• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2018/2019 NFL Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There where some great games this weekend. I really enjoyed the Browns Steelers game. Was back and fourth with neither team wanting to win it seemed. I still think they need to get rid of ties in the NFL. College doesn't have ties why the nfl!?

Darnold looked really good for the Jets last night. Bears blew a sure win by getting conservative. Dallas still sucks. The Giants should of drafted a qb last year. Ah the NFL is the greatest reality show of all time

No doubt it's only week 1. Dallas doesn't have a true number 1 wr. Qb is a game manager at best. Oline is depleted. I don't think they are very good.

TB phi is going to be interesting to watch.

The Browns are releasing Josh Gordon. W...t...f?

also...Devonta Freeman will not play against the Panthers tomorrow, as he is out 2-3 weeks with a knee injury.

source.gif

Week 2

Time to lurk the Reddits for car@atl ... because fuck watching the colts and redskins

At least you didn't lose. A tie with your conference rival is a much better result. If what's his name hadn't missed all those field goals...damn. That was a lot of misses.

Cam and CMC played really well. The road game at Atlanta is always the hardest game for us. Bengals at home for us next.

Some shit refs for the GB game. Bad impact calls. So we tie. Fuck its pissing me off.

you're right though man. That roughing the passer call on Matthews that erased that interception...TOTAL bullshit. He put his arm down. Never "lifted him up" or anything like that. I was totally confused at that point.

Rams

Last six quarters of football 57-0

Last two meetings with Az 67-0

So cardinals and raiders maybe down but seems like every other game is a any given Sunday situation or comes down to the last possession.

Dating back to last year Ram's average margin of victory vs sub-top 50% is easily 18-24PPG
My top 10:
Rams
Jax
Vikings
Chiefs
Pats
Packers
Bucs
Eagles
Saints
Broncos

Maybe now y'all can compete with the Dolphins for the East? :)

Yeah, get on our level, Patriots!

Honestly, I do think we have a pretty good team this year. Looking forward to enjoying football season for once. I do think we are a Wildcard level team, and certainly better than we were when we made the playoffs two years ago.

Also, the Jags are legit. For reasons of history, I kind of suspected they would not be as good this season as they were last year. IIRC perception was they kind of lucked out slipping into the AFC Championship game last year, but they appear to have some follow-through.

Oh, and I've brought this up before, but how is it that Reshad Jones doesn't get the hype he deserves? He's been playing at an extremely high level the past several seasons; he is legit one of the top 3 safties in the entire league. Preseason projections always referenced our lack of star power with Suh and Landry gone, meanwhile Reshad Jones has been playing his position better than any of those guys for seasons now. I don't get it.

geez, can you imagine the pressure? i think he rose to the occasion and looked pretty comfortable last night...

17/23 (~74%) 0t d and 0 int

great comeback win. i'm happy for browns fans.

alasdair

He definitely looked great. Only thing is, he wasn't supposed to play. What happens when he has to go against a team that actually prepared specifically for him? A team that's not the Jets...

we'll see. they get the raiders in oakland next week which they could win - their defense is legit. then at home to the ravens which will be a test but it's a divisional matchup in which they have a chance.

who wins more games this season - cleveland, arizona or buffalo?

alasdair

Cleveland gets the most wins if the 3. They are actually fairly talented. If they get just average qb play they'll win 5 games. Buffalo will be lucky to win a game. I don't know much about Arizona

Ali, what chance would you say the Lions have of beating your Patriots tonight? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.