• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Can the hospital i work at fire me for testing positive when admitted as a patient?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Medgrass95

Greenlighter
First off i apologize if this is in the wrong place (let me know how to fix it and I will). I work at a hospital that has pre-employment drug screening. I have passed and worked at the hospital for several years but I have a hypothetical question. If I were to admit myself (or be admitted due to an accident, illness, etc) and i tested positive for "drugs" whatever they may be, would they be able to fire me? Are there any HIPPA laws that would protect me? Would they have to retest me after i resume working to fire me? This is all assuming that it was NOT a workplace injury. No workers comp issues, just testing positive for drugs when off the clock and admitted as a patient. Thanks.

Hi Medgrass95, we do not allow discussions regarding drug tests. Please read the Bluelight User Agreement you accepted when signing up.

Specifically, you may not:
use Bluelight in any way, shape or form for unlawful purposes, including, without limitation:
  • attempting to solicit, obtain sell or supply contraband substances or substances of a quasi-legal status or information on how to do so;
  • posting or exchanging any information on ongoing or future criminal activity, any information which can be construed as discussing such activity or actively encouraging others to engage in criminal activities;
  • ask for advice regarding drug tests;
  • use ineffective self-incrimination avoidance terms. Terms include but are not limited to: SWIM; my dog; etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.