• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2018/2019 NFL Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rams should beat the chiefs. Chiefs defense is very suspect while the Rams should be able to put pressure on Mahomes straight up the middle. Good game but it doesn't mean much overall with them being in different conferences.

Rams should beat the chiefs. Chiefs defense is very suspect while the Rams should be able to put pressure on Mahomes straight up the middle. Good game but it doesn't mean much overall with them being in different conferences.

I can hope but it could go either way. The refs have been harsh on the rams recently.

My head is telling me Rams, but I've just been having this weird feeling that the Chiefs might win big.

Weekly postmortem...don't worry , no bitching about refs

I'd love to know the last time Gano missed a field goal AND an extra point in the same game.

I'm struggling to figure out what exactly our problem is, as a team.

For the longest time, supposedly, our problem was Cam. He sulked too much. Couldn't throw the ball. Our defense was feared though. They were consistent even when everything else failed. If only Cam could learn to play from the pocket.

then a couple of years was pretty much ruined by injuries, but the same problems persisted. Got a lot of shit about letting Norman and KB go, but I think those decisions have proven to be good ones.

New OC comes in, Cam grows and matures, having maybe the best season of his career. McCaffrey playing out of his mind. Funchess doing ok as our #1. DJ Moore having a great rookie year. No injuries. Everything coming together.

Except now where the fuck has our defense gone? Red zone defense terrible. Can't take the ball away. 1st down after first down. Offensive line not that great either.

The game today, I just knew Cams season was over. That Detroit guy dived right into the back of his leg like 3 seconds after the ball was gone. But he comes back. Crisis averted. We go on a run. Cam makes play after play. Until the one that mattered. Gets good protection on the 2pt conversion, but protection breaks right as receiver gets open. Cam having a hell of a game, hell of a season, but he throws too hard and fucks it up.

so just like that, we are 6-4 in a crazy competitive NFC. Lost back to back games. I'm not even going to watch tv this week, because all the Cam haters are about to come out of the woodwork and play the missed throw over and over. Let's just pretend he didn't just get his legs almost torn off a few minutes ago. Sure that had nothing to do with his footwork.

Only thing I can come up with is the head coach. I don't know how the fuck you have this much talent assembled...veteran hall of fame guys, young guys who are hungry, a one of a kind MVP quarterback who can do things no other qb can. Cam, Olsen, McCaffrey, Peppers, Kuechly, TD...I just don't know what the answer is. I do know Rivera has made a few big time questionable calls this season. I do know things in general aren't coming together.

We need some energy. Some aggression. This constant stoicism from the head coach is not what a franchise like this needs.

The NFL is just a brutal league. I think you guys make the wildcard and from there anything is possible.

I really hope you are right. Problem is we have to play the saints twice. If we were the Patriots in the AFC East, those two games would be against the Jets. That's the kind of thing that keeps me up at night.

As for the teams in the NFC wildcard Race, let's look at the team Carolina has next week: Seattle. Like I said, they got us next, after that they're gonna go 4-1 (two against the 49ers, Vikings, Cardinals, Chiefs). So that will mean they finish 10-6 or 9-7, depending on the winner of the Panthers game.

Leaving out the Seahawks game, and assuming we lose twice to the Saints, and we win the rest, that puts Carolina at 9-6. So that means they will finish 10-6 or 9-7 depending on the winner of the Seahawks game.

so, I'm fairly certain it will either be us or them in the wildcard slot. I guess it's possible that we could both make it.

Regardless, the Panthers Seahawks game this Sunday could determine who makes the playoffs.

Yep the way the schedule works the better you finish the year before the harder your schedule next year is likely to be. The Eagles schedule is just fucking Brutal man.

Yeah Mahomes inexperience really showed up in the 2 minute drill.

I thought both defense played well. Both caused turnovers that led directly to points. Mahomes had what 6 turnovers?

Rams vs Saints is going to be a great playoff game

KC almost made it happen. Great game. No defense but still fun.
Tell that to Aaron Donald and Samson Ebukam(not only 2 TDs but hit Mahomes arm leading to Marcus Peters INT)

I don't have cable at my new apartment and my stream went down as 3rd quarter was coming to a close.....FUCK MY LIFE!!!

Watching Goff's highlights from last night - all 4 TDs were fucking bullseye and needed to hit the mark to avoid INT. His 26:6INT ratio puts him in MVP race. At least 3 of those picks included a feat of athletic heroism by opposing DB. Has no chance to win it but votes set the path for future honors. He's way better than I ever imagined.

Was a huge night for McVay's first draft class(Samson Ebukam, Josh Reynolds, Gerald Everett(all 3 were game changers) and starting SS John Johnson. With Kupp out I see Goff being more dangerous because Everett\Higbee\Reynolds are suddenly viable options. Everett was McVay's first ever draft pick. I envision productively. Tight ends take awhile to develop and he's outta south Alabama.

Rams are pretty much a toss up in every potential playoff game(I think first round bye is a lock Lions\Bears\Eagles\Cards\Niners remain. Worst case scenario is 12-4(likely enough for 2 seed) finish 14-2 sounds very realistic. I kinda hope Bears beat them(Chicago in December is cold!) as long as 1 seed is guaranteed. I predicted Bears turn around.... based on coincidence.

Aqib Talib returns vs Lions. Awesome. He's been out since first half week 4. Guy is a legit top 5 at his position.

Even potential match up with the NFC East winner @ LA is 50\50 imo. I'm hoping they aren't this generations mid 2000's Chargers(great regular seasons, embarrassing playoffs)
Predicted playoff brackets:
NFC:
1. Rams
2. Saints

3. Bears
4. Dallas
5. Seahawks
6. Panthers

AFC:
1. Chiefs
2. Patriots

3. Steelers
4. Texans
5. Titans
6. Colts

Un

fucking

believable.

COACH the game is TIED. go for the first down RUN OUT THE CLOCK. Convert the third down and WIN. Even IF Gano makes the FG you're giving Wilson the ball with almost two minutes left!! Everything with Gano last week, he misses an extra point already this game, NOW you decide to trust him? You fucking moron.

im so fucking tired of this shit. Cam, Christian, Luke, I'm fucking sorry you guys are playing out of your minds and Rivera and Gano GAVE AWAY two games in a row. 6-5 should have been 8-3.

Cam went 14 for fucking 14 in the first half!

God I'm pissed off. We have the saints twice still, our seasons probably over.

Last edited:
I can't believe the Eagles are still in the thick of the NFC East race. I don't think we will win it but it's still crazy to be 5-6 and one game back

Seahawks are getting one of the wildcard spots. They're 6-5 now, with two games against the 49ers and one game against the Cardinals. The other two are home games against KC and the Vikings. So that's an automatic 3 wins, but they could definitely win all 5. I'll go ahead and say they'll go 4-1 and end the season 10-6

Rams are going to wreck the Eagles.

Loved the game against the Sea Hawks. Will never forget that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.