• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2018/2019 NFL Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I think one game should be played in Miami when it's hotter then hell then one in foxbourough when it's colder then Pluto.

Yeah, I like seeing how different teams react to extreme weather conditions.

40 DAYS

YINprzR.jpg

Anyone else watching this Johnny Manziel Canada Trainwreck?

Are those friend beads? idk, im just going old school and puke on that k mart shirt when he is in the shower..

Well, that and in the brown county lotto I scored next week Thursday tickets and like end of December tickets if im lucky.. fkn rigged.

Rg3 looked pretty good on Thursday night. I think he will make a team as a backup this year

^ seriously...he got a td in a PRESEASON game and jumped up into the crowd like they were in the playoffs. Give me a break. And they ended up losing to top it all off 8).

i thought baker mayfield looked pretty great against the Giants. I might be tempted to start him against the Steelers.

Do an6 of you know if it would be possible to use a vpn to trick a streaming tv service like YouTube tv, PS Vue, etc...into thinking I still live in NC? The Game Pass thing isn't really doing it for me, the app on my tv is clunky and crashed several times during the Panthers Bills game. I can cancel the trial for that. If I could somehow get the local channels from the area I just moved from, I'd at least get to see every Carolina game.

i really wish I could afford Sunday Ticket and be done with it...

easy. i use ipvanish all the time to switch location for sling tv.

alasdair

easy. i use ipvanish all the time to switch location for sling tv.

alasdair

Can you explain to me how that works?

for example, if I downloaded the ipvanish app on my iPad, would it affect every device on my network? Could I set it up on my iPad, then automatically switch between it and my Roku, Fire Stick, etc?

I was looking at Directv Now, and it says to get live locals your billing zip code must match the zip code where you use your device.

This is kind of thing confuses me, but I need to figure something out because I live in the Bengals/Colts market and will probably never see a Panthers game unless it's nationally televised. Maybe the game pass app will run better once the regular season starts, idk. Maybe it'd be better through my Xbox. I'm just not sure if it's worth it, having to wait until after the games are already over.

edit: also, if I switched my ip to a different location to watch something else, would that automatically trigger something in the live tv app, or does it even care how many times you switch?

Last edited:
Trying to figure this out on the fly...tried several free trials for some vpns...it's not really fixing my problem. I thought my issue was going to be finding one with a server within Carolina's viewing area. I finally did, but it doesn't matter. The live TV apps determine my location based on my iPads built in "location services" which has nothing to do with my IP. I can disable it, but then the apps just tell you to fuck off until you turn it back on.

my fail safe is getting the game pass and having to settle for watching the games late. Try not to get all the scores spoiled for me. Shit sucks but w.e.

^ seriously...he got a td in a PRESEASON game and jumped up into the crowd like they were in the playoffs. Give me a break. And they ended up losing to top it all off 8).

There were tons of Lambeau leaps 1st preseason game. LOl. Pop warner were playing at half time from five yards out and the coaches and staff were helping them leap.

QB from the browns we picked up looked good for pre season and a few new WR.

Trying to figure this out on the fly...tried several free trials for some vpns...it's not really fixing my problem. I thought my issue was going to be finding one with a server within Carolina's viewing area. I finally did, but it doesn't matter. The live TV apps determine my location based on my iPads built in "location services" which has nothing to do with my IP. I can disable it, but then the apps just tell you to fuck off until you turn it back on.

my fail safe is getting the game pass and having to settle for watching the games late. Try not to get all the scores spoiled for me. Shit sucks but w.e.

I streamed the eagles games last year successfully. Found them on Reddit r/nflstreaming or something like that. Just go to that subreddit at game time. It's straight forward

Yeah...I'll try that when the time comes to see if I can watch them live. With game pass to fall back on, I suppose.

I broke down and got Sunday ticket for this year. I wish the NFL made scheduling good matchups a priority for the 12 and 3 Sunday games. I live in Alabama and we are always stuck with a Falcons game in the 12 spot. If they arent playing it's a Titans or bucs game. Really stupid Imo. College manages to get every marque game on cable TV why can't the nfl?

I broke down and got Sunday ticket for this year. I wish the NFL made scheduling good matchups a priority for the 12 and 3 Sunday games. I live in Alabama and we are always stuck with a Falcons game in the 12 spot. If they arent playing it's a Titans or bucs game. Really stupid Imo. College manages to get every marque game on cable TV why can't the nfl?

good for you man. It's really not a bad value when you think about it, especially when you're really into it like we are. I should start a go fund me or something lol.

shits getting serious! Almost time to start up the Pickems thread.

TWO WEEKS!

pjhakN4.jpg

Last edited:
hungover so on a nostalgia kick today and cruising all football threads from all over. i don't think i've really been watching pro in years, 2016 maybe. actually i know that to be true because the atlanta Super Bowl was so crushing, right after the inauguration and i went to Run the Jewels the night before and got everyone so whacked out and hyped for atlanta.

anyone here a bears fan? i found this really strange post i made from 2015

Kenickie somewhere else said:
some guy came into work and paid with a bears credit card. i just held it for a second and i said, i am so sorry about what's happening to you right now. and he looked at me and said 'you are sincere about this.' and i said 'of course. it's terrible what's happening' and he said 'a girl younger than my own daughter is giving me sincere apologies about my team when no one else i know can. god help me." the next week he went on to lose to the saints. jesus that team. may god rest that poor bear fans soul, where ever he may be.

what was this? jay cutler drama? some other horrible bullshit? i just cannot remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.