• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Panic attacks every time I do MDMA

float32

Greenlighter
So last year, I tried MDMA for the first time. I did 100mg and it was the best thing I have ever experienced. I even felt great afterwards and didn't have any comedown at all. I did MDMA regularly after that. Perhaps I didn't wait as long as I should between rolls, (I waited 2-4 weeks) but I always kept the dose under 200mg. Now, the 3rd time I rolled I took maybe like 150mg and I got a really bad panic attack. I felt completely fine but within a seccond everything just got terrifiying. Sounds became really loud, the room I was in became much larger and I felt intense fear. This lasted for a good while and once it was over I felt some good mdma effects but it was starting to come down. So after this happened, naturally I waited a long time until I did mdma again. I waited like 2 months before I did another 100mg. Again, I got the same horrible experience. So I waited another month and did just 50mg. This didnt give me a panic attack, but I definitely felt some anxiety and also I barely felt the good effects so it wasnt worth it.

So does anyone know whats going on with me? Have I just done too much to often or should I never do MDMA again?

I'm also a pretty skinny dude, and all the doses I've done have been a bit more than whats recommended for my weight, so maybe I'm to blame here.

Last edited:
I want to add that i'm pretty healthy mentally and have never gotten any panic attacks while sober

Once you have had a panic attack associated with one or other drug, you build up a physical memory of the signs. What happens is that you start to feel the drug working and your brain goes into overdrive and it's asking am i having a panic attack over and over again thus reinforcing the negative effect.
This is what I started to get with weed, and which go so bad I hardly ever touched weed for 30 yrs.
The way to get out of this is to get into a space where even the idea of a panic attack feels ridiculous and then do your roll. Once you have a good roll you will be stronger the next time to resist a panic attack.
In my case using mdma helped me enjoy weed again, but I don't know if that would work the other way round.