• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2018/2019 NFL Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, the pats aren't in the afc north so that doesn't make much sense.

after what happened last season? single games are next to meaningless. we won the afc. how did your team do in the playoffs? :)

alasdair

Lol...hey ali. I didn't mean it, I just missed you and I knew if I mentioned the Pats losing that you'd be obligated to say something.

Do you tell yourself single games don't matter so you don't have to think about Brady blowing it against a backup in the sb ? =D. I kid! I kid...

Cam lost to a legendary HoF qb...the defensive rookie of the year...the offensive rookie of the year...first time a team had both since the 60s...plus you know it's hard playing in the best division in the best conference in the league. If we were in the afc least we could have easily won and not even had to play a wildcard.

like all my excuses? Damn it I forgot to mention all the injuries...

i just think lording it over somebody for a single win is kind of silly. yeah, the panthers beat the pats last season. but it's one win - congratulations. i'd take a loss to the panthers every season if we get to the superbowl :)

alasdair

but it wasn't. so you didn't.

:)

i obviously meant a regular season loss...

alasdair

^ i like the idea of no tv timeouts and fewer commercials. but that's about it. i don't think we need an other football league.

alasdair

I'm going to give it a chance. CBS is behind it. I like the idea of it starting the weekend after the SB. And it won't hurt the NFL at all, at first. Maybe not ever.

Been a while since Carolina had a WR to be excited about. Steve Smith's ringing endorsement gave me chills. He's been vocal for years that we've never been able to replace him.

you like the pats going for a RB Ali?

i like both of the first two picks. i was sad to see dion lewis leave and i think michel might step right into those shoes as a versatile pass-catching receiver.

alasdair

xGYgIze.jpg

lookin good caff, lookin good

I have a feeling that guy is gonna cause some problems for some people this year.

Well, I really like the way the Dolphins drafted, and feel OK about the way we have handled the second half of free agency. Letting go of both Suh and Landry are definitely mistakes, and the defensive tackle position will be weak as fuck this year, but we will be all-around better at linebacker and in the defensive backfield. Reshad Jones and TJ McDonald are as strong a pair of safties as any team has in the league; it will definitely be our strongest position next year.

With Landry gone, we desparately need DeVante Parker to step the fuck up.

As for the draft, I am glad that we truly committed to drafting the best player available in the first round, and not according to need.

I am also glad that the Dolphins resisted all of the outside pressure placed upon the organization by local media to trade up and draft a quarterback. While Tannehill may not be a world beater, he is certainly good enough that he would be difficult to replace. Quarterbacks are essentially a crapshoot in the draft, and exchanging a guy who is pretty good with another opportunity to roll the dice would have been outrageously stupid.

suh is a toolbag.

raiders have amari cooper, jordy nelson and martavis bryant - if they can't get it done with those three...

alasdair

Panthers sign ex-Broncos running back C.J. Anderson to one-year deal

Jesus, I'm getting giddy. Gonna be a long 5 months.

How about some post-draft power rankings?

Where is your team? Agree/disagree?

fkIMmvH.jpg

I feel pretty good at 10.

8 or 9 would probably be more accurate, but I'd much rather be underrated than overrated.
With norv turner as OC and competent receivers it's going to be a whole new look for the Panthers.

Last edited:
Reshad Jones has been one of the most criminally underrated players in the league over the past 4 or 5 years. Dude has been a legit top 5 (conservatively) safety in the league the past five or so years, and still struggles to make the Pro-Bowl due to fan voting.

Jesus, I'm getting giddy. Gonna be a long 5 months.
right? i console myself by working on my draft spreadsheet :)

Where is your team? Agree/disagree?
pats are at #3 behind the eagles and the rams. the rams looked pretty good but flamed out in the first round and i think that their lack of big game experience puts them behind the pats for me. eagles #1 seems fair. i'd have the pats at #2.

alasdair

Status
Not open for further replies.