GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2018/2019 NFL Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Yeah I think the wind is advantage Panthers. Our rb core is decimated

Yeah that was a heartbreaker. Our secondary is fucking awful. The whole team is just lacking something this year. Oh well Carson is the real deal and we will have plenty of time to build around him. I mean 9-7 probably wins our division this year. That's possible

Lions looked really strong today. Yeah, Dolphins didn't have their first string quarterback in, but it was their defense that lost the game I'd say.

I feel like the Lions are finally coming together. Knock on wood.

^ kerryon johnson and kenny golladay are both incredibly talented noobs.

alasdair

Yeah that was a heartbreaker. Our secondary is fucking awful. The whole team is just lacking something this year. Oh well Carson is the real deal and we will have plenty of time to build around him. I mean 9-7 probably wins our division this year. That's possible

Did you think the Reid catch was a catch? I think since it was called a catch on the field, and there wasn't indisputable evidence, it should have stood. Even though the ball moved slightly, his hand was underneath and imo he never "lost control". The ball can move, it's just, does the movement denote a loss of control. That's the bit there. I don't think there was sufficient evidence to show that.

i think Philly will still come back and win the nfc east.

I thought the ball clearly hit the ground. He basically trapped it.

I didn't know contact with ground was automatically disqualifying, as long as control was maintained. It was kinda 50/50 and in those situations the call on the field needs to stand. Just my thoughts.

i agree with mal3 - i was surprised it was overturned.

i think that a lot of this kind of confusion could be prevented with a simple change to the rule: if any part of the ball touches the ground at all, it's not a catch. simple.

alasdair

Todd Gurley has 14 TDs this year thru 7 games

Better than OJ Simpson, imo

Rams next 4 games:
Packers
@Saints
Seahawks
Chiefs in Mexico

When does the '72 Dolphins pop the cork?

I think the saints beat the Rams. Drew Brees has been playing really well at home. The NFC is so stacked this year.

Lions looked really strong today. Yeah, Dolphins didn't have their first string quarterback in, but it was their defense that lost the game I'd say.

I feel like the Lions are finally coming together. Knock on wood.

Yeah, the defense really dropped the ball in that one.

Osweiler has been playing better than Tannehill was, tbh.

I think GB is gonna get pummeled. LARs hearing all the doubters and they are gonna be really motivated to protect their field.

Status
Not open for further replies.