ), LSD ( heavily ), Shrooms ( only twice before and only at 2.5 gs each time), and occasionally alcohol
Set: Pretty good mood and happy with life as I had just met my then girlfriend a month prior.
Setting: My friend's house and my house.

So it began in the evening and my friend and I along with his dad took our mushrooms and ground them up with his weed grinder and put them into Nutella and peanut butter sandwich. We could barely taste them so there was no nausea at the beginning of the experience.
About 15-20 minutes later I began to feel funny. My friend decided to play some Battlefield with his dad on his Xbox as I watched ( not a gamer so I declined the offer. ) about 45 minutes in I began to feel trippy. Lights became a bit brighter and I began to get that headspace that we all know and love. We all began to smile and giggle at this point waiting for the visuals to immerse us. At this point, I became very fixated to the curtain they had on their window. I specifically remember asking my friend's dad " Whoah, is that shit getting wavy for you or am I just tripping? " we then all laughed. We just sat, giggled, and enjoyed ourselves.
About 1 hour into the experience and things started getting nice and groovy for me. The curtain I was staring at began to melt a bit and had geometric shapes form on it. I began to look at this large wooden block that there Tv was on. I began to see faces and human-like figures form in the design. They were smiling and dancing. I began to lie back in the chair and stare at the ceiling. The ceiling looked as if the design was expanding outward ( it was a popcorn ceiling ). We all sat there just staring around the house enjoying what we were seeing, I asked my friend if I could play some music on his Xbox. I began to play some of my favorite trip songs and bands like DEVO, The Velvet Underground, and The Beatles to name a few. I am a musician so I normally already can pick apart a song sober but I actually felt like I could play the parts to the songs if an instrument were given to me. We all sat there enjoying s visual slide show which now was pretty intense. Drifting, melting, geometric shapes, fractals, and the whole shebang. There were many giggles and just an all around positive vibe in the room. If I remember correctly it was around 8 pm when I had to leave ( I do not EVER recommend driving under the influence of any psychoactive substance however, I only live down the road from him so I knew I would be ok. ) I walk outside an get into my car thinking " What is this alien technology? How does one drive a car? " I eventually figured it out and drove home ( not even ten seconds, I could've walked but my dad would've wondered why I didn't have my car home. I get in and walk into my living room, the wall breathing as soon as I entered the room. I went into my room and sat down in my chair and this is when I experienced ego death ( I think ) I sat there and could hear and see but I felt like I disconnected from the world and I was looking at myself from the corner of the room as if a camera was in the corner. I eventually came back to my senses and decided to lie down and enjoy my trip. This is when things went downhill. I was ready for the trip to end as I had to go to school in the morning and just kept saying to myself " God hurray up and end." This is when things went from heaven to hell. I sat there thinking about myself and my family. I began to think of myself as a failure for abusing pot, as I was a major stoner at this point, and thinking about my mom and wanting her home because she was not living with my dad and I. I began messaging my friends telling them I am sorry for what I have become and I wanted them to know that I loved them. It got to the point that I actually began to cry for a good 30 minutes, mainly for my mother as I missed her and wanted to see her before I had to move out on my own. I eventually calmed myself down and turned on some music. As I came down I smoked a bowl to help me sleep and fell asleep.

This was the most intense experience I had ever been through. I don't see it as a bad trip, I see it as something I can learn from. I am wanting to trip again once I recover from HPPD from psychedelic drug abuse in late 2017. I am currently sober and plan on tripping around the end of 2018 so my brain can recover. Hope you enjoyed!

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_mushrooms
substancecode_tryptamines
explevel_inexperienced
exptype_positive
exptype_difficult
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey there, thanks for sharing! I'm gonna move this to Trip Reports since that's what it is.

Sounds like you have a good mind for psychedelics. Lots of people, when they experience a traumatic period during a trip, seem to decide to dwell on it and worry if they've been damaged, but you took it in stride and learned from it, that's awesome. Everyone will experience a difficult or terrifying trip at some point if they decide to get into psychedelics, back in my earlier days I had a period of fear/terror/anxiety during almost every trip.

Thanks, man. I plan on doing 4 grams around the same time this year once my HPPD goes away and doing it alone like Terrance McKenna. I don't use any psychoactive substances currently. The most I do is smoke a little weed every couple weeks. I have a lot of reports I can do as I did abuse psychedelics and weed ( Tripping every weekend almost. ) I hope you guys enjoy them.